Yes, this is GROSS but can POO SWAPPING become an answer to our ''fat battle prayers''???

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've heard of fecal transplants being used to treat C. Dif, and I wouldn't even want it for that. I'd have to be unconscious for them to even try it. As far as weight loss, I find diet and exercise to be far easier.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    YHjfwGt.gif

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    zpq1v9ioy5b0.jpg

I don't want anyone's poop anywhere near me, nor will I be offering up my poop to anyone else.

Oh, I will. If anyone wants my poop, it's yours for the low, low price of 9.99, plus shipping. Free local delivery!

I think there are already businesses where you can have poop delivered to people's doors...except it's cow poop, and you usually do it to someone you don't like.
    Lol! I would never waste money on something like that when it could be given to people who need it, BUT it's kind of funny to think about. A little crazy, but funny. :)

Haha, I'd also wonder how legal that is...and those poor mailmen/FedEx drivers!

I asked at the Post Office today.

Mailing poo is not allowed. Kinda figured, but now I got it from the horse's mouth. :)

haha well obviously they won't let you mail it if you ASK them
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    We can change our own gut flora the things we eat. Taking prebiotics and probiotics and eating lots of organic vegetables are helpful. And certainly not forcing our bodies to digest loads and loads of food would help too, no? Why would you swap poo with someone? Why not just adopt a healthy lifestyle?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130528180900.htm
  • arachnofobia7
    arachnofobia7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    I've come across this idea some time ago and here is a link that sheds some light on the concept:

http://www.emaxhealth.com/8782/thin-people-poop-may-become-obesity-cure

Before the debate starts and I get accused of spreading some ''woo science'' around, I want to assure you that I follow the classic principle of CICO along with moderate but regular and consistent exercise regime. I am more than happy with results and I am not going to change much (though I think I should start lifting:))
    HOWEVER - I always wondered, how comes that two siblings, following the same diet with similar activity level can be remotely different in terms of weight. For some time I was attached to the theory of ''body types'' which made sense to me, but as soon as I had mentioned it here I got told off:)

I'm sure that all of you know people who seem to be eating a lot but stay skinny and vice versa - the others ( like myself) keep absorbing fat from air :)))

This is how I came across that theory that it might be due to more or less ''efficient'' bacterias living in our guts and swapping them over could solve our ''fat issues'' forever???

Have you heard of it? What do you think? Any professionals out there with some scientific/medical background to support/discredit the idea???

you first mention "body types" and the fact that you were "told off"

probably because the entire concept is a complete falsehood

and bacteria or not, CICO is still CICO, sorry to burst your bubble :neutral:

Hey ho:) by no means there is nothing to burst! Right at the beginning I've pointed out that I follow the CICO concept and I'm more than happy with the results.

I can sign with both hands to that idea, but at the same time, since I'm rather curious person and even though I know that Earth is round I will go and try to find out why. It's nice to share ideas with likeminded people. Sharing ideas isn't equal to following them. It's a way to get nurtured and broaden horizons as long as one has open mind and tons of questions :smile:

Also there was no need to cite something that I had already admitted as false :neutral:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    I've come across this idea some time ago and here is a link that sheds some light on the concept:

http://www.emaxhealth.com/8782/thin-people-poop-may-become-obesity-cure

Before the debate starts and I get accused of spreading some ''woo science'' around, I want to assure you that I follow the classic principle of CICO along with moderate but regular and consistent exercise regime. I am more than happy with results and I am not going to change much (though I think I should start lifting:))
    HOWEVER - I always wondered, how comes that two siblings, following the same diet with similar activity level can be remotely different in terms of weight. For some time I was attached to the theory of ''body types'' which made sense to me, but as soon as I had mentioned it here I got told off:)

I'm sure that all of you know people who seem to be eating a lot but stay skinny and vice versa - the others ( like myself) keep absorbing fat from air :)))

This is how I came across that theory that it might be due to more or less ''efficient'' bacterias living in our guts and swapping them over could solve our ''fat issues'' forever???

