Brands of Jeans for Big Butts?

Options
I'll be honest, I haven't worn jeans in years. YEARS. I have been a slave to my yoga pants, Victoria secret pants, slacks, and gym shorts. I have lost a good 60+ lbs in the past year and I'm going on week #9 at the gym. The past 9 weeks I have seen the lbs and inches melt off.

I'm still in the 170s, but I'm extremely pear shaped. My chest bones are starting to be visible, my arms are toned but my problem area are my thighs and hips. My measurements are;

Thighs: 24 in
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 37.5 in roughly

And since I just started using a measuring tape, I thought it'd be fun to measure my butt (lol) that number is 45.5 in around.

My biggest problem is finding jeans that will go up past my thighs and not be so tight. Man, I remember when I was 110 lbs and could wear American Eagle pants.. but ill have to admit the yoga pants make my butt look great haha

If any of you awesome ladies could recommend a brand, id be greatful! Thanks

Replies

• singmyheartout4you
    Options
    Sadly, I dont know any but i have the same problem. When I go shopping for jeans, they fit fine up my thighs and can get over my butt, and when I find a pair that does, they are too loose in the legs and wayy to lose in the tummy. I resprted to wearing shorts all the time (even in the winter with tights under) because I was tired of having my assets squished. So just posting to follow this topic :)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Jeans that are good for curvy women are Old Navy Sweetheart Jeans and Gap Boot cut.
  • soulmatesnvrdie
    Options
    Yes, I was just about to say Old Navy Sweetheart style Jeans...I love them and they fit well
  • morgiedoll333
    morgiedoll333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    American Eagle jeans have always accommodated and flattered my big booty. After 1 or 2 wears of "breaking them in", they mold to my shape and I never have to worry about them again.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    *bump* :)
  • rachiepoo91
    rachiepoo91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Actually, the measurement around your hips/booty area is your true hip measurement. I'm 5'3" and in the 170s, and my measurements are close to yours. It is really a struggle to find flattering jeans. Lauren Conrad for Kohl's has some cute jeans, but you might have to go a size over what you're used to. I even found a pair of skinny jeans that don't look awful, and skinny jeans are usually a pear girl's enemy. :)
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I weigh 130, but have big hips and a big butt. I've been wearing Lee Relaxed Riders for years; they are a perfect fit for my shape.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i like the levis and gap curvy brands despite originally boycotting them due to use of not 'curvy' models!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    They're expensive sometimes, but VEROX!!! They're "butt lift" jeans...they're awesome because they give you the room for your butt (not squishing it like some regular jeans do), but are smaller in the waist.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Try New york and company curvy style jeans or torrid has a good selection, but I think their smallest is a 12. Not sure what size you're down to.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    My butt measurement is a rotund 42 inches around and I am dealing with the same issue. I am here for the replies. :smokin:
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Right now, my favorite pair are Tomy Hilfinger. I used to wear Gap curvy, but my waist is pretty small compared to the rest of my body and I found they gapped in the back a bit for me.
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have the same butt measurement and at the present time, I don't wear jeans. I wear cargo, slacks, sweats, anything else. I used to wear baby phat years ago, but I really detest the embellishments. But those were jeans for pears, they were amazing. I still have 2 pairs for when I drop another size... I heard JLO makes them as well, but again they will have embellishments. I think if you go up in price, the jeans get better, I'm just not ready to invest yet.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    Thanks ladies, you all have been a big help. I'm not much for fashion or clothing shopping, I'm definately going to try the Levied, Old Navy and ill look into the vorex as well.

I have no idea what size I am currently, but even at my biggest (size 16) it was like Torid clothes did not fit. They'd be super skinny on my calves and baggy in the hip area. I'm also 5'3 or 5'4 on a good day.

I would guestimate that I am a size 9 or 10 jeans currently
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I haven't worn jeans in years. YEARS. I have been a slave to my yoga pants, Victoria secret pants, slacks, and gym shorts. I have lost a good 60+ lbs in the past year and I'm going on week #9 at the gym. The past 9 weeks I have seen the lbs and inches melt off.

I'm still in the 170s, but I'm extremely pear shaped. My chest bones are starting to be visible, my arms are toned but my problem area are my thighs and hips. My measurements are;

Thighs: 24 in
    Waist: 37.5
    Hips: 37.5 in roughly

And since I just started using a measuring tape, I thought it'd be fun to measure my butt (lol) that number is 45.5 in around.

My biggest problem is finding jeans that will go up past my thighs and not be so tight. Man, I remember when I was 110 lbs and could wear American Eagle pants.. but ill have to admit the yoga pants make my butt look great haha

If any of you awesome ladies could recommend a brand, id be greatful! Thanks

I am like (but would love your 24 inch thigh - mine is 27). I stopped wearing jean (because they made my thighs look much bigger than they are), I now wear pants by SOHO, they are a lot more comfortable and have more movement in them. I bought mine from Ross ($16.99), very comfortable and fits my big butt and thighs.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    You'll get there. I just started measuring, but I'm sure my thighs started off around 28 or 29. I'm baaarreeeelllyyyy starting to get that caving in effect on my inner thighs, they don't rub together anymore, its nice hahaha.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Not Your Daughter's Jeans.

And

Gap. They have a special cut for big butts.
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    Thanks ladies, you all have been a big help. I'm not much for fashion or clothing shopping, I'm definately going to try the Levied, Old Navy and ill look into the vorex as well.

I have no idea what size I am currently, but even at my biggest (size 16) it was like Torid clothes did not fit. They'd be super skinny on my calves and baggy in the hip area. I'm also 5'3 or 5'4 on a good day.

I would guestimate that I am a size 9 or 10 jeans currently

Make sure they are the Old Navy Sweetheart ones, specifically. They run really big, so if you order online, get a size or even two sizes smaller than you normally wear. I used to love these jeans back when i had an *kitten*, lol. They are only twenty bucks, too. Can't beat them.
  • cortney_weiss
    cortney_weiss Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LUCKY BRAND by far!!
  • TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    Aryia Jeans are amazing!
    http://www.ariyajeans.com/
    my hips are pretty wide and i looove these:)