Would you take it back?

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Oh, the woman who bought the box knew the ring was in there.

Come on, would YOU buy any kind of box/bag from a yard sale without looking inside?

Hell, I stop at yard sales etc. JUST to look into boxes and purses for hidden treasure.

She placed it under the pillow of the box. I'm sure she opened it but she probably didn't think to pull up the pillow. Not everyone goes to yard sales looking for expensive stuff that is stashed in what's being sold and even if I did pull up the pillow and see a big honkin' diamond in the box I'd say "Excuse me but I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to sell this with it."
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I would take it back because I am not a guiltless piece of crap.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    personally I would just cause all the grief this dude will be dealing with four the rest of his life.

Though I don't think the woman has to give it back, cause she lucked out.

Like when I see an electronics website mislist a 70 inch smart TV for 170 instead of 1700, you bet your sweet as$ I will put in an order for 5 of them before they notice it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Their insurance should cover the monetary loss, but that's not why you should return it.

Its not yours. It wasn't intended to be yours. Keep the watch you paid for and return the ring.

No reward needed, but since its their mistake they should do the driving to come pick it up.

They stated in the interview that it was not insured, therefore insurance would not cover the monetary loss.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    A real marriage should not be based off of material possessions!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I would give the ring back and ask any "reward" be given to a charity of my chosing.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Oh, the woman who bought the box knew the ring was in there.

Come on, would YOU buy any kind of box/bag from a yard sale without looking inside?

Hell, I stop at yard sales etc. JUST to look into boxes and purses for hidden treasure.

so you would take advantage of this situation.

like a "snooze you lose kinda thing"?

A big shiny ring? I'd bring that to the dude's attention on finding it. There'd never be a need to return it because I'd never take it. I'm just nosey and like to poke around in people's stuff.

Also, I would never pay $10.00 for a watch box. How fancy was this box that it was worth $10.00 used at a yard sale??

And another thing: Who the hell holds/participates in a yard sale while their wife is in the hospital having a baby? Maybe he lost the ring and made up a story?
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Of course I would give it back. It's a sentimental wedding ring for Christ sake!
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    I would give the ring back and ask any "reward" be given to a charity of my chosing.
    Getting a gift card to a dept store and spending the money there is not charity. lol j/k
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I would return it for sure!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why in the REAL world things never get returned, wallets are always missing any cash when found etc, yet on the INTERNET everyone is a do good'er.

Interesting.
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Their insurance should cover the monetary loss, but that's not why you should return it.

Its not yours. It wasn't intended to be yours. Keep the watch you paid for and return the ring.

No reward needed, but since its their mistake they should do the driving to come pick it up.

They stated in the interview that it was not insured, therefore insurance would not cover the monetary loss.

Who buys a 23K ring and doesn't insure it ??? :huh:
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I WOULD return it. Though there would be a part of my brain saying "man they owned a $23,000 single piece of jewelry, EFF them".

But if you don't return it Karma will rape you up the *kitten*

^^^ THIS^^^
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Home owners should still cover it. We had luggage stolen in Miami and made a claim under our insurance and they covered it. NO item in the bag was insured.
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    And another thing: Who the hell holds/participates in a yard sale while their wife is in the hospital having a baby? Maybe he lost the ring and made up a story?

Exactly what I was thinking and why did the woman go thru so much trouble to hide a ring in her own house? Are they trying to get some publicity so some high end jewelry store will offer to "replace it" out of the kindness of their (advertising) hearts?
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/23k-wedding-ring-accidentally-sold-5-returned-owner-164013702.html?vp=1

She got the ring back.

I would've done the same. It's the sentimental value that such a ring holds rather than just the cost of the thing.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    return it. asap. it's 'golden rule' here or GET OFF THIS PLANET
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why in the REAL world things never get returned, wallets are always missing any cash when found etc, yet on the INTERNET everyone is a do good'er.

Interesting.

Funny story. I found a wallet last summer while walking down the street. It had $20.00, bank card, credit card, transit pass and ALL of this poor girl's ID (birth certificate Social insurance number, everything). It took me damn near a week to track her down, I finally found her on facebook and exchanged PM's with her boyfriend. Turns out she worked at one of the grocery stores I frequent and I was able to return it. Fully intact.

It's not just on the interwebs that people are honest.

I'm pretty sure the people that wouldn't give it back just aren't commenting- No one who is that much of an *kitten* wants to admit it.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    I would take the reward money and give it to the charity to help bring the Enron corporation back.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would not be able to live with myself if I didn't return it. Might wear it around the house for an hour or so and dream though!! Lol