When the Plate is Just TOO Large to Weigh...

Options
124»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I set a bowl on the scale and then my plate on top of that...solves the problem.
    slaite1 wrote: »
    I can't describe how dumb I feel for never having thought of this...
    Worry not thy mind, fellow MFPer... thou art not alone in said feeling(/response)(/mortification)... and 'twould seem a clarion-like heralding from an oracle atop storm-infested mountains, and issued forth with glowering mange... (?!) ...that though thou lookest higheth and loweth (<-- lo, 'tis a fine spittance of archaic English -meets- lisp, wouldn'st thou sayeth? ;))... there doth not be words enough in nary a language to adequately convey the gall and hovercast pall of said four-letter-word-beginning-with-d that thou darest speak (cover thy lips -- stat! -- and turnest thy gaze hither!)... (good grief, wth did I just say?!)...

...a scouring of the world's vocabulary and expressionistic effluvia would seem to 'elect' the following utterance to serve as 'words in absentia', for this harrowing quandary -- "D'oh!" ;)

...and 'twould seem a slam-dunketh certainticity (<-- a perchance encounter with legitimacy adorned with unnecessary suffixated finery (or so 'twould seem) (lol)) that Annie_01 will be the first MFPer to be awarded a MacArthur Genius Grant... via which she shall henceforth cultivate yet more expanses of unexplored terrain from amidst the MFP landscape's conundra... and reveal yet more 'solutions lying in wait', and for which her fellow MFPers shall summarily feel smh-like exasperated 'of course -itude', laced with relief-laden gratitude... and with an undeniable consequence of such being... that lives will be changed... and the world, at large, will never be the same... (or so sayeth I)...

;)

TL;DR

Verbal diarrhea?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I set a bowl on the scale and then my plate on top of that...solves the problem.

bloody brilliant.