Watching TV...and eating "clean"

Options

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Now I'm wondering what would happen if Ron Jeremy co-hosted a show with Guy Fieri on the Food Network.

About Jersey Diners. *kitten* black hole

Really? I can't say *kitten*? Fine. DB black hole

Triple D-Bag?....I think I could pitch that! ;)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Now I'm wondering what would happen if Ron Jeremy co-hosted a show with Guy Fieri on the Food Network.

The DB cleanse. Better than the Peep cleanse at removing all those Jersey toxins!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »
    Excuse me, but what are you talking about ?

The op was talking about screen time .......and we where talking about the Jersey shore .....
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

Did u see that one about the diner in atco on white horse pike ? I forget which food show it was on but i really didnt understand what all the fuss was over.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Did u see that one about the diner in atco on white horse pike ? I forget which food show it was on but i really didnt understand what all the fuss was over.

No, I'm not a food network fan (I find it dull is all) but I don't think I've been to that diner. I'm from near Newark, different NJ there!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

No, I'm not a food network fan (I find it dull is all) but I don't think I've been to that diner. I'm from near Newark, different NJ there!

Im not a fan either...boring! . It was on at the gym so was stuck watching it ( oh no was that not clean screen time !?!) And wanted to vomit.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

The DB cleanse. Better than the Peep cleanse at removing all those Jersey toxins!

Send me 5 cleanses please
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    I used to like Food Network back in the Good Eats days, but it's all hokey cr*p contest shows now. I hope Alton Brown moves away from them soon, but it looks like he's having too much fun on that show he does these days.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    BILLBRYTAN wrote: »
    Fat metabolism stops after sitting for 6o minutes.

It does not.

Good grief...

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I can't watch food shows. They make me ravenous for things I didn't even know I wanted. :(
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    Hmmm...vegetable oils...I'm craving some japchae now. Imma gonna be back when I'm done nomming.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    You are missing the point somewhat. The real culprit here is sitting. the human body is not designed for sitting and is severely harmed by it. Fat metabolism stops after sitting for 6o minutes. Television has its own set of evils like brainwashing us to believe cholesterol is bad so we can swill industrially manufactured vegetable oils.
    It saddens me that you are a fellow Canadian. :s

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    You are missing the point somewhat. The real culprit here is sitting. the human body is not designed for sitting and is severely harmed by it. Fat metabolism stops after sitting for 6o minutes. Television has its own set of evils like brainwashing us to believe cholesterol is bad so we can swill industrially manufactured vegetable oils.
    It saddens me that you are a fellow Canadian. :s

LOL

It's nice to know you guys have your tin-foil hat wearers, too.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

So what happens during sleep... DO YOU DIE?!?!??
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

So what happens during sleep... DO YOU DIE?!?!??

Only if you sleep sitting up, silly. ;)

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Fat metabolism stops after sitting for 6o minutes.

It does not.

Good grief...
    I'm afraid so. The enzyme required for fat metabolism switches off after 60 minutes of inactivity. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Your body is burning fat while its SLEEPING, which is about as inactive as you can get.

You're just plain wrong.