Anybody still eat cupcakes?

Options
I'm missing chocolate cakes... cupcakes with frosting. I've been at this for 2 weeks now and for me I am trying to eat healthier for the rest of my life, so I do not see it as a diet. But I am a serious food lover and enjoy baking - and eating what I bake. Is there anybody out there that still eat some of their favourite 'naughty' food and still lose weight? Cheers mi dears :D

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I prefer donuts.
  • EenieJay
    EenieJay Posts: 3
    Options
    oh my yes. i had to have a blackhawks cupcake the other day. i had to. so yummy and so worth it! i just scraped off most of the buttercream icing so i'd just have a little taste!
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    hellz yeah
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am eating a Boston Cream Donut as I type!! I do factor it in to my daily calories and just make sure i stay within my calorie limit.
    i'm all about NOT depriving myself. So if you know you need a treat every now and then , go for it. Just be honest and record it!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Um, Yes? I don't not let myself eat something because it's considered bad. Ever. EVER. I just make a sacrifice somewhere else. If I want the cupcake I don't drink the wine and eat the cheese I treat myself to every night later.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    yes. I eat. food all day, 4 times a day, avocados, cheese,meats, fruits, veggies, butter...and I even have a slice of pizza or a cookie now and again. I can tell you that in the last 6 months I have "lost it" only a handful of times where eating something unhealthy turned into a caloric binge. Three things happened on those occasions. 1. I got sick and 2. I got disappointed. 3. I learned. Now I do this, I dont keep junk in the house, thats like asking a two year old to keep her hands out of the cookie jar. I eat clean almost ALL the time so that when someone shows up with a treat that makes my mouth water I CAN partake without throwing off my whole day/week etc. And finally two Really important things: Plan ahead and never get too hungry. Its about portions. Its about nutrition. The better the food the better I feel. Am I never going to eat chocolate cake again, hell no! I love chocolate and since I eat so good and work out so much by gonnit Ima have a piece now and again! Cheers! :)
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I make cupcakes pretty often and I just eat one and move on with my day. Depending on the type I make, they are usually around 200 to 300 calories so I just budget for that calorie wise so I don't feel guilty or go over on my calories. There's nothing that says you can't have treats every now and then. :)
  • MarineVeteran
    Options
    Some people have to cut the sweets out totally because they cannot control themselves. I track everything with MFP, even when I drink a beer or two or whatever. Long as you watch what your intake is.... MODERATION is key, then you will be fine.

I love sheet cake, by the way :bigsmile:
  • zumarouli
    zumarouli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really get what you are saying! For me, you don't have to stop eating anything because this way you'll probably end up eating all the cupcakes you haven't been eating in one day! you can keep eating your homemade cupcakes just eat less and since you are the one who is making them you can find many ways to get the same result with less calories! Tip:eat one, and give the rest to family and friends! :wink:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Anyone who actually likes themselves, yes.

My diary is full of ice cream, pop tarts, and fast food.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No, buy only because I don't like having my cake pre-portioned. I'll cut my own slice than you very much.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

perfectly said!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Only if they are from here: https://www.cravecupcakes.com/

I eat a couple of those a month. Last week I had a Margarita cupcake. It was awesome. :flowerforyou:

Eat a cupcake!
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    Of course! It's fun to find out ways to make them healthier - applesauce instead of butter, avocado instead of butter for the icing, GF mix, make your cupcake a work of art!
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this is well encouraging. Real people eating real food. I guess it is about portion control too. Like have 1 cupcake not 3. A slice of cake not half the cake!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I bake them and eat them...made brownies yesterday...yum. Check out www.101cookbooks.com - there's some healthier baking options. But go for it - it's a great way to motivate yourself to earn some calories on the treadmill!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate cupcake yesterday...with frosting and sprinkles. It was good.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The secret of success is moderation - if you ban things totally that's all you can think about. I also love food and cooking. I ate too much and my weight crept up and now I've shed the excess pounds doing the 5:2 fast diet. I've found it pretty easy, although it does require some will-power and a bit of adjustment as for 2 non-consecutive days a week you 'fast' with just 500 calories but the rest of the time you can eat normally. Nothing is banned (you can enjoy your cupcakes!) and there are no special diet foods or strange supplements. Just eat healthy foods and enjoy your treats.

I've never been into diets but decided to try 5:2 having read about the health benefits of fasting and it has worked for me. There is a 5:2 Group on mfp with loads of people sharing their experiences and offering support and ideas if you think it might be for you.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Yes. Just not on a daily, or even weekly basis like I used to. 30lbs gone