July 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• harryrarabrown
    harryrarabrown Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Currently trying to get fitness back as well as train for a 5k in September. First attempt I managed to do it in 37 mins...had my fourth attempt today and completed it in 28:17. Really happy with the progress I have made

1/7 - 2.5k (followed by 7k on stationary bike)
    2/7 - 5.0k
    3/7 - 2.5k
    5/7 - 5.0k

MTD total - 15k / 85k (17.5% completed)
  • eyethree
    eyethree Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    4 miles today. Fastest time yet, however, still slow.

blk-exercise.png
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options

exercise.png

6/1 = 5 miles
    6/2 = 6 miles @ 6 weeks postpartum!
    6/3 = weight training in the morning, 4 miles stroller walk
    6/4 = Rest day, holiday dinner with the family and a very cranky baby. Add a dog terrified by the fireworks, shaking, panting and salivating on my bed, and you get the whole picture of my 4th of July night. Breath in…Breath out…
    6/5 = 4 miles, hot and humid, but I needed it for my sanity.

P.S. I do real everyone's posts, but I cannot make personal comments since my life is pretty much controlled by a tiny human being with lots of demands :) You are doing so great though!
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    exercise.png

July 1 - rest
    July 2 - 5
    July 3 - 10.5
    July 4 - rest
    July 5 - 14.3

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm officially signed up for the half marathon- training starts the 20th of July so I have some time- but I'm going to try to ramp up my running in the next 3 week. I have no specific goals but to run more.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Got out early and beat the heat to put in a short but faster 7+km run to cap off a 86km running week with 2,209 meters of climbing. It's been many years since I last ran any distance at all and while I've no set objective in mind I'm still building and having fun.

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		058.32 km 
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles (29% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles (24% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Sun Jul 05 07.66 km (86.10 km weekly total, 2,209 meters climbing)
    Sat Jul 04 18.90 km Mountain trail run
    Fri Jul 03 09.84 km 
    Thu Jul 02 11.93 km Mountain trail run
    Wed Jul 01 09.99 km 

• baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    7/4: 5 miles
    7/5: 2.5 miles

So far: 19 out of 115 miles
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    14.4 out of 40 km done!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1- rest
    2-lunch swim, 12.15 bike
    3-0.52 GI upset. Decided to lay on couch and eat popsicles instead.
    4-5.18 hot. HI 99, temp 89 humidity 60%
    5- 4.80 run, cold spring dip, run

10.5/70+

The run back is always better than the run to the cold spring. Overall it's downhill, and running back cooled off is so enjoyable. I found myself at a comfortable place mulling over a recent silly conversation with my husband about his nips an why he insists on wearing a shirt... And my mind wandered on to the silliness of a naked run. All that back sweat running off you rear made me laugh. Youd need a head band around your waist. My run was great. Comfortable, and entertaining. That's progress.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    July 1 - rest
    July 2 - 3.75 run/walk combo
    July 3 - 5 miles
    July 4 - 5.76 miles
    July 5 - Not counting it towards goal but walked 5 miles in Astoria in the morning to scout out a place to do long run on Tuesday. Then walked another 6 all around Central Park and Manhattan. Weather is SO nice up here. Don't want to go back to the FL heat!

exercise.png

JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm officially signed up for the half marathon- training starts the 20th of July so I have some time- but I'm going to try to ramp up my running in the next 3 week. I have no specific goals but to run more.

Which HM are you doing? I'm running the Divas one in Long Island 10/4.

• GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options

exercise.png

8 Mile yesterday
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    July goal 70 miles

7/1 Snorkel 3 hours
    7/2 6.25
    7/3 horribly ill
    7/4 moderately ill
    7/5 well enough to do 2.55

Total 8.80

(Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    J

I am doing the Divas run out this way but it isn't until next February! :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    July 1 - rest
    July 2 - 3.75 run/walk combo
    July 3 - 5 miles
    July 4 - 5.76 miles
    July 5 - Not counting it towards goal but walked 5 miles in Astoria in the morning to scout out a place to do long run on Tuesday. Then walked another 6 all around Central Park and Manhattan. Weather is SO nice up here. Don't want to go back to the FL heat!

exercise.png

Freedom Run in Sharpsburg- totally pumped- October 10
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    7/1: 6.5 miles
    7/2: 6.5 miles with the Thursday running crew
    7/3: Rest
    7/4: 3.1 miles (New 5k PR of 23:42!)
    7/5: 12 miles
    7/6: 4 miles eeeeeeasy recovery pace

32.1/175 miles

exercise.png
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am finally back to the running challenges, woohoo! It's nice to see all the familiar faces AND so many new runners joining the challenge!

