Honest opinions please

Options
124»

Replies

• GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Even if you weighed 140, it's not a bad thing. 125/140 (or 120/150) whatever the scale says you look the same to everyone, and you look great. Some women have problem tummies. You can build in strength training if you really want to, but sweetie you're beautiful
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Agree with the ones who say lift if you arent satisfied. I think you look fine but if you wnat more shape, then lifting would be a better and healthier choice than losing any more. People are notoriously poor at guessing so pay no attention to 140 woman its ridiculous that you do and kin of you get 19 your fine and then pay atention to the one who says different.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I agree with the posters who say don't worry about what the scale says--I get very caught up in that too. For some reason I weigh a whole heck of a lot more than I look like at 5'1" and it bothers me. I look fine but mentally I have a tough time with knowing that I weigh the same as my friend who is 5 inches taller than me.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    mqmomma wrote: »
    How do I get my stomach to look my scale weight?

Since the one lady said I do look 140.

This question doesn't even make sense.
    o8tqq9o77n1s.jpg

like if i ask you how much do i look like i weigh here without telling you my height, you're probably not going to get anywhere near how much i weigh in this picture

edit: i'm almost 170 pounds in this picture
  • reeves45
    reeves45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look Even smaller than 125.
  • mqmomma
    mqmomma Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just want to show off your body.

Huh? No! I have this mental image of what 122 should look like and that's not what I see when I look into a mirror.

I just wanted to know if I should lose more weight or what exactly I should do at my body type.

This post has been a complete mess from the beginning.

Sorry.
  • mqmomma
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Looks like you just want to show off your body.

She might want to. Sure. What a random comment.

Well, there are people who post pictures of themselves just for attention or to fish for compliments, but in my opinion, I don't think that's the case with this one. I think she was more unnerved by one inaccurate comment. No one should be commenting on someone's weight anyway, and when it isn't what you want to hear (or know it's not accurate) it can throw you off a bit. That's my take on it anyway.

But she specifically asked for people to comment on her weight. Unfortunately, you are putting yourself out there to hear things you may not want to, but that is the risk you take when you ask for people's honest opinions.

The fact that it only took one comment to unnerve shows a lack of self esteem; OP, i agree (from experience) with everyone who says try lifting weights. I am similar to you, i carry all my weight in that area, and i have really noticed a difference since i started lifting.

I wasn't even unnerved?

I simply said I think I look 140 and was wanting opinions on if I should lose more weight or weight lift or so nothing.
  • mqmomma
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    OP, has it been a long time since you were at a similar weight? I think that you may just have a skewed view of what 12X looks like at your height. I know that for me it is hard to imagine what certain weights look like at my height. I went from very thin late teens/early twenties to overweight mid twenties and thirties and didn't spend enough time at a healthy weight to really create a memory of what I looked like at that point. So when I started losing weight I really had no idea what I would end up looking like when I got to my goal weight or even near it.

Yes. I haven't been under 125 in years.

Last time was 2001 pre kid.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. You look around 125to me. But if your unhappy with the way you look, maybe look into a lifting program. Google strong lifts or nrolfw.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale does not account for muscle, bone density, water weight, etc. If you feel your belly is too much, you need to continue with fat loss and perhaps gain some muscle. You can do both with weight lifting while eating at maintenance or under for more fat loss. Keep your protein at about 100 grams per day to prevent muscle loss while losing weight. And keep the loss target at 1lb or less per week.

Spot reducing won't work, weight loss occurs from wherever the body decides to take it from. Generally spread out from all areas, and leaving last from the place where you gain most easily (yay, thanks for nothing, Body).
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    :D:D:D
    mumc4q5ixws2.jpg
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Looks can be very deceiving in terms of trying to guess someone's weight. Bone structure, height, proportions can throw off any guess.

Also, sherm on the dresser can be distracting.

I'm sorry but you're wrong! It isn't that! Good God seriously it's a military blousing strap bag!

OMG that's too funny, the joke is on us. I agree with the others that say to start lifting to reduce body fat and build muscle.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Do you seriously have weed on your dresser? LOL

Anyways, i don't know how tall you are. But if you're unhappy, why not lose more?

No, she doesn't need to lose more.

OP, you seem to have a distorted perception of yourself. I suggest talking with a professional.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    For all you people who took my post and turned it into a bag of weed.

Seriously?

It's a military blousing strap package. You put them around the bottom of the pants of a uniform to tuck them into your boot.

Thanks for the laugh.

For those who cared to answer my question I am 5'1.

h51pv6zll70m.jpg

That's funny. :D I needed a chuckle.