getting over a relationship

124»

Replies

• wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Delete them off facebook, delete their phone number, delete their photos from your phone.

I could not move on until I did this. Any time he contacted me, it brought me back to square one. Trust me, cut him out.

Also i find exercise is a great lift for your mood :)

Definitely this! I also had to take it to a higher level and delete his friends from my life too. Sucks, but they are another connection/reminder you don't need. Good luck!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Maintain your self esteem. Don't have random sexual activity. Your health is number one. Don't have a binge day. Delete the person from all communication and memory devices. Now.... set a goal for your weight... your appearance.... and focus on that. Focus on YOU. Then, when you look like a million bucks, or even in the journey of getting there... get outside. Listen to the birds sing. Enjoy a starlit night. Exercise, Walk. Reorganize your living space to new positions.. Put chairs and tables in a different corner of the room... New actions... New YOU ............................and allow yourself to be happy.... When YOU are happy... you are more attractive.... and Love will be there ...... I guarantee it. ( I am old. < I know these things.).... Love yourself...:flowerforyou:

This.

I met my husband (of 16+yrs) while on the rebound and NOT looking. Matter of fact, I was 1 step away from swearing off men for good. Take time for yourself. Find YOURSELF. When you're ready, the right person WILL appear. It's the way of the universe. ;)
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    I don't know how long you were together but give yourself enough time to heal and really know what you want before you start seriously dating another person. Be good to yourself and don't get bitter and resentful - anger only hurts you.

He wasn't the one - one day "the one" will come along and you'll know it and be grateful for this experience.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    run alot. box, pretend their face is the punching bag lol
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    soooo any know the best way to get over a relationship that doesn't include excessive food and booze?!?!? i need all the help i can get - totally amicable but somehow it still hurts???
    go to the gym and work it out of your system..punching bags are my favorite and second..run away as fast as you can in your running shoes...re-route that pain...good luck!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    lots of sex with random people