What has been the hardest thing for you to give up?

Options
13»

Replies

• jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @David_2015 nooooo :D for my taste, it's just no good, I'd rather just not have mayo.

But I was practically raised on diet stuff in the 90s and rebelled on gaining my independence ;)
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Probably tortilla chips.

With full-fat sharp cheddar. Mmmmmmmmm
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Laziness
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Candy and cookies would be mine. I don't do well with either. I can't just stop at one or two pieces, I have to have them all.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Presweetened cereal esp. Captain Crunch. I can't do it in moderation. Used to be three bowls at a time. I just can't have it in the house.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a bagel with butter in four months. I could plan around it, but I'm sure I wouldn't be satiated.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Mindless grazing due to boredom has been hard to stop.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Fireball shots with cider beer. Just way too many calories.

I agree that "everything in moderation" isn't for everyone. Anything with a lot of sugar such as cookies or cake I just can't have. They trigger binges. So I don't have them. I also have to be very careful with pasta and rice.
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mindless grazing due to boredom has been hard to stop.

Yep, probably my biggest problem too - especially when I am trying to study. I know I'm not hungry but once that packet is open I just have to keep going till its empty....

So I try not to buy any snack stuff or have any in the house. Some weeks are better than others!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    A lifetime of eating with no regard
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The mentality that I was not capable of eating anything and everything in moderation. I had to give up the fact that it's not a personality trait - just something I hadn't practiced and learned yet.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Only thing I have given up is eating my feelings.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat everything. Thursday nights when I play 3 hours of beach volleyball I seriously eat everything in sight...now that's a killer burn, so I make that my main cheat day. Other days, 20 mins on the step mill and an hour of weights gives me an extra 400-500 calories a day of flexible eating. I usually try to keep my fat under 30% of my nutritionals though.