Would you take it back?

Options

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I'd take it back and tell them to keep the reward. I would think of it as I wanted to buy the box, and bought the box. For me, that's the only thing that belongs to me, and obviously the ring has a deep emotional attachment to them. What kind of d-bag would withhold or try to profit off of someone else's emotions?
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I'd return it. No one would intentionally sell a wedding ring for $10. She should have mentioned where she put it!!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I would take it back.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I'd take it back and tell them to keep the reward. I would think of it as I wanted to buy the box, and bought the box. For me, that's the only thing that belongs to me, and obviously the ring has a deep emotional attachment to them. What kind of d-bag would withhold or try to profit off of someone else's emotions?

I like this right here.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why in the REAL world things never get returned, wallets are always missing any cash when found etc, yet on the INTERNET everyone is a do good'er.

Interesting.

What's interesting is how you presume to know what everyone in the REAL world does (Do the caps make it more real?). There's an existence full of other people outside of your perception big guy.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    TAKE IT BACK!!!! How terrible for them to have accidently sold it!! The person who has it would get some seriously bad karma for not bringing it back too!!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I would take it back.

If it were my ring, i would be devastated. I'm getting my grandmothers wedding rings, and it's a family heirloom.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    And another thing: Who the hell holds/participates in a yard sale while their wife is in the hospital having a baby? Maybe he lost the ring and made up a story?

Exactly what I was thinking and why did the woman go thru so much trouble to hide a ring in her own house? Are they trying to get some publicity so some high end jewelry store will offer to "replace it" out of the kindness of their (advertising) hearts?

We periodically have people come into our home for various services (cleaning, repairs) and I always hide my jewelry. My step mothers engagement ring was stolen when she was staying with her parents. It was there in the morning, the cleaning crew came through the house, it wasn't there in the evening. She called the owner to report the theft and the owner basically said it didn't happen because she couldn't prove that it happened. Her parents refused to file an insurance claim because her dad didn't want his premiums to go up. Poof, no more ring, no compensation. Therefore, I always hide mine.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why in the REAL world things never get returned, wallets are always missing any cash when found etc, yet on the INTERNET everyone is a do good'er.

Interesting.

Funny story. I found a wallet last summer while walking down the street. It had $20.00, bank card, credit card, transit pass and ALL of this poor girl's ID (birth certificate Social insurance number, everything). It took me damn near a week to track her down, I finally found her on facebook and exchanged PM's with her boyfriend. Turns out she worked at one of the grocery stores I frequent and I was able to return it. Fully intact.

It's not just on the interwebs that people are honest.

I'm pretty sure the people that wouldn't give it back just aren't commenting- No one who is that much of an *kitten* wants to admit it.

Not to be a one upper but I lost a wallet with $400 of cash in it.
    It was returned nearly 2 weeks later. Drove nearly 45 minutes to my old house (hadn't yet changed my address on my drivers license) to return it.

They found me because the wife worked at the bank that I used, and they got my phone number through the bank.
    I gave them $50 for helping me out.

PRETTY AMAZING STORY IMO
  • KristysLosing
    Options

Interesting.

Funny story. I found a wallet last summer while walking down the street. It had $20.00, bank card, credit card, transit pass and ALL of this poor girl's ID (birth certificate Social insurance number, everything). It took me damn near a week to track her down, I finally found her on facebook and exchanged PM's with her boyfriend. Turns out she worked at one of the grocery stores I frequent and I was able to return it. Fully intact.

It's not just on the interwebs that people are honest.

I'm pretty sure the people that wouldn't give it back just aren't commenting- No one who is that much of an *kitten* wants to admit it.

My husband left his wallet in work pants and sent them off to br cleaned. No cash in it. Came back with everything but his debit card. Stupid SOB...do you think we didn't cancel it??
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Interesting.

Lol I was reading all these comments thinkin the same EXCACT thing.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I saw this on the news. This happened near me. I hope she gets it back, but sadly, I doubt she will.

If I had it, I would return it just for the good jiu-jiu.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video but I'm calling BS on the whole story. A couple, young enough to be having kids, she has a $23k ring and they are participating in a community garage sale. On top of all that, she's in the hospital for 4 days (either the kid was not healthy or the mother had some issues because even a c-section is less than 4 days stay), if your wife is in the hospital for 4 days after childbirth, you aren't thinking about selling a few old items to raise a little cash. Oh, and he has an empty watch box? If he's buying his wife 23k wedding rings he's got plenty of watches to put in that box. Oh yea, and one more thing...for some reason they don't have insurance??? Good thing that lady only bought the "empty" watch box 'cause if she had tripped in the driveway and knocked herself silly she would have owned the whole house and all it's contents not just the box and ring 'cause she would have sued the s--- out of them and they don't have insurance.

This whole thing stinks.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Interesting.

Dude, there are plenty of good people out there. Not everyone steals.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I would return it. I likely wouldn't take the "small reward" either unless I like reeeeally needed the money at that time.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Their insurance should cover the monetary loss, but that's not why you should return it.

Its not yours. It wasn't intended to be yours. Keep the watch you paid for and return the ring.

No reward needed, but since its their mistake they should do the driving to come pick it up.

They stated in the interview that it was not insured, therefore insurance would not cover the monetary loss.

How are they smart enough to afford a $23k ring and stupid enough not to have it insured?
    I changed my mind. They are too stupid and irresponsible to own property like this. :bigsmile:

Life is tough. Its a lot tougher when you're stupid. :noway:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Their insurance should cover the monetary loss, but that's not why you should return it.

Its not yours. It wasn't intended to be yours. Keep the watch you paid for and return the ring.

No reward needed, but since its their mistake they should do the driving to come pick it up.

They stated in the interview that it was not insured, therefore insurance would not cover the monetary loss.

How are they smart enough to afford a $23k ring and stupid enough not to have it insured?
    I changed my mind. They are too stupid and irresponsible to own property like this. :bigsmile:

Life is tough. Its a lot tougher when you're stupid. :noway:

Riders on your insurance can be really, really expensive.

Like I stated before home owners would cover it regardless if there's a rider for it.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE! You are a sick and selfish if you wouldn't.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I would return it. Easily.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Nope I have been ripped off by to many old people and that would be my lucky day haha. But I would add onto it and wear it proudly as a c*ck ring and would be like haayy baby look at my shawing bling lol :laugh:

If a woman's ring fits around your winkie and can work as a **** ring no wonder you need some embellishment.