Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Scale Stress Syndrome

Replies

• cerise_noircerise_noir Member Posts: 5,479 Member Member Posts: 5,479 Member
    Fantastic post.
    Bumping.
  • MerkavarMerkavar Member, Premium Posts: 3,052 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,052 Member
    Redacted
    edited November 2015
  • purebellspurebells Member, Premium Posts: 83 Member Member, Premium Posts: 83 Member
    Bumping. Such useful information. Have since downloaded Libra :)
  • diannethegeekdiannethegeek Member Posts: 14,777 Member Member Posts: 14,777 Member
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 43,263 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 43,263 Member
  • hunnykinsgirl20hunnykinsgirl20 Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    I used to freak out about it, like this morning I weight one pound more that last week, and I kept with my caloric deficit and my weight training and cardio, when I got on the scale after 8 hours of sleeps, I wasn't shock to see that I was 1 pound heavier, because the night before I was busy doing the day, I ended up hitting my workout after 8pm, that made me eat my post workout meal late. I went to bed 2 hours later. I woke up with last night meal in my belly. I went to the gym this morning came back home weight myself again, I was 2 lbs lighter. You can't trust the scale too much.
  • diannethegeekdiannethegeek Member Posts: 14,777 Member Member Posts: 14,777 Member
  • FrankShabanguFrankShabangu Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Just bumping useful posts. Nothing to see here.
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 43,263 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 43,263 Member
    Had a client the week before weigh in and was 1.5lbs heavier than the previous week. This week's weigh in 2.5lbs less. So the average was still 1lbs a week. Ate and exercised the same both weeks. Needless to say she's happier this week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Zella_11Zella_11 Member Posts: 161 Member Member Posts: 161 Member
    Very useful post!

*bump*
  • reinventingjessica11reinventingjessica11 Member Posts: 33 Member Member Posts: 33 Member
    Needed this post! I'm a recovering scale addict who has suddenly found her way back to daily weighing. I'm trying hard to keep all of this in mind when I see the daily fluctuations.
  • LillylooooLillyloooo Member Posts: 174 Member Member Posts: 174 Member
    Love this x
    I'm just bumping posts. Nothing to see here.
  • Mavrick_RNMavrick_RN Member Posts: 453 Member Member Posts: 453 Member
    Some people can't handle the scale. They "freak out".

Just stop weighing!!! You didn't weigh yourself multiple times a day when you were getting fat, so you've proved you can do it.

Take serial pictures of yourself wearing the same outfit, standing in the same position and see the real changes. That number on the scale is a single point in time, not a reflection of your reality. Like when you pause a TV show the person almost always has some weird expression on their face that you just happened to have caught them in for that instant. That's not what they really look like.

• MaybeLedMaybeLed Member Posts: 513 Member Member Posts: 513 Member
    I've been more or less the same for about 9 days now, it's discouraging but I know I'm still doing everything right so just have to wait for the scale to catch up! :anguished:
  • wrharvillwrharvill Member Posts: 60 Member Member Posts: 60 Member
    I missed this post the first time around... thanks for *bumping* it up!
  • eandashereandasher Member Posts: 25 Member Member Posts: 25 Member