Options
1212223242527»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Hypsibius wrote: »
    Through my years of dieting I've lost weight "clean", lost weight on processed food, and lost weight eating barely nothing.

I looked the same each time. Eating "clean" is exhausting and expensive 24/7, the only thing positive was that my skin was very clear.

Right now I eat what I want, when I want, but make sure to fill up with veggies, fruit, and whole grains, too. Losing much slower but steady and I never feel deprived. If I want some pop I have my little 8oz glass, if I want candy I eat my candy. All my major meals are balanced. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet, I'm just more mindful of what I put in my mouth.

Smart!

I'm 95% clean-eating while I train right now. I second that it's time-consuming and quite expensive (my staple dinner lately is grilled salmon, quinoa boiled in chicken stock, and mixed veggie stir fries). The health benefits of a diet like that are undeniable, though...

I'm also a single workaholic and can make the decision to spend those resources on always eating high-quality, fresh meats and veggies. If I had other life responsibilities (like most people) it might be more difficult to manage that.
    I think far too often the health benefits of diet are far overestimated while the health benefits of daily exercise are far underestimated...

Now there's a dude who gets it...!

:drinker:

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Hypsibius wrote: »
    Through my years of dieting I've lost weight "clean", lost weight on processed food, and lost weight eating barely nothing.

I looked the same each time. Eating "clean" is exhausting and expensive 24/7, the only thing positive was that my skin was very clear.

Right now I eat what I want, when I want, but make sure to fill up with veggies, fruit, and whole grains, too. Losing much slower but steady and I never feel deprived. If I want some pop I have my little 8oz glass, if I want candy I eat my candy. All my major meals are balanced. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet, I'm just more mindful of what I put in my mouth.

Smart!

I'm 95% clean-eating while I train right now. I second that it's time-consuming and quite expensive (my staple dinner lately is grilled salmon, quinoa boiled in chicken stock, and mixed veggie stir fries). The health benefits of a diet like that are undeniable, though...

I'm also a single workaholic and can make the decision to spend those resources on always eating high-quality, fresh meats and veggies. If I had other life responsibilities (like most people) it might be more difficult to manage that.
    I think far too often the health benefits of diet are far overestimated while the health benefits of daily exercise are far underestimated...

Now there's a dude who gets it...!

:drinker:

Something we can actually agree on.