How do I break up with chocolate?

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm going to try them all and see what works best for me!

Unfortunately this now means she's eating 5 bars a days of dark caocao...
    tumblr_lpo24w5ZJw1qhhh2k.gif
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Just eat chocolate!
  • syndeo
    syndeo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to break up with something so tasty, and good for you, and helps keep you skinny?
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Trying to resist chocolate is futile. But if you have too... just use your will power. There's no other way around it. Or, resolve yourself to accept that you need to eat chocolate everyday (like I did), and find a way to work it into your calories or get yourself extra calories to fit it in. Good luck! I'll have a death by chocolate ice cream with extra hot fudge, chocolate jimmies... do I want a double chocolate brownie with that? yup! LOL :smile:
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I will not give up chocolate. However, I do eat it in different forms. Fiber One 90 calorie chocolate bar, chocolate protein shake with bananas & strawberries. Hershey kisses or nuggets are nice since they are small quantities. And getting off the chocolate subject, sometimes it works if you kick in something different but still sweet. Honey drizzled on toast for drizzle on lightly salted rice cake (which to me taste like Honey Smack cereal). Apple butter on bread or saltines.

Try having little chocolate and something else that is sweet. See if it kicks that craving of wanting more chocolate.
  • MichaelCraig2015
    MichaelCraig2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    By txt
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Find a kind of treat that you really, really enjoy and work on incorporating that into your days.

I'm slowly working my way through a tremendous chocolate stash and it's making me realize some of the stuff I would buy is just okay and not worth spending calories on. This means I won't bother buying it again and will instead buy things that are delicious and not just things to satisfy the craving.

For me, dove and hershey dark chocolates work nicely if I want chocolate but don't have many calories left for a treat. I think the dove ones are 35 calories, and I can always work that in.

You don't necessarily have to cut it out completely. I sometimes will for a couple weeks to "reset" my sweet tooth if I've been over-indulging, but otherwise I always work in a treat at the end of the day :)

~Lyssa
  • palmettoadventurer
    palmettoadventurer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Delete it from your phone, block it on social media, and don't answer its drunk dials.
  • karina23ortiz
    karina23ortiz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    i crave it way too much

You don't have to break up with it. You can still go on a date with it on occasion. :)
    This
  • evelyngomez_xo
    evelyngomez_xo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't even eat 5 bars or regular chocolate a day, so no that's not going to happen. But I might just make it a Sunday thing. Workout all week? Logged all week? Are good all week? The I deserve a chocolate Sunday! :)
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    you don't break up with chocolate you just eat it a little less and make sure it fits within your days goals. i love chocolate.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Okay if you two break up....I didn't know how to tell you that chocolate and I have been going out for a little while.
    In fact chocolate stopped by earlier today.
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I used to eat way too much chocolate and what has worked for me is not having it in the house. I allow a treat one day a week and I go out to get it so that it is not in the house tempting me the other 6 days of the week.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Don't do it by email!
  • evelyngomez_xo
    evelyngomez_xo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to eat way too much chocolate and what has worked for me is not having it in the house. I allow a treat one day a week and I go out to get it so that it is not in the house tempting me the other 6 days of the week.
    Thank you! I am trying this
  • ronrhoda
    ronrhoda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey if you don't eat it, you will end up on a binge with it! I eat/cheat with ice cream. But I stay order my calories every day. Lots of exercise too! You can do it!!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm going to try them all and see what works best for me!

Unfortunately this now means she's eating 5 bars a days of dark caocao...
    tumblr_lpo24w5ZJw1qhhh2k.gif

Yeah, it leaves less calories for pizza. :)