Cottage cheese ideas

Options

Replies

• 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posters....it's cottage cheese and any kind of fruit but my favorite is cc with pineapple tidbits. OMG it's delicious!!!
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just had some today with kalamata olives (chopped) and pepper. So good!
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mix cottage cheese with eggs and scramble. Add salt, pepper, and green onions or whatever you usually have with your scrambled eggs.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Add 1 Tbsp (5g) of Hersheys unsweetened special dark cocoa, and Stevia (or sweetener of choice) to taste to one cup (226g) of cottage cheese. I have this just about every day as an afternoon snack! It's delicious, IMO.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat cottage cheese with fruit! I just can't do it. I only eat it savory. I prefer it with chives, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, red pepper flakes. Then I put it in the fridge for the flavors to open up a bit. My favorite is to eat it with pita chips, or I'll eat it with just a spoon :-)

This sounds delicious.
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Add 1 Tbsp (5g) of Hersheys unsweetened special dark cocoa, and Stevia (or sweetener of choice) to taste to one cup (226g) of cottage cheese. I have this just about every day as an afternoon snack! It's delicious, IMO.

I'm going to try this tomorrow!
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle wth spicy cayanne pepper, diced cucumber.
    Or Sometimes I sprinkle wth dill and add a tsp of chi seeds. I use cottage cheese in place of ricotta in lasagna. & I use plain cottage cheese as salad dressing on occasion. I havnt tried fruit in it yet. Not sure if I could.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Interesting how versatile cottage cheese is...I have never tried it with cocoa or peanut butter.

I will dump a cup into a Lean Cusine spaghetti. Or add seasonings, I have an Asian blend that makes cottage cheese delicious. My favorite is to make a "faux" egg salad, mixing it just like egg salad...yummy!
  • melb950610
    melb950610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and crushed pineapple in it's own juice is yummy. :)

This is my favorite way to eat it.
  • wubz
    wubz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with sliced pickles love it low carb snack ☺
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I put raisins and black pepper in mine...
  • get_rucked
    get_rucked Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The thoughts of mixing cottage cheese with cocoa or peanut butter are squicking me out!

My fave is to use it to top a baked sweet potato with a few scallions or chives :)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    blended with cream (or milk if you prefer), a little s&p and used as a sauce for your steamed veggies.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas! Going to try some myself. Thanks everyone! I (like another poster) use it in my scrambled eggs. I have also mixed it with plain greek yogurt, green onions and black pepper to put over noodles. Yum! Usually let the flavors blend in the fridge for at least a half hour first though...
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I add half a cucumber to my serving of cottage cheese and top it with some minced garlic and pepper. Simple, fast, fillng
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I mix it with bacon bits.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Best thread! Cottage cheese is in my log pretty much every day. I usually put it on top of a toasted cinnamon raisin english muffin or pepperidge farm chocolate chip bread.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Sriracha and dehydrated minced onions (they onions rehydrate by lunch time) for savory.
    Cinnamon and sugar free dry white chocolate pudding mix for sweet.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sriracha and dehydrated minced onions (they onions rehydrate by lunch time) for savory.

This sounds like it would make excellent dip!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Just had my morning snack -- 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese w/ a tbsp of sugar fre jam w/ fiber- 100 cal, 14 g protein, 12 gm carb, 3 gm fiber. Don't have any with me at work, but sometimes have it on top of a cracker or flatbread.