Anybody still eat cupcakes?

Options

Replies

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    JuwKW.gif

What was the question again??

They are like kryptonite. I only eat them every so awesome, but when I do, watch out :-)
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Every now and then. Had 2 last week. A mint chocolate chip and a chocolate coconut cream from a gourmet cupcake place in town. YUM.
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Total elimination of any food you love is a sure road to failure and other than pop, there is nothing I still don't eat in moderation. I'd probably qualify as a chocolate addict, but rather than give up totally, I keep some dark chocolate on hand and treat myself to a square or two every couple days, which keeps me from binging. Lost 57 pounds first time around, have taken off another 8 as of this morning.
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    Yep! I have something of that sort every day. Cupcake or ice cream or a piece of cake. This is what makes is do-able for me!!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the replies, so forgive me if I am repeating what others have said:
    YUP, eat cupcakes. I ate cupcakes and other yummy stuff, and lost 40lbs.

1) Bake your own mini cupcakes... make your own frosting. Enjoy it. This way you know what's in your cupcakes. And mini-cupcakes are more about portion control. I also sometimes make them with "healthier options" as in meringue frosting rather than buttercream. Cook Yourself Thin has some options that are a bit healthier-- with grated veggies in them instead of some of the fats.

2) Take 3 bites of dessert. Don't wolf it down. Usually the first few bites taste the best. Enjoy those. When you aren't enjoying the dessert anymore, walk away from it. It's hard the first time to do it, but much easier to walk away after that.

This is about lifestyle choices. Make choices you can follow for the rest of your life.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Give up cupcakes, donuts, ice cream and cake?!?!? Don't think I could do that! :sad:
    I've lost weight, haven't given up anything, and I refuse to do so! I just eat smaller portions and move on.
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yup, just had one...some sort of chocolate oreo-cookie brownie hybrid thing that was absolutely delicious. And I'll probably be having a few tomorrow (baking them for a BBQ/potluck I'm going to) and another on Sunday. Still losing weight and I eat healthier foods most of the time so it's all good!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mm6r9g2YWs1qz4rgp.gif
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I eat cupcakes all the time! I also eat any/everything else I want and enjoy. I just make sure I plan for it. Like tonight...my fiancé is going to hang with some friends for awhile so I am going to take advantage of the quiet *me* time after my kiddo goes to bed and have a bottle of wine. I'm eating light during the day today so I can do that without feeling guilty. Losing weight is all about willpower and planning.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I won't go out and buy sweets for myself as a general rule. But if I'm at a party, shower, wedding, etc. and there are sweets there I'll have a moderate portion. There's no way I'm going to go through the rest of my life without cupcakes. ::shudder::
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Have u ever seen this about the professor and his 27lbs weight loss on strictly twinkles

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

I have treats on my cheat days, maybe more when I am screwing up but for me the whole just practice portion control affects me negatively. I just feel so much better when I eat healthy regularly. But I suffer from depression and I know a healthy diet helps with that.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep, all the time. I just work out a lot to ensure it stays off. I try not to focus on the daily numbers and focus more on weekly numbers. That allows me "cheat" meals. Besides, it's not about denial... it's about moderation...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

Hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese?! I :heart: you.

This is one of my favorites from Georgetown Cupcake.

95956_4063.jpg
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I too allow myself to eat the things I like (cake, cookies, pizza, pasta, wings, etc. ) but just not all the time. It's called LIFE. Those foods are going to be around and you will be exposed to them. Enjoy them from time to time but don't let it throw you off. I've found, from past experiences, that the more I deny myself of them, the more I crave them and binge on them. This time around, I have worked really hard at changing my mindset and realizing that I don't have to do away with those foods and can still be successful. I think my ticker would agree....123.8 lbs lost in 11 months and still eating the foods I love, in moderation of course!!! I also log everything, no matter how bad it is and work out a little more before and/or after to make up for the extra calories. So i say....ENJOY your food and your LIFE!!
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hate to admit, but I absolutely despise cupcakes. The frosting is so terribly sweet. The actual cupcake itself is generally too sugary for me too. I also hate donuts. If I am eating a sweet, I will usually go for a cookie and maybe eat half. Brownies maybe if they're dry and cold. I'd much rather go for a giant burrito. Apparently I didn't inherent a sweet tooth.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no
  • totallymeh
    Options
    I sometimes bake flour-less chocolate cake. It's so sugary but gosh, it's so yummy. I also love nutella on white bread.

I think treats should be allowed. I know if I didn't have my little taste of desert most evening I would go crazy and sort of binge on junk food.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese.

UzOw4Y6.gif
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this is well encouraging. Real people eating real food. I guess it is about portion control too. Like have 1 cupcake not 3. A slice of cake not half the cake!

Exactly. If I thought I could never have cupcakes (or bake) again - I would have been done with this the first month. Knowing I can have them sometimes I can keep going.