PIZZA!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Actually, I really really like zucchini boats and they are sooo much easier to prep. Most of us tend to have impulse cravings for pizza and this allows you to make it fast and its super healthy. A zucchini has like 30 calories for the whole thing so the bulk of your calories are on the toppings and sauce. Skim milk cheese really helps keep that down and my meal is usually around 200 cals for a plate full of pizza.

If the zucchini is small, cut them in half, If they are fairly big, cut them in 3rds of 4ths. Note that you might need to eat it with a knife and fork if you cut it more than once.

Bake it at 350 (covered with foil) for 30 minutes then 5 minutes uncovered.
    mwu4tqyu8pwv.jpg

Also, if you don't mind a few extra calories, use flour tortillas for the crust. They are around 80-140 cals. assemble it like a typical pizza BUT make sure you crisp it up for like 5 minutes in the oven before you start it because it will get soggy if you don't. Just bake it until the cheese is melted at whatever heat.
    56rviw80lvb6.jpg

no...but whatever floats your boat...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Actually, I really really like zucchini boats and they are sooo much easier to prep. Most of us tend to have impulse cravings for pizza and this allows you to make it fast and its super healthy. A zucchini has like 30 calories for the whole thing so the bulk of your calories are on the toppings and sauce. Skim milk cheese really helps keep that down and my meal is usually around 200 cals for a plate full of pizza.

If the zucchini is small, cut them in half, If they are fairly big, cut them in 3rds of 4ths. Note that you might need to eat it with a knife and fork if you cut it more than once.

mwu4tqyu8pwv.jpg

Also, if you don't mind a few extra calories, use flour tortillas for the crust. They are around 80-140 cals. assemble it like a typical pizza BUT make sure you crisp it up for like 5 minutes in the oven before you start it because it will get soggy if you don't. Just bake it until the cheese is melted at whatever heat.
    56rviw80lvb6.jpg

That looks delish!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I am now reminded I used to make some kind of red onion, cauli, brocolli, feta or halloumi egg thing and bake it to make slices of actually quite yumminess

must dig out that now it's getting hot again

come on! :( LOLZ

Seriously yeah :grin: ... I likes all da foods

it ain't pizza though .. cos pizza :bigsmile:
    I am now reminded I used to make some kind of red onion, cauli, brocolli, feta or halloumi egg thing and bake it to make slices of actually quite yumminess

must dig out that now it's getting hot again

That sounds yummy. Recipe?

I think it was an adaptation of a paleo recipe like this http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/cauliflower-broccoli-halloumi-fritters/

I think I preferred the feta instead of the halloumi and probably adjusted the proportions and cut out the ghee but I'm more of a 'taste it and see' cook .. I certainly added the onion into it (red onion chopped fine, no pre-cooking)
    DANKE!

• PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options

mwu4tqyu8pwv.jpg

56rviw80lvb6.jpg

I know it's not actual pizza but it curbs those craving without blowing like 1000 cals on a few slices of take out pizza :) stop being so pedantic haha ;)
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I doubt she has cauliflower in that box. She must be on IIFYM.
    i2zlzqt1l37s.jpg
    lg.jpg 172.4K
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but that's not pizza.
  • AbbieBeckett
    AbbieBeckett Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It 100% isn't pizza but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not tasty! Topping things with tomato, meat/veg and cheese is always going to make something good.

I'm sure the OP already KNOWS it's not "real pizza".
    And if you've come on here to just post "no" or "not pizza" then ROUND OF APPLAUSE.
    Some people are on here to find low cal alternatives to high cal food (just because you're not doesn't mean those people are wrong or that you're wrong, we're all here for different reasons).

PS. pizza is my favourite thing ever and I don't accept alternatives. Just sticking up for the guys that do!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I like the cauliflower pizza crust just fine but I've since started making the Zenbelly recipe for gluten free/paleo pizza crust which is phenomenal. Sometimes, though, I still just have to have the real thing and as a once in a while treat that's fine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

mwu4tqyu8pwv.jpg

56rviw80lvb6.jpg

I know it's not actual pizza but it curbs those craving without blowing like 1000 cals on a few slices of take out pizza :) stop being so pedantic haha ;)

I think it's kind of interesting to think about what hits the spot and what doesn't when you are wanting something higher calorie (although pizza can be surprisingly not).

For me, a pizza desire tends to be about the crust in large part, so none of the alternatives would satisfy it, and I do better making (or buying) a pizza with less cheese or other higher calorie toppings or controlling the amount of oil and yet including a real crust of some sort.

If I'm in the mood for more of the cheese and tomato and oregano toppings (and mushrooms and black olives, mmm), and don't much care about the crust, then I'm actually usually going to want to just forego the pizza form all together and put those flavors and ingredients together in another way.

Not at all saying that your approach is wrong; just maybe trying to shed light on why people are seeing this so differently. ;-)