Negative feedback on my food diary

Options

Replies

• CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Some people need more motivation than others. Some people actually do NEED to have someone make them feel guilty so they don't do it again! If you are not one of those people, and you do not need help with your Food Diary then go ahead and make it private. To have it public is an open invite for criticizing & congratulating. I doubt that member was trying to be rude, they were just trying to motivate you to think twice before eating that way. One Cheat Day can X out 5 Good days. So I have been told. But if you have the calories from running, I say go for it. Others think differently. If you don't want the hardcore No junk food, no rest days etc etc. Friends then remove them. Hehe. No need to feel bad if you are ok with Cheat Days. Hope this gives you a little bit of a different perspective on those kind of members. Most people on here are just trying to help & that's what I tell myself. Then again, I don't add many people as friends. Hehe But I do have one of those hardcore friends that kick my *kitten* on things here and there. Some things are helpful others make me grumble in her direction but hey, she's just trying to help. <333

I disagree. One 250 cal food item is NOT going to undue the hard work done over the course of several days and months. There is a huge difference between being supportive and being obnoxious. The commenter was being way too petty.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just delete that person from your friends list.

This!!! I WISH someone would comment something negative on my food diary. No one knows what any one person goes through on a single day to make up their food choices. What kind of loser sits around commenting on other people's food choices???
  • randomtai
    Options
    Some people need more motivation than others. Some people actually do NEED to have someone make them feel guilty so they don't do it again! If you are not one of those people, and you do not need help with your Food Diary then go ahead and make it private. To have it public is an open invite for criticizing & congratulating. I doubt that member was trying to be rude, they were just trying to motivate you to think twice before eating that way. One Cheat Day can X out 5 Good days. So I have been told. But if you have the calories from running, I say go for it. Others think differently. If you don't want the hardcore No junk food, no rest days etc etc. Friends then remove them. Hehe. No need to feel bad if you are ok with Cheat Days. Hope this gives you a little bit of a different perspective on those kind of members. Most people on here are just trying to help & that's what I tell myself. Then again, I don't add many people as friends. Hehe But I do have one of those hardcore friends that kick my *kitten* on things here and there. Some things are helpful others make me grumble in her direction but hey, she's just trying to help. <333

WOW! :noway:
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That's part of why I kept my diary private when I was logging calories. I know what I'm doing with my diet, and I refuse to feel guilty about my indulging. I don't find it helpful to have people, without any training or real knowledge, scrutinizing my food choices and offering feedback.

Everyone is here to use different tools that the site offers. The public food diary function isn't one I need.

SAME HERE. My food diary is for my own accountability. I've been maintaining my weight loss for over a year now.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. For me, just like, in the real world, I want the upbeat, as well as the constructive criticism. I am one of these people who is addicted to food. I can very easily b.s. myself, that's why I got so heavy to begin with. I want the truth from people, not just the bubbles and sunshine. That being said, before, I give constructive criticism, I ask the people, do you want my feedback?
  • cwilliams080676
    cwilliams080676 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There's always that one person who has to say stuff. I have them on my list too. You are doing super Friend request me, I don't do that.
  • annaldora
    annaldora Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the person who made the negative comment has NEVER had a cheat or off day! Ummmmm......Yea, right!! Yep, just delete them......Have a wonderful weekend!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just break up...i.e. delete.
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I always keep mine private just for that reason-I always got horrible messages.
    When I would get busy I simply forget to log lunches. Or if I was out and about all day or gone for the weekend I would go back and log what I remembered eating and I would always get awful messages from people screaming at me.
    I got called anorexic, I got accused of LYING once which was just weird, and I got tons of messages telling me the exact calories I should have eaten. I just got sick of it and made everything private.
    I deleted the few that were really mean about it but if someone wrote me with good intentions I felt bad deleting them.
    They were just worried I guess but it made me feel really self conscious about my diary.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    'Watch your fat young lady' is the best one I've had! I was a bit miffed and thought about deleting the offender but I decided against it. I was still under cals and I'd been eating out a lot as we had family staying with us. I decided against it but I was annoyed I felt like I had to explain myself. But that's what you get for having a public diary. I wouldn't make a comment like that but that doesn't stop others. I look at diarys just for ideas so I like to think I'm returning the favour by keeping mine public.

If you are under on your calories and someone thinks you've had too much fat, that person probably doesn't know a whole lot about nutrition and the feedback is mostly useless.

I only ever comment on someone's diary in a critiquing way when they post in the forums seeking help. My friends generally aren't asking for my input simply by completing their diaries.

Everyone is entitled to eat what they want, except my husband, who gets plenty of feedback in the form of the meals I make for him. (kidding, kind of)
  • mel3491
    mel3491 Posts: 31
    Options
    You go girl! You are more likely not to track it if you fear someone will comment and make you feel bad. We have worked hard to get where we are at and you certainly don't need someone you barely know responsible for derailing you!
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options

WOW! :noway:

<3 Just trying to show a different perspective.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    yeah delete someone who is not going to be there, you typically eat healthy so why is it anyone's business if you want to have the occassional treat, this is a life change, you do not have the occasional treat you won't have lifelong success. I am for having friends who give honest feedback but going at someone for one treat in an otherwise healthy plan - screw them.

I do always put a note in my diary on days that are my 'treat' days or days where things have been upside down and my numbers are not what they are normally.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Wow.
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Delete that holier-than-thou "friend". It's My Fitness *Pal*, not the Food Police.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just came from denny's. IT is Fathers Day. I had breakfast with my husband and 2 son's and 1 4 yr old grandson.I loved it. I don't feel bad about it at all!. I am a lucky girl.
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. For me, just like, in the real world, I want the upbeat, as well as the constructive criticism. I am one of these people who is addicted to food. I can very easily b.s. myself, that's why I got so heavy to begin with. I want the truth from people, not just the bubbles and sunshine. That being said, before, I give constructive criticism, I ask the people, do you want my feedback?

To all the "Wow"-zers. Here is someone that is the opposite & needs the motivation. Hehe. Everyone gets motivation to lose weight differently. Everyone takes thier OWN journey to weight loss & getting healthy.

OP- Do it how YOU want to do it. Because in the end it's YOUR journey to make! =) You can do this girl! Take it one day @ a time! <33
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I keep my food diary private as it is only MY business what I eat and how I manage my food intake. I eat enough and I exercise lots. I have lost almost 90 lbs. doing it MY WAY and I will continue to do it that way. I won't feel guilty for having had beer and nachos yesterday...I don't think everyone needs to know what I eat everyday anyway. This is MY journey and I love having great supporters to help me along and I love to support others. I don't even have time to look at everyone's journals everyday. I will only peek in once and awhile to see what other's are eating. Just do what you need to do to make this happen for you. :)
  • randomtai
    Options

To all the "Wow"-zers. Here is someone that is the opposite & needs the motivation. Hehe. Everyone gets motivation to lose weight differently. Everyone takes thier OWN journey to weight loss & getting healthy.

OP- Do it how YOU want to do it. Because in the end it's YOUR journey to make! =) You can do this girl! Take it one day @ a time! <33

There is a difference between constructive criticism that is asked for, and sticking your nose in someone else's business. The latter is what the thread is about. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • TarHeelChick64
    TarHeelChick64 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You have nothing to feel guilty about. This entire week has been a cheat day for me. I just didn't feel like eating healthy. I start out eating sensibly but by the time the afternoon came around I wanted something sugary sweet (pop-tarts, Hershey Kisses, etc.) Luckily, I haven't gained any weight and I know today I will eat healthier and do better.
    Congratulations on losing the 23 pounds, that is fantastic!