Mother Nature...

Options
Is a cruel and senseless beast.

Woke up today feeling as fat as a hippo, spotty and in pain. So I had an extra breakfast biscuit.

That's just how I roll.

Anyone got any comfort food ideas that make you feel awesome when you feel poop? Recipes would also be appreciated. I wanna feel speshul.

;)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I tend not to feel poop .. because that would be icky and smelly and get under your nails

I wish mine would come ... long drawn out PMT is not fun .. well not for those around me if you see what I mean

eat chocolate .. I have no recipe but it seems to solve many issues

drink red wine .. again see above

(actually honestly I like big carb feasts when I'm feeling yucky .. so risotto .. you want a recipe? )
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I tend not to feel poop .. because that would be icky and smelly and get under your nails

I wish mine would come ... long drawn out PMT is not fun .. well not for those around me if you see what I mean

eat chocolate .. I have no recipe but it seems to solve many issues

drink red wine .. again see above

(actually honestly I like big carb feasts when I'm feeling yucky .. so risotto .. you want a recipe? )

Oh god yes! I am making that lemon tart this weekend. You're like my very own Mary Berry but much younger and much hotter :lol:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese. Really cheesy mac and cheese. With butter. (I'm feeling pretty piggy myself today, can you tell?)

Or.. Or.. Or! Really poofy chocolate chip cookies. Slightly crispy on the outside, gooey and chocolatey on the inside. Like these:
    2821zx5hfxda.jpg

Or... Buttermilk biscuits. With real butter. And some shredded cheddar thrown in.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Butternut squash risotto

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13012/simple-squash-risotto for the steps

BUT I adjust the ingredients to

1 butternut squash
    2 tsp light olive oil (I use chilli infused oil) ... I add it just before the rice goes in
    1200ml vegetable stock - I sometimes use chicken, makes no difference
    1 small onion, finely chopped - dry fry in a little water in a big non-stick pan
    2 celery stick, finely chopped
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 bay leaf
    dried thyme (cos it's what I have .. probably about 2 tsp)
    250g risotto rice ... it's half a pack so makes it easier
    seasoning to taste

Make sure the squash you roast is charred a little - I also season this really well and spray with fry light before popping in oven

I eat it over salad leaves (watercress, spinach and rocket for the bitterness) - 350g .. really filling and has that weight on your stomach feel that you sometimes need in winter / and with PMT

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Chocolate (most any sweet) works for me.

My fave recipe:
    1. Get chocolate
    2. Open mouth
    3. Insert chocolate
    4. ?????
    5. PROFIT

selena-and-the-chocolate-o.gif
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling like poop , but I never eat my emotions or attach said emotions to fuel. That way leads to the dark side :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hey you're a dude you have no clue what TOM is like.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    markiend wrote: »
    Sorry you're feeling like poop , but I never eat my emotions or attach said emotions to fuel. That way leads to the dark side :)

OMG you are so going to get roasted for that

sits back

with chocolate-coated popcorn
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Tex-Mex. Also, habanero salsa that makes my eyes water just from smelling it.
    I attach emotions to fuel, though not purposefully. The dishes we make for Thanksgiving and Christmas, as well as the preparation of said dishes, evoke emotions, for example.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, all of the chocolate. Ice cream? Oh and strangely...porridge!
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered chocolate with chocolate sprinkles and hot chocolate :D
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    oh my lord i FINALLY got my little friend today after waiting 6 weeks of PMS for it -- i got no recipes but i did take mine off the milk carton~~

I can't work out what this means .. can someone explain for the geographically-other please
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

... You forgot chocolate. o:)
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options

OMG you are so going to get roasted for that

sits back

with chocolate-coated popcorn

i used to get sent out late at night for mars ice creams or to whip up a batch of my oatmeal and raisin cookies, only to get bashed a week later when the scales appeared.

I have also been called a moron by other girlfriends for having food on tap every month or so

can't win... which is why I suggested perhaps not giving in :P

hate mail box is empty still at the moment :)

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    oh my lord i FINALLY got my little friend today after waiting 6 weeks of PMS for it -- i got no recipes but i did take mine off the milk carton~~

I can't work out what this means .. can someone explain for the geographically-other please
    They used to put pictures of missing kids on milk cartons here. "Have You Seen Me..."

• zyxst
    Options

Sometimes, I wish I could be like you and not enjoy food.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Sausages, mash and onion gravy. Or chicken curry.

This is also good and is really simple to prepare:

jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/farfalle-with-carbonara-and-spring-peas/
  • zyxst
    Options

... You forgot chocolate. o:)
    cream-drink-hot-chocolate-mug-saucer-Favim.com-114642.jpg

Only problem is not burning my mouth drinking the hot chocolate before the cup melts.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Eton Mess for pudding (which is also simple and quick to prepare.)