Breakfast

Options

Replies

• campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I'm home I have Quaker Old Fashioned oatmeal with raisins or blueberries for breakfast--fast and easy.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I always eat a bowl of cereal with low calorie milk.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My breakfast staples:
    Yogurt
    Fresh or frozen fruit
    Eggs (usually hard boiled, do a batch ahead of time and leave in fridge)
    Cheerios, Wheetabix or Special K cereal With cashew milk or light vanilla soy milk.
    English muffin with peanut butter.
    Cottage cheese

All of above goes with coffee.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I always seem to struggle with what to eat first thing. As long as coffee goes with it, any suggestions?

If you're not hungry in the morning then you don't have to eat, meal/calorie timing is a preference thing and nothing more :) I don't usually eat before noon and that works well for me.

Otherwise if you're looking for quick and easy-Greek yogurt is a good one. You can add granola, oats or ground flax seed in it too.
  • ProfessorPupil
    ProfessorPupil Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Personally, I make a green smoothie for breakfast. It is fast, it is easy to "eat" if you're not feeling hungry, and it gives me absurd amounts of energy. An example of this would be 2 handfuls of greens (I rotate greens, but could be spinach, parsley, chard, mizuna, kale, etc..), one tomato, one mini cucumber, sometimes part of an avocado for reducing froth/adding fat, and some sort of fruit. I usually go for sweeter fruits like banana, pineapple, grapes..
  • ProfessorPupil
    ProfessorPupil Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry and want food I can actually chew, then my staple breakfast is two blocks of original shredded wheat (not sweetened) with almond milk, berries, nuts and honey. (berries and nuts rotate for variety sake)
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I really like making breakfast wraps. My current favorites are 2 eggs, black beans, spinach, shredded cheese and salsa. The other is 2 eggs, spinach, feta cheese and hot sauce.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I wake at 3 and don't eat until around 10ish, so sometimes it's breakfast foods, (oats with nuts and fresh fruit or eggs with meat and cheese), sometimes its more a brunch type snack, (hummus with pita's and grilled chicken etc). It doesn't matter what you eat, so eat what you like.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfasts:

An egg sandwich (1 egg + 1 egg white, cheese, center cut bacon) on toast or an English muffin.

Greek yogurt with berries and granola.

Shredded wheat with berries and milk.

A granny smith apple with cheddar cheese (or peanut butter) and a glass of milk.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It is super quick because you're just heating the potatoes up. In a nice hot pan I can have breakfast ready in 5-7 minutes. The 2 eggs(140), potato(70), butter(51), fruit(pear, 57), and benefiber(15) is usually around 330 calories, give or take a few calories depending on which fruit I have.

Those must be some tiny pears and potatoes..

I weigh out the food. 100g for the pear, and 95g for the potato. I'm just using what the database is giving me.

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I do a chocolate Premier Protein shake from Costco 160 calories and 30 grams of protein and one ounce of walnuts. Sometimes I add a piece of fruit with that depends upon what I have in the house. Fills me up. It's easy to eat in the car on the way to work and it help me reach my high protein goals.
  • AmandALR2602
    AmandALR2602 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Been shopping today and stocked up with a few of the suggested items like Greek yoghurt, muffins and pitta breads for quick and easy through the week. Def having eggs and lean bacon tomorrow though as a Sunday treat. I know someone suggested pre cooking the scrambled egg the night before so might try that as well for a weekday (never thought of it before )
    Thanks for all the replies. Really helps keep you focused when there's so much support.
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I always seem to struggle with what to eat first thing. As long as coffee goes with it, any suggestions?

During the week Porridge with Skimmed milk and good coffee

At the weekend, well this morning I had 2 97% meat sausages, 2 medium poached eggs, 3 rashers of smoked back bacon and half an avocado

and good coffee

• AmandALR2602
    AmandALR2602 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Love porridge. Just with loads of syrup in it :/
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    jonnybhoy wrote: »

During the week Porridge with Skimmed milk and good coffee

At the weekend, well this morning I had 2 97% meat sausages, 2 medium poached eggs, 3 rashers of smoked back bacon and half an avocado

and good coffee

Oatmeal is ok, and very good for fiber, but I really like making a bigger dent in my protein and fat macros in the morning.
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Love porridge. Just with loads of syrup in it :/

I hated it 10 years ago but taught myself to like it plain no hassle

and super cheap
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    No problem at all. I eat really everything i like

Here this mornings breakfast.....yummieee for 170 calories ( lower than usual but wanted a bit of everything and it turned out that way)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Burn-With-Barn/1389663661362874?fref=nf