Have you heard of it? What do you think? Any professionals out there with some scientific/medical background to support/discredit the idea???

you first mention "body types" and the fact that you were "told off"

probably because the entire concept is a complete falsehood

and bacteria or not, CICO is still CICO, sorry to burst your bubble :neutral:

Hey ho:) by no means there is nothing to burst! Right at the beginning I've pointed out that I follow the CICO concept and I'm more than happy with the results.

I can sign with both hands to that idea, but at the same time, since I'm rather curious person and even though I know that Earth is round I will go and try to find out why. It's nice to share ideas with likeminded people. Sharing ideas isn't equal to following them. It's a way to get nurtured and broaden horizons as long as one has open mind and tons of questions :smile:

Also there was no need to cite something that I had already admitted as false :neutral:

I share ideas about delicious recipes and nice places to go for vacation. I'm curious to know why the sky is blue, why they put tags on mattresses, and what happened to the Mayans.

But this? This is just one of those things I could've went to the grave not knowing.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    faithyang wrote: »
    Have any of you seen the movie called 'The Human Centipede'? I was never the same again. Have PTSD.

I have some really weird desire to watch this when I'm wasted. I understand the concept of it- and it TOTALLY grosses me out.

Like a train wreck- still want to watch.

I've seen it. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Kind of stupid and corny. Like a really twisted Sharknado type of movie.

Yes, it's gross, but it was just dumb. And I'm not too big on scary movies - Paranormal Activity kept me awake for days.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    The only way I will ever consider a poop transplant is if I'm knocked on my @ss by a crippling C. diff infection that won't respond to conventional treatments.

For weight loss, I'll rely on CICO.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think its an interesting concept. The science following gut flora is finding interesting behavioral changes as well. Something about the excretions of bad bacteria poisoning our neurons. Some are theorizing that our foods contribute to our gut health and in turn can manipulate our thoughts and action. The mentally ill, autism and those going on mass murder sprees all just eating the wrong foods and overrun by bad bacteria, huh.
    I am an open-minded person and will watch on the sidelines as new studies come out. As for having one of these transpooings, only if medically necessary.
  • FatPixiee
    FatPixiee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know someone who had to do that. I don't know what their condition is, but they had to get some of their husbands poop transplanted into their body, their colon I guess, to try and promote the growth of good bacteria. I don't think it worked very well though. I guess it might technically be beneficial for weight loss, but um, not much chance realistically, no.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    We can change our own gut flora the things we eat. Taking prebiotics and probiotics and eating lots of organic vegetables are helpful. And certainly not forcing our bodies to digest loads and loads of food would help too, no? Why would you swap poo with someone? Why not just adopt a healthy lifestyle?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130528180900.htm

when I was a kid my mother had me take probiotics every single day

now I just take sugar pills instead

much cheaper
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Aside from the obvious EW HELL NO THANK YOU, I had one other random thought occur to me as I read the posts in this thread... if you have actual gut fauna? You've got more problems than a poop transplant could solve.

(not meaning to pick on the other user, I just have a weird sense of humor and the visual struck me funny)
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bacteria in the gut will change based on your diet. Change your diet, change your gut bacteria. It's really that simple. Skinny people don't have magic bacteria, they just eat different.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Not even a 25oz Lemon-Ade-Rita could make me reconsider this as a good idea.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure how to respond to this.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Aside from the obvious EW HELL NO THANK YOU, I had one other random thought occur to me as I read the posts in this thread... if you have actual gut fauna? You've got more problems than a poop transplant could solve.

(not meaning to pick on the other user, I just have a weird sense of humor and the visual struck me funny)

WHY AM I POOPING RACCONS AND DEER?

IS THAT A SQUIRREL?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

IS THAT A SQUIRREL?

Make them cartoon characters for extra lols.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

IS THAT A SQUIRREL?

Make them cartoon characters for extra lols.

I tried to find a relevant picture/gif to insert here, but all I found was this:

SQPOOP_2.jpg