So I see this guy jogging on the street at 1:30 AM

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I would like to petition the courts to seal this under the "Mind Your Business Act" of 2009.

Seriously, why on earth would it shock you? Is 1:30 am not a good time to go jogging? What IS a a good time?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I personally think that is crazy, what do you think?

i personally think he's making the time necessary to stay fit and get some exercise.

good on him. clearly he's not of the "wahhhhhhh i dont have time to exercise" mindset.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    was he wearing gloves and a mask and holding a TV over his head?

BWAHAHA he was like 60

gangster
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I used to work till 2:00 AM and had to get a walk/jog outside at around 3 AM. What of it? Its peaceful, quiet and relaxing. If you thought it was weird to jog at 1:30 AM, you'd think of me as crazy if I tell you I used to jog at 3 AM in Michigan while it was snowing or raining outside with slippery roads. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I often go for midnight walks here in Cali and often went for 2:00am walks in Michigan during the winters. I prefer walking at night because it is more peaceful.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I really wish I cared.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If he feels safe doing it. I know I wouldn't. Then again that would require me being AWAKE at that time as well!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Not everyone works 9-5 and can exercise at 'regular' times....it's a big wide world out there after all....we don't all live the same lifestyle.

I get it, but it just shocked me, come on...1:30 am I get working out at the gym that early, but jogging outside...now I have seen everything. lol

I think you need to do some traveling if this is what you think.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Not everyone works 9-5 and can exercise at 'regular' times....it's a big wide world out there after all....we don't all live the same lifestyle.

I get it, but it just shocked me, come on...1:30 am I get working out at the gym that early, but jogging outside...now I have seen everything. lol

Doubt it. In my old neighborhood we had a kid who was crazy and he went and sat on his kitchen stove butt naked while it was burning. Even after seeing that I can't say I've seen everything.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I personally think that is crazy, what do you think?

Batman
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    This is around the time I usually leave my friends house if I am leaving early. Leaving my friends house at around 4 am is leaving late for me. So I see no problem with someone running, jogging, or walking between 1 am and 2 am.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I had a job that I got off around midnight...I often jogged or cycled in the wee hours of the morning...for me and my schedule it was no different than someone getting off at 5 PM and hitting the gym at 6. I'd workout and then have "dinner" and hit the rack around 4 AM or so and get up at noon for classes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness you wrote this down so this amazing tale of weirdness won't be lost to future generations. You should call Ripley's.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    what are you doing that you are watching joggers at 1:30 am....

geting off work and passed him on my way home... just shocked me, never seen it before

ok...so you are up....why is it so abnormal that he would be up....
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

I use to play at a soccer league we played from 2-4 am outside. When I worked midday shift I use to jog and then workout from 3am to 5am.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I usually spend a few weeks in Vegas during the summer. I see people jogging outside between 1am and 4am all the time.

Curious, why is it ok for you to be up and about at 1:30am but odd for others?
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Breh, stop watching me jergging on the street.
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    was he wearing gloves and a mask and holding a TV over his head?

My thoughts exactly :laugh:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If he feels safe doing it. I know I wouldn't. Then again that would require me being AWAKE at that time as well!

My neighborhood I would have no issues running at night, but then again I'm a tall guy and doubt I look good enough to attract attention.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Breh, stop watching me jergging on the street.

suddenly I understand how they came up with the name Jergens....

and how it became the standby for all intense manual situations of the stimulant nature.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    252510.jpg