A little update: my little runner Anna Elizabeth arrived on May 22, 2015 @ 6:13am EST, 5lb 9 oz and 19.5 inches of pure joy! We call our baby girl Anya :) She sure kept me busy for the last 6 weeks, which flew by faster than I expected. We already celebrated being 1 month old :# Below is one of the hundreds shots that I've taken. Yeah, I became that mom hahahahaha.

kvkzgl1ohztd.jpg

I'll shoot for 80 miles of running/walking. I can probably do more, but would like to start easy.
    So glad to be back!!! Happy Running everyone ;)

P.S. Any expecting moms, feel free to message me. I ran and lifted through my entire pregnancy and I think it made a huge difference in my delivery and recovery.

Awwww! Beautiful baby. Congratulations!

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for July
    7/1 REST DAY
    7/2 7.5 miles - 7.5
    7/3 REST DAY
    7/4 13.2 miles - 20.7
    7/5 REST DAY
    7/6 7.3 miles - 28

exercise.png

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    7/1--glute exercises only
    7/2--1.7(treadmill PT) & calf stretches
    7/3--glute exercises only
    7/4--1.78(first outside run) & glute exercies
    7/5--rest
    7/6--
    **Will do a 20 minute run today. Not sure if I'll be on the treadmill or outside. I left my inhaler at home so...

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.
    7/4 - 6.2 miles - last day of my Memorial Day to 4th of July 41 Days of Awesome running challenge.
    7/5 - rest day and travel to El Paso ugh what a trip
    7/6 - 2.5 horrible dreadmill miles

18.9 miles out of 100

exercise.png

@whatmerunning I totally agree on the streak - even if I did a 1.6 or 2 mile run the day before my long I didn't feel rested.

For those not on my news feed - when I got to the airport for my business trip the TSA agent told me my driver's license expired. They let me on the plane (have up to 1 year before they won't) but of course I couldn't get my rental car. Alabama doesn't send you any renewal notice you need to track the expiration date - okay so this is the second time this happened to me while I've lived here ha ha!! Anyway I'm stuck at the hotel and can't go anywhere to run. I said okay I can run in the streets here, lots of traffic and not the best roads but no biggie. I got up at 5:00 and got dressed walked out the door and it was dark ha ha! OMG I'm a mess. My hotel used to be one with outdoor doors so they just enclosed it to make the doors indoors, the light I saw in the curtain is the hallway light. duh again! So okay I go to the gym, where it is 80 degrees in the room, no joke. Okay equipment all looks new so I get on the mill and it's literally 6" from the wall and there is nothing but a big mirror in front of me. Nothing to inspire you to run more than seeing your gross sweaty self. Didn't take long to sweat, did I mention it was 80 degrees..honestly I checked the thermostat! Anyway did a horrible 2.5 miles of a "hilly run" and then walked around the parking lot a bit. The sun was coming up the mountains are beautiful. I'll take a picture later. One of my friends is going to rent me a car today in her name so I can get around. The guy that drives the shuttle told me of a place to run not too far from the hotel.

Bless you treadmill folks I don't know how you do it. Sorry this is so long - figured you could use a laugh today.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.
    7/4 - 6.2 miles - last day of my Memorial Day to 4th of July 41 Days of Awesome running challenge.
    7/5 - rest day and travel to El Paso ugh what a trip
    7/6 - 2.5 horrible dreadmill miles

18.9 miles out of 100

exercise.png

@whatmerunning I totally agree on the streak - even if I did a 1.6 or 2 mile run the day before my long I didn't feel rested.

For those not on my news feed - when I got to the airport for my business trip the TSA agent told me my driver's license expired. They let me on the plane (have up to 1 year before they won't) but of course I couldn't get my rental car. Alabama doesn't send you any renewal notice you need to track the expiration date - okay so this is the second time this happened to me while I've lived here ha ha!! Anyway I'm stuck at the hotel and can't go anywhere to run. I said okay I can run in the streets here, lots of traffic and not the best roads but no biggie. I got up at 5:00 and got dressed walked out the door and it was dark ha ha! OMG I'm a mess. My hotel used to be one with outdoor doors so they just enclosed it to make the doors indoors, the light I saw in the curtain is the hallway light. duh again! So okay I go to the gym, where it is 80 degrees in the room, no joke. Okay equipment all looks new so I get on the mill and it's literally 6" from the wall and there is nothing but a big mirror in front of me. Nothing to inspire you to run more than seeing your gross sweaty self. Didn't take long to sweat, did I mention it was 80 degrees..honestly I checked the thermostat! Anyway did a horrible 2.5 miles of a "hilly run" and then walked around the parking lot a bit. The sun was coming up the mountains are beautiful. I'll take a picture later. One of my friends is going to rent me a car today in her name so I can get around. The guy that drives the shuttle told me of a place to run not too far from the hotel.

Bless you treadmill folks I don't know how you do it. Sorry this is so long - figured you could use a laugh today.
    oh girl- you're a trouper- I would have probably given up LOL- glad you got at least a small run in- 2-3 is about all I can take on a treadmill even in "optimal" conditions. LOL

Good luck on your trip and I hope you get around safely!!!