Feel frustrated!

Options
really frustrated with not losing.. My calorie goal is 1390 per day.. Can anyone suggest a good menu? As clearly what I'm doing is wrong.. Macros were set by MFP at 50% carbs 30% fat and 20% protein but I don't think this is right for me :/ help!!!!!

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Do you weigh all your food on a food scale? So not using cups/spoons or serving sizes
    And how long aren't you losing weight?
    How much do you have to lose?
    Do you exercise?

You can eat everything you want ( if no medical issues of course) as long as you eat less than you burn.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • CBR500
    CBR500 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I weight everything.. And have 50lbs to lose :(
  • CBR500
    Options
    CBR500 wrote: »

Have opened it
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options

Have opened it

You've only logged your food for the last 12 days. Are you really weighing out your cereal to 30gms every morning on a digital scale? Your buns never vary in calories. Bread/buns almost never weigh the same day to day. I've had brands that have slices that weigh 50% more than what is listed as a serving size.

You haven't seen the scale move at all in the last 12 days?
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Don't go by serving sizes
    Weigh ALL your food!
  • CBR500
    Options
    Yes I weigh all my food on a digital
    Scale and no have
    Not lost anything atall and I always buy the same buns and weigh each of them and just cut off until I hit the bar code scanner weight
  • CBR500
    Options
    I also drink 2 litres or more of no added sugar squash everyday
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You eat a lot of packaged food - if you aren't weighing it out you are likely eating more than you think. By weight, 8 biscuits could be the calories of 10 biscuits on the serving size. How big is a slice of ham? Are the bread rolls identical?

Weigh everything!
  • CBR500
    Options
    I honestly think is 50% carbs.. Seems too much and only 12 days as that is when I started
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    What is "no added sugar squash?"
  • CBR500
    Options
    Cordial
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Have you checked your entries to make sure they're accurate? I haven't found the bar code scanner to be helpful... Most of the recommendations I get for foods when using it are wrong.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    When you weigh all your food, how come like 5 slice of ham and buns etc always weigh the same?
    etc

You eat more calories than you think.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you are eating more than you think you are
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    you always use exactly 5 gram of butter...always????? really?
  • CBR500
    Options
    I honestly do weigh everything! I promise you that and I scan barcodes to get the initial calories.. I measure my
    Milk .. I have my Fitbit paired with MFP so should I just not eat extra calories I earn?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I honestly do weigh everything! I promise you that and I scan barcodes to get the initial calories.. I measure my
    Milk .. I have my Fitbit paired with MFP so should I just not eat extra calories I earn?

Scanning barcodes isn't necessarily accurate. Have you checked all the entries you use? Do they have the right information?
  • CBR500
    Options
    Yes I always use 5 g of butter.. I weigh it out before putting it on and I adjust the calories as per the weighed portion that I have.. Feel like your saying I'm lieing!! I'm not! I actually weigh everything and measure my milk.. I prepare what I'm having for the day every morning and only eat what is prepared!
  • CBR500
    Options
    If when I scan it says 100g and Ita a 200g pack I put it down as 2 portions and still weigh it incase the pack weight is wrong! I honestly am