Mother Nature...

Options

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sigh... I'm NOT eating my emotions. I'm on my period not mourning the loss of a pet.

I just wanted something nice to eat that would make me feel a bit better. :lol:
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sigh... I'm NOT eating my emotions. I'm on my period not mourning the loss of a pet.

Well put.

I desire comfort food whenever I'm feeling bleh - like with a minor cold, or a headache. TOM is no different. I woke up today feeling that x2 since I think I have a sinus issue going on and I'm PMS'ing. I'm going to allow myself a SkinnyCow ice cream sandwich. It's not eating for emotions - it's just finding small comfort in a little something when life is just generally being uncomfortable.

I'm not sure that it needs to be treated as though one is "eating their emotions." If I were eating my emotions, I'd go get a 1200 calorie burrito from Chipotle and a frozen custard from Ted Drewes that probably doubles that. Instead, I'm treating myself with an in-goal, 150 calorie sweet. There's nothing wrong with that.

Edit: I can't English before coffee
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If I have pmt and I'm going to be eating an emotion, it better be feckin chocolate covered

Oh and menstruation symptoms are hormonal not emotional so if I was the type to be offended I would be

I'm not though so kindly expect low-flying sarcasm
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If I have pmt and I'm going to be eating an emotion, it better be feckin chocolate covered

Oh and menstruation symptoms are hormonal not emotional so if I was the type to be offended I would be

I'm not though so kindly expect low-flying sarcasm

535023_361771417229332_942293464_n.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options

Do you like pizza? I hear it's what to eat to get your period.
    22200-M-m-Chocolate-Pizza.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    markiend wrote: »
    Sorry you're feeling like poop , but I never eat my emotions or attach said emotions to fuel. That way leads to the dark side :)

For you ladies hating on this statement - I get premenstrual food cravings (although they were much less this month due to a variety of changes I made), and I sometimes get premenstrual blues, but they are two different issues for me. I've found that exercise helps with the blues better than food, or antidepressants for that matter.

For me, not eating emotions was indeed key to developing a healthy relationship with food. I'm overweight now due to not eating mindfully, rather than eating emotions. This makes it easier to lose weight, as I just switched over to eating mindfully via MFP.

("Not eating emotions" encompasses more than just premenstrual blues - I'm not at all saying exercise is a quick fix for this entire issue.)

markiend made a valid point - let's not dismiss it just because he doesn't have a uterus. Medicating with food is not just an issue premenstrually, or for women only.

I was miffed at him because he believes hormonal eating = emotional eating and, for me, it doesn't. It's nice that you don't have problems with using food to deal with emotional upsets, but like OP said, she just wanted recipes/ideas for comfort foods others eat while TOM is around.

Something else I really liked was freshly baked bread, cool enough to scarf down, but warm enough to melt whatever you put on it. Haven't had any in a long time.
    ar133547018252975.jpg
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Something else I really liked was freshly baked bread, cool enough to scarf down, but warm enough to melt whatever you put on it. Haven't had any in a long time.
    ar133547018252975.jpg

Ugh - this. When I can't get any chocolate, and there's no plain, white frosting around, bakery bread is my weakness. I don't even need butter. Just give it to me soft and a little warm and I could cuddle up and sleep with it.
    Options

Do you like pizza? I hear it's what to eat to get your period.
    22200-M-m-Chocolate-Pizza.jpg

If you bring me this pizza... I will let you have half!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    that looks wonderful...

I could use a cinnamon bun right now
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I'm hungry, I want every picture that you ladies have posted!! I don't even have a uterus anymore and my mouth is still watering as if my TOM is coming.. I know it's not (hallejuah) and I am done with periods the rest of my life... now if I could just kick this junk food addiction. :kissing_heart:
  • rockintyler
    rockintyler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to have days eating a little "junk" food like all you have mentioned. If not I'll just go back to my old habits. Tonight I plan on have a few brewskis and a good burger w/ fries from a bar. Probably gonna eat over maintenance, but it'll be soooo worth it!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    My plan is to never have TOM again. I'll take my pills until my uterus falls out, thank you very much.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    My plan is to never have TOM again. I'll take my pills until my uterus falls out, thank you very much.

:D
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm a mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy kind of girl. When I ate dairy, it was Nutella, with a spoon. I have since discovered Biscoff. B) I no longer get my monthlies, but I still have my ovaries, so the hormonal surges are still there. :s
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    markiend wrote: »
    Sorry you're feeling like poop , but I never eat my emotions or attach said emotions to fuel. That way leads to the dark side :)

tumblr_n6nunehJOZ1rmvfheo1_500.gif

Any excuse to use this gif.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Same issue right now. Day before and first day Suck. I want nothing but sweets and fried food, mmmm fried chicken. After that I'm fine but I feel bad afterwards that I caved.

Super proud I ate in at maintance level for it this time.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    oh my lord i FINALLY got my little friend today after waiting 6 weeks of PMS for it -- i got no recipes but i did take mine off the milk carton~~

I can't work out what this means .. can someone explain for the geographically-other please

I think she means her period was late so she took her period off the milk carton when it showed up (like the missing children).
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    A good steak, don't eat or crave a lot of red meat but when I PMS, watch out! Beef jerky will suffice too if steak is not available. That and a Coke Slurpee from 7-11 for dinner.
    I never liked chocolate growing up (I liked gummy bears and fruity candies) and I never understood the whole chocolate thing until I hit puberty. Now I understand...very much.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

That's why I got the mirena. I still get some of the pms symptoms but no TOM.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Chocolate covered chocolate with chocolate sprinkles and hot chocolate :D

... You forgot chocolate. o:)
    cream-drink-hot-chocolate-mug-saucer-Favim.com-114642.jpg

Only problem is not burning my mouth drinking the hot chocolate before the cup melts.

That looks so good right now.

Me, I don't mind TOM, it's the week before that's horrible (ok... 2 weeks sometimes) and I want to eat all the carbs. But not sweets. Salty carbs. Brioche is an exception (I've eaten 800 calories of brioche those days). But pizza and pasta, definitely. Or a good hot hoggie with sausage and peppers.