Anybody still eat cupcakes?

Options

Replies

• MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I do once in a while and the odd time a doughnut. I figure life is way too short but consume in moderation. :wink:
  • Danagirl28
    Danagirl28 Posts: 21
    Options
    I do it all the time... chocolate chips daily. As for the cupcakes.... make the mini ones, and use a lower-cal recipe for frosting. Then, only eat one. It will give you the taste you want, in a smaller portion, and not blow your calories! :-)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    JuwKW.gif

What was the question again??

They are like kryptonite. I only eat them every so awesome, but when I do, watch out :-)

That's f*ckin' awesome....
  • blackeraser
    Options
    Im a sucker for cupcakes
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

I had fish and chips just last night and I had a cupcake last weekend I believe. You can still eat what you love. If it's a food that you can't leave along, like cupcakes for example, don't bake a dozen or two and force yourself to maintain infinite willpower against them. Instead, go out and buy one, bring it home and enjoy it. When it's gone, you've both satisfied yourself and removed unnecessary temptation to have another, and another, and another, etc. At least that's what I have to do with any sweet baked good.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Same as what everyboy else seems to be saying - I totally still eat my treats and favorite foods. I just keep an eye on the portions and try not to go too crazy.

As disgusting as it is...I'll totally admit it. I LOVE McDonald's - so last night, I had a 4pc chicken nugget Happy Meal for dinner :) I actually came in under my calories, and because I've been eating much more filling foods in general lately, I was actually very content with the teeny portion.

The one thing I just can't do anymore, though, is bake a whole cake - I love my baking lol If I make a 4-layer red velvet cake, I probably will eat the whole thing by myself. So I'll either bake it, have a slice or two and take it to my boyfriend's house. Or I'll make an individual serving in a mini casserole dish. The other thing I've done a few times, is make a "3-2-1 cake":

Box of angel food cake mix, box of chocolate cake mix. Combine both in a ziploc bag and shake to mix well.
    Add 3 tbs of mix to a mug, 2 tbs water - mix and microwave for 1 minute. I'll top it with berries and fat-free whipped cream :) mmmm...
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I have had cake and a cupcake about three times in the last 18 months. But I can assure you had many many more than my share prior to losing my excess fat and adopting my healthy new lifestyle at age 53 - 18 months ago.

I think my body only tolerates so much of certain things. I used up all my margaritas at age 35, and all my processed sugary carbs at age 53. So if you do them in moderation, I think you get to enjoy them throughout your life.. for me, I got all my share earlier.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mm6r9g2YWs1qz4rgp.gif

that's how i felt during the last 5 minutes of the finale of Lost.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I eat all foods. If it can fit into my calorie goal and I hit my macros, I go for it!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to eat cupcakes their going to be GOOD cupcakes. I'm not wasting the calories on crap.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yes! I make them for my kids (of course lol) so I eat some too, including the mixture. I make them maybe once every 6 weeks. It's my son's 4th birthday on Sunday and I'll be making a cake and eating some!

If you're generally eating healthily and working out a lot, then I don't think some cake now and again does any harm.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Only if they are from here: https://www.cravecupcakes.com/

I eat a couple of those a month. Last week I had a Margarita cupcake. It was awesome. :flowerforyou:

Eat a cupcake!

Or here!

http://www.tamicakes.net/Cupcakes.html
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    iifmm
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Hell yes.

I live near a really good bakery (Cupcake, they won Cupcake Wars/Champions) so I have to make a hole in my macros some days to fit one of those babies in. Om nom nom.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yep - had cupcakes on Wednesday as a matter of fact. Yum!
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Im doing a low carb/high protein/sugar free plan (in 4th week now) but I have treated myself 3 times in 4 weeks with a snocone, a small piece of cheesecake and a pretty large beer. (albeit the cheesecake made me sick on my stomach as soon as i ate it but..). Ive lost 13.2 lbs in these 4 weeks

Have the cupcake goodness!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    PIZZA..
    and french fries.
    I still eat pizza every couple of weeks but i've trimmed the fries down to once a month - although until yesterday (medium fry from mcD) i hadnt ate french fries in about 2 months. THat's a record for me!

It's okay to enjoy..
    .its just all about moderation.
    If your body craves sugary sweets, eat less of them. Youre body will adapt quicker than you think and you wont crave them so much.
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Funny...i don't crave anything sweet (use to)..now if i have a craving it's for savory...like chips with garlic dip..go figure!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten one yesterday while visiting my Mom at the nursing home, but they were for the residents only. Soooo, I watched as Mom ate hers. It was a sad moment...for me, not for her. She was quite happy.