Boyfriend thinks I spend too much time on MFP

Options

Replies

• PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hes a comedian and he thinks its funny to call it "My Fat-*kitten* Pals"
    Lol. Now it's stuck in my head. Forever.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If I had a man, which I do, I'd know that you can't spend every waking moment gazing into each others eyes or touching each others gentles.

So yeah we all have hobbies and endeavors and need support in different ways, and yes it took my SO awhile to get used to my new online habits and eating habits but I was online way before MFP with polyvore, pillsbury, and my work website, so it's not that big a difference to him.

It's just that I never did facebook, so he sees a different dynamic here than those other places which were less newsfeedy and more just plain posty. The real glitch was really him thinking he could or should choose my workout/eating plans for me cause he can try to be controlly sometimes too, don't know that many SO's that aren't a little bit this way. So yeah once we got our ducks in a row it's all good. He'll get used to it as long as you don't start carrying your food scale into restaurants and breaking into the MFP anthem before dinner at the in-laws he'll get it, that it's just a tool. And some supportive people.

wait, we have an anthem? I missed that part! :):drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    He's probably right...

...and anyone who disagrees with me is just in denial about their own excessive time on MFP.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    He's probably right...

...and anyone who disagrees with me is just in denial about their own excessive time on MFP.

I can quit anytime I want. I just don't want to . . .
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you're on here!
    I think it would be too much if you become obsessed with the way people here think of you and it completely takes over your "real life" (the one off the internet).

But honestly, I personally find it a better way to spend some time than Facebook... or other mindless entertainment online.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    If I had a man, which I do, I'd know that you can't spend every waking moment gazing into each others eyes or touching each others gentles.

So yeah we all have hobbies and endeavors and need support in different ways, and yes it took my SO awhile to get used to my new online habits and eating habits but I was online way before MFP with polyvore, pillsbury, and my work website, so it's not that big a difference to him.

It's just that I never did facebook, so he sees a different dynamic here than those other places which were less newsfeedy and more just plain posty. The real glitch was really him thinking he could or should choose my workout/eating plans for me cause he can try to be controlly sometimes too, don't know that many SO's that aren't a little bit this way. So yeah once we got our ducks in a row it's all good. He'll get used to it as long as you don't start carrying your food scale into restaurants and breaking into the MFP anthem before dinner at the in-laws he'll get it, that it's just a tool. And some supportive people.

LMAO~ Food scale!!! Yea that WOULD be bad! I am really compulsive about this food thing...I have to remember he doesnt have the same issue, hes ALWAYS been a beach body gym rat...even if he is starting to show his age lol...
    Options
    So my boyfriend thinks Im spending too much time on MFP.

Does your husband think the same thing? They might be correct. How much time do you spend here during a day?

I dont spend that much time...I only log in every time I eat, AND exercise...and then just to chat in the forum lol...so several times a day...
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

wait, we have an anthem? I missed that part! :):drinker:

We totally need an anthem!! :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    put out or get out
    Options
    So my boyfriend thinks Im spending too much time on MFP.

Does your husband think the same thing? They might be correct. How much time do you spend here during a day?

No husband...anymore
    Options
    But there's a reason, I feel at home here. In a world that's full of skinny supermodels and sz 2 barbie dolls, I need a place where I can work on me without feeling judged.

Where is this fabled wonderland of non-judgment again?

I dont feel judged here of all places. I feel totally supported, but then again Im gravitating towards some really cool peeps!
    Options
    I think it's great you're on here!
    I think it would be too much if you become obsessed with the way people here think of you and it completely takes over your "real life" (the one off the internet).

But honestly, I personally find it a better way to spend some time than Facebook... or other mindless entertainment online.

agreed!
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My bf also says I'm obessed with counting calories and reading posts on here. The way I look at it I have to be obsessed to a point so I stay on track. If eating healthy isn't always on my mind then I'll go back to eating french fries and burgers.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    He'll be alright.
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So my boyfriend thinks Im spending too much time on MFP. Hes a comedian and he thinks its funny to call it "My Fat-*kitten* Pals" but dont get too offended he also calls his gym "24 Hour Fatness"...All I can say is I prefer this place to facebook, and yea, I have been on here a lot. But there's a reason, I feel at home here. In a world that's full of skinny supermodels and sz 2 barbie dolls, I need a place where I can work on me without feeling judged. I think my bf thinks Im obsessed with food, and while I am obsessed~ at least now its a healthy obsession to eat right and work out. I cant help that my new compulsion looks a lot like my old one. And Im not sorry Im on here so much..you guys keep me going, inspired..has anyone else had this with their significant others?

Yes. My husband compares MFP to Facebook. And asks if I'm on here all day chatting with random people. I said yes, But I made sure to only add females just to keep him on the happier side. Plus he is seeing how much work I'm actually putting into getting healthy, that he's actually starting to get over it. =) He's even joined MFP! To gain muscle weight. Not that he uses it...But, it's a step! I think if this is what you need to get healthy (I know it's what I need), then keep at it. If you talk to him and tell him how you feel about it and he still doesn't like it, honestly hun...give him the boot. (This is if he is actually making your life hell for being on here!) You are doing this for YOUR health, YOUR happiness. If he can't see that, then I don't think he's worth keeping.
    Options
    So my boyfriend thinks Im spending too much time on MFP. Hes a comedian and he thinks its funny to call it "My Fat-*kitten* Pals" but dont get too offended he also calls his gym "24 Hour Fatness"...All I can say is I prefer this place to facebook, and yea, I have been on here a lot. But there's a reason, I feel at home here. In a world that's full of skinny supermodels and sz 2 barbie dolls, I need a place where I can work on me without feeling judged. I think my bf thinks Im obsessed with food, and while I am obsessed~ at least now its a healthy obsession to eat right and work out. I cant help that my new compulsion looks a lot like my old one. And Im not sorry Im on here so much..you guys keep me going, inspired..has anyone else had this with their significant others?

Yes. My husband compares MFP to Facebook. And asks if I'm on here all day chatting with random people. I said yes, But I made sure to only add females just to keep him on the happier side. Plus he is seeing how much work I'm actually putting into getting healthy, that he's actually starting to get over it. =) He's even joined MFP! To gain muscle weight. Not that he uses it...But, it's a step! I think if this is what you need to get healthy (I know it's what I need), then keep at it. If you talk to him and tell him how you feel about it and he still doesn't like it, honestly hun...give him the boot. (This is if he is actually making your life hell for being on here!) You are doing this for YOUR health, YOUR happiness. If he can't see that, then I don't think he's worth keeping.

Thank you hon, I couldnt agree more...my whole life I ignored myself, my needs..Im at the point where I dont care if the whole world thinks Im nuts, this is me! I obsess on my health and this JOURNEY because its given me my soul back... I just think people who havent been where Ive been will never get it!
    Options
    put out or get out

are we on the same thread here LMAO
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Mine joined me here, got a FitBit and between the two of us, we're both obsessing now. And I'm perfectly okay with that! :)
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My husband just gets annoyed with how I log and weigh my food. Other than that, he has no issues with me and MFP.

But what he doesn't realize is that I lost the equivalent to our 7 year old son... 45 Lbs, and logging my food is how I have done it, and for me, that's my new life.

I think they get all wigged out when you try and improve on yourself cause they think you'll get all hot and leave them =)
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    How does your MFP boyfriend feel?

;-)