If MFP Started Charging Fees

Options

Replies

• barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I very much doubt it. I hope they just continue to get their money from ads.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    it does depend on how much they would charge, whether i could get the food database for free, and if they would add any features.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If they offered a cleaner food database, or additional calorie tracking methods than NEAT right out of the box, then I'd consider it.

This. Also if they fixed the recipe section, so that I don't have to search and re-enter a food item when I just want to change the quantity.

Here, Here. i agree
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I'd put the money towards getting a personalized nutritional analysis by an expert or buy a sophisticated nutritional database.

I do appreciate what MFP offers, however.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I'd go. Fast. (And I'm fitter now so i could go faster :laugh: )
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I MIGHT consider a one time fee, probably not though. I've been in maintenance over a year now so I pretty much know what to do and what not to do. Also, I have another source of daily accountability with my weight.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    99% no, 1% yes if they seriously made the food database more reliable.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lv990p3Ns01r6aoq4o1_250.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Only if they put me in charge of who gets to participate in the forums and who has to keep their mouths shut.

I like you

This site is far too full of bugs to get away with charging for the service.
  • JDySart777
    Options
    I'd go. Fast. (And I'm fitter now so i could go faster :laugh: )
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FierceFox81
    Options
    Nope. I'd just keep track of it on my phone in a notes page or something. There are plenty of sites to get nutritional information from . It's just convenient to have it on here, but not impossible to do it some place else. I wouldn't pay. For the additional support, once again plenty of other sites for that.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I was a user of several FREE Fantasy Football sites which originally were free. Once they started charging, I left. They no longer exist now.

I believe MFP is even less popular (by number of active accounts) than fantasy sport sites. SO, if MFP went pay to use, it would be shut down shortly thereafter. Thinking about it in these terms makes me not hate the ads that much. Yeah, they are annoying, but if thats what keeps the site up and running then im alright with them.
  • ruthwt
    ruthwt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd be gone. I'd find another place to track. I have a fitbit, so I could just track there.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider them a Pal, that's for sure.

This cracked me up! I loved it!

I would not pay either...I would go elsewhere, even though I really like the site!
  • TarHeelChick64
    TarHeelChick64 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd deactivate.
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If it was a reasonable one-time fee, yes, I would pay, but I don't like when apps have recurring fees so if it was a recurring fee, probably not.
  • SCSURaynmann
    SCSURaynmann Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    An annual fee would be OK I guess. I could stomach maybe $25/year, but I would have to insist on being able to share my recipes directly with my friends. And I want my friends to be able to access that info on their own via the diary.
  • JDySart777
    Options
    If it meant I didn't have to see pizza hut and McDonald's ads every time I log in then, yes, I'd consider it.... but more likely I'd just find another free app to use instead.

I thought that i was the only one that got annoyed by those ads too....LOL
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way. MFP must be worthwhile to those who run it because it has been around so long. Its an excellent tool. But there is give and take. The member contribution shouldn't be underestimated to the sites success. MFP provides a free service and members attract members that keep it going. The site gives me the tools to know exactly how much I need to eat and how exercise contributes to my personal success, but honestly I have learned so much from reading the posts and seeing others success, that is what keeps me motivated to continue using the tools. I truly appreciate this free service and I have clicked on some of the ads, as many appear to be geared to my web searches. I would not pay a fee. I would look for the next best thing for free.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I might even welcome it as an occasion to quit. I'm tired of scrolling through silly posts about starvation mode and how lifting heavy is the panacea for everyone regardless of his or her body shape and goals. I'm tired of reading posts by people who think that standing is exercise and who ask if they such-and-such a food "counts" when everything obviously counts.