SUGAR !!!

Options
I've found recently that I am really craving sugar! I stay well within my calories but it's mainly sweet snacks such as marshmallows and biscuits. Anyone else have this problem and what I can do to stop it lol

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Eat some biscuits or marshmallows?

Unless you have a medical reason for limiting sugar, there's no reason you can't work the occasional treat into your calorie goals.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Unless you have a medical reason for limiting sugar, there's no reason you can't work the occasional treat into your calorie goals.

+1
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

+1

+2

Moderation of all foods (except the ones you don't like... cause... gross).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I've found recently that I am really craving sugar! I stay well within my calories but it's mainly sweet snacks such as marshmallows and biscuits. Anyone else have this problem and what I can do to stop it lol

If you have trouble controlling yourself around certain foods, it may be best to not have them in the house for a while. I had to do that with peanut butter. After a while, you may find that you can re-introduce small portions into your diet and be able to stop at a single serving. Nothing inherently wrong with sweet snacks, but some behavior modification may be in order.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Make S'Mores?

Also - same as others have said. Find ways to fit the foods you like into your day. If you have trouble controlling the amount of them that you eat, find alternatives or restrict them for a time until you learn the ability to moderate. It takes practice but I believe will lead to long term, sustainable habits.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

+1

+2

+ 3
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

+1

+2

+ 3

+4
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    To the OP, I eat ice cream almost every night. Make room for it in your calorie allowance and have some. Also, unless you have a medical issue, there is no reason to track sugar. It is a carb. Carbs are already tracked. Change your food diary setting to track something else, like fiber or iron.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Have you recently started or changed your workout? Whenever I start working out again I crave sugar....I have a pretty good sweet tooth anyway but I started swimming when I worked near a gym with a pool and I found myself craving and drinking a Sunny D-light after my workout for a few weeks. Then it goes away and I think Sunny-D is kinda gross again.
  • cazvenger
    cazvenger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Why stop? If you're staying within your calories and don't have a reason to eliminate sweets, just work a small amount into your day since you know you're going to crave it anyway.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My best month of weight loss was one where 75%+ of my diet was cookies (biscuits). I'd have 1200 calories worth of them for breakfast alone. And I've lost a total of 25 pounds while eating sugar well beyond moderation. You're fine as long as you're under your goal and don't have a medical condition where you need to limit sugar.
  • spollard888
    spollard888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. If I start eating sugar I can't stop - once I introduce it I start craving it. Have to stay completely off of it and keep all carbs to less that 50% of total calories.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

I like you.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

+1

+2

+ 3

+4

+5

Make sure you are getting adequate supply of proteins and fats from eating a variety of foods, and not exceeding a sensible calorie deficit following the MFP recommendation, and you should find that your cravings subside.

+6
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    OP, I like eating sugar in moderation. It tastes good to me. I hope this isn't offensive in any way.

H802hF1.gif
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Is it a problem? Are you eating so many sweets that you are not getting enough of other foods to provide good nutrition?

If you are eating these as part of a balanced diet and staying within your calorie goals, then it shouldn't be a problem.

If not, then you could try various methods to curb the cravings. Some like to abstain completely for a while. This sometimes breaks the urge to overeat sweets. Others like to switch to more filling sweets like dark chocolate, high fiber or protein cookies/bars. Others can simply moderate it and eat small portions. It might take a few tries to see what works best for you. Just don't give up.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    OP, I like eating sugar in moderation. It tastes good to me. I hope this isn't offensive in any way.

H802hF1.gif

If you're staying well within your calories, then there should be no problem with eating the amount of sugar you're eating. Unless you perceive there to be a problem with amount of sugar you're eating, then you should stop eating the amount of sugar you're eating by eating less sugar.

This convoluted, unhelpful post brought to you by the letter "not being offensive in any way, shape or form".
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Sugar makes me want to dance.

sugar-sugar-simpsons-o.gif

I'm not sure that's relevant. I'm bacon you to stay on topic!

celebrate.gif