Why am I not losing weight consistently ?

Options
13»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    My mission is to now recreate a graph like that in excel as I don't have a fitbit.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/comptoolsExcel.html
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It looks like you adjust your calories per a wearable device, right?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Akibo23 wrote: »

so you are netting 700 to 800 calories a day? how long have you been doing that for?

Precisely! Been a month now.

you need to net 1200. So if you burn 400, and that is accurate, then you should eat 1600 - 400 = 1200 net. If that is not an accurate estimate then only eat back half.

if you keep netting below 1200 calories then your metabolism is going to slow down, at some point. Adaptive thermogenesis ….

not to mention the stress that puts on the body...raised cortisol levels, etc...all that stress really fecks with your hormones OP...and hormones are what influence your metabolism.
  • Akibo23
    Akibo23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It looks like you adjust your calories per a wearable device, right?

Its a combination. I log in my running and yoga. Steps are counted and calories adjusted by an app called pacer.
  • Akibo23
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

so you are netting 700 to 800 calories a day? how long have you been doing that for?

you need to net 1200. So if you burn 400, and that is accurate, then you should eat 1600 - 400 = 1200 net. If that is not an accurate estimate then only eat back half.

if you keep netting below 1200 calories then your metabolism is going to slow down, at some point. Adaptive thermogenesis ….

not to mention the stress that puts on the body...raised cortisol levels, etc...all that stress really fecks with your hormones OP...and hormones are what influence your metabolism.

Personally, I feel fine with 1000-1200cal a day diet. I sit all day at work and don't feel the need to feed my body when I'm not even hungry :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Personally, I feel fine with 1000-1200cal a day diet. I sit all day at work and don't feel the need to feed my body when I'm not even hungry :)

So that would mean you think you would know when your insides feel less nutrients then is need? Interesting.
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and your protein intake is extremely to low. If you continue doing this, you'll lose all your muscles and just end up " skinny fat "
  • Akibo23
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

So that would mean you think you would know when your insides feel less nutrients then is need? Interesting.

I "think" indeed! But definitely hearing all of you loud and clear will need to cleanup my act and up my intake to match daily needs -exercise included !!
  • Akibo23
    Options
    jrodri0105 wrote: »
    I looked at your diary and your protein intake is extremely to low. If you continue doing this, you'll lose all your muscles and just end up " skinny fat "

True, I am struggling with protein intake !! I will try to put more in as of the coming weeks. .
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I "think" indeed! But definitely hearing all of you loud and clear will need to cleanup my act and up my intake to match daily needs -exercise included !!

If only my insides told me to stop gaining so much excess fat.
  • jjenf1950
    jjenf1950 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My diary is now visible and it would really help me at this point to know what I am doing wrong to not lose weight consistently.

I lost 2 kgs where i hoped to have lost 4 !

Did I miss the memo ?!

Cheers

• jjenf1950
    jjenf1950 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I complete my diary every day and it's says this is the weight you will be in five week but three weeks down the line I am nowhere near it. I guess everyone loses at a different pace.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jjenf1950 wrote: »
    I complete my diary every day and it's says this is the weight you will be in five week but three weeks down the line I am nowhere near it. I guess everyone loses at a different pace.

MFP's "in five weeks" thing is useless. It only applies if you're going to eat at that exact same deficit for the next 34 days in a row. Who lives like that?

A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. Undereating will not get you to goal any more quickly. In fact, it usually leads to bingeing.

And weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you do everything right but maintain—or even gain. Others you lose a whole lot in a "whoosh."

Hands down, the best weight loss advice I ever received was to read the Sexypants post. It helped me lose the weight and maintain for a year: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Logging is simple, but it ain't easy. Logging works.