Calorie Counting Question

Options
13»

Replies

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Your typical day of eating looks healthy. And if it fits into your calorie allotment, you are doing really well already.
  • jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank You!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Thank You !! Such great information here. My goal is to be at 175-180 by July 17th, currently at 204. I think i can do it.

Why are you rushing this? As I stated before, you're going to be losing both fat and muscle eating the amount you are. And with exercise, that makes your net calories even lower. Aim for the 2100 so you can lose in a healthy manner.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    I'm not rushing, but i'm confident that i could hit my goal. I started at 214 and am now at 204 and been dieting and exercising for 25 days. My goal is to be at 180 by that date, so that's roughly 20 more pounds in over a month. That's doable while still maintaining a healthy diet is it not?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure losing 24 pounds in a month is gonna be possible. Maybe if you went on that show Naked and Afraid. :)

.....but they don't eat anything for 21 days straight.

What is happening on July 17th?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »

What is happening on July 17th?

Yeah I want to know, too! Was going to ask.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    I'm actually just going on a small getaway with some friends want to look my best lol. Everyone here has been of such great help in assisting me with what i need. Thank You to everyone!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm not rushing, but i'm confident that i could hit my goal. I started at 214 and am now at 204 and been dieting and exercising for 25 days. My goal is to be at 180 by that date, so that's roughly 20 more pounds in over a month. That's doable while still maintaining a healthy diet is it not?

Two pounds a week is the maximum healthy rate of loss, and even that amount is typically only recommended for this who are morbidly obese. You're aiming for four pounds a week. Crash diets like this can lead to extreme fatigue to where you won't have the energy to work out, hair loss, weakened organs, and other health problems. Is all of that worth it to you?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

20 pounds in a month - or thereabouts? Not even close. Eight pounds maybe.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Even 15 would be okay for me, and i think i can do it.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Even 15 would be okay for me, and i think i can do it.

Ya. But you will look funny without an arm or a leg. Whichever you choose to cut off. If you think you can lose more than three pounds per month you need some serious weight loss edgeumacation.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Thanks bro.