SUGAR !!!

Options

Replies

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sugar makes me want to dance.

sugar-sugar-simpsons-o.gif

I'm not sure that's relevant. I'm bacon you to stay on topic!

celebrate.gif

Bacon? That's definitely not relevant... but that sparkly stuff? That's definitely sugar.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP unless you are doing this:

the-eclair-o.gif

Then you don't have a problem with sugar. Eat the marshmallows and biscuits in moderation. You'll be fine.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    OP unless you are doing this:

the-eclair-o.gif

Then you don't have a problem with sugar. Eat the marshmallows and biscuits in moderation. You'll be fine.
    That's me with cheese!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the dancing!
    elaine_dance1.gif
    Maybe it was all that sugar in that apple making me talk all crazy.
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, friends! I came into this conversation late and saw a video of a cute little girl snapping her fingers. I quoted it with +10000. I didn't realize this person was being "modded"? (new word for me). I sincerely just liked his video. I thought she was adorable. :weary:
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    To the OP, I eat ice cream almost every night. Make room for it in your calorie allowance and have some. Also, unless you have a medical issue, there is no reason to track sugar. It is a carb. Carbs are already tracked. Change your food diary setting to track something else, like fiber or iron.

I did that. I eat a small freighter load of fruit everyday and although my carbs were in the green, I was off the charts in sugar. Now I track fibre.

• umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I usually take it as my body's crude way of saying it needs water or something nutritious. To obey, I drink some water, eat something minor like nuts or cheese that have some nutrient value and wait a bit to see if the craving persists.

If the craving persists, your choice!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not forgoing nutritious foods for your main meals, OP, some sugar at the end of the day or for a little snack is fine. If you're staying within your goals, and you're getting your nutrient needs met? Live a little.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    las07s wrote: »
    Sorry, friends! I came into this conversation late and saw a video of a cute little girl snapping her fingers. I quoted it with +10000. I didn't realize this person was being "modded"? (new word for me). I sincerely just liked his video. I thought she was adorable. :weary:

That never happened. I don't know what you're talking about.

• Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like how people are like, "A little sugar is fine!" No, OP is saying she eats a ton of sugar. And so do I. And that's fine as long as we're within our goals.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I like how people are like, "A little sugar is fine!" No, OP is saying she eats a ton of sugar. And so do I. And that's fine as long as we're within our goals.

please find the quote where op said she eats "a ton of sugar"....
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @Jackie0Marie There can be consequences to sugary foods.
    n91if8t0p6ix.gif
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Where did she say that? This is exactly what she said, and I don't think she's been back since.
    I've found recently that I am really craving sugar! I stay well within my calories but it's mainly sweet snacks such as marshmallows and biscuits. Anyone else have this problem and what I can do to stop it lol

Also did this thread get shut down for a while? What happened? The peeps finally fought back, didn't they @tincanonastring ?

• Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Where did she say that? This is exactly what she said, and I don't think she's been back since.
    I've found recently that I am really craving sugar! I stay well within my calories but it's mainly sweet snacks such as marshmallows and biscuits. Anyone else have this problem and what I can do to stop it lol

Also did this thread get shut down for a while? What happened? The peeps finally fought back, didn't they @tincanonastring ?

Yeah I wouldn't go as far as a 'ton' of sugar, let's call it 45-50 % of my daily calories which I think is a lot but I am having proper meals too. I'm not having biscuits for dinner , I'm new to this so I'm not sure about my thread being shut down or anything : / I appreciate everyone's feedback on this though so thanks
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I have no recollection of those events, Mr. Senator.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    No she did not...
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    No she did not...

I mean, 45-50% IS a lot. She said regarding her calories that "it's mainly sweet snacks such as marshmallows and biscuits." Maybe I'm just thinking everyone is me, lol. I might have read it wrong, too.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    1 ton of sugar is 907,184 grams, which works out to about 3,628,738 calories. Yeah, you might want to cut back.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    1 ton of sugar is 907,184 grams, which works out to about 3,628,738 calories. Yeah, you might want to cut back.

Hey...IIFYM...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »

Hey...IIFYM...
    If that fits your macros, chances are your protein requirements could depopulate a state's wildlife population.