July 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• CancerSurvivor2014
    CancerSurvivor2014 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a noobie to logging cals and this site. I dreaded running today but felt great after getting in 3 miles.Even though I am late I have been tracking my runs. Last week was off week for me from lifting so I did quite a bit of running.
    I am gonna set a goal of 40 miles. I have already completed 21. So that leaves 19 to go which is a mile a day for the rest of the month.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @419er Curious about your name, 419 is the area code where I live.

It's also police code for a dead body.

Hahaha! Nice!
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Easy day. 3.3. Takes me to 37.6/80.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    First run since July 1 after forcing myself to do a mandatory rest week and being sick. I ran 4.8 km for a total of 8.2/50k for July. I don't think I'm going to reach my goal especially as vacation starts today. :sweat:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    While I felt less beat up at 5am today I decided to take a break today and slept in. A little regret but more satisfaction about it than regret. I do need to get my appetite under control during this upcoming reduced mileage week. It seems to be rest days when the appetite worked up from the previous days miles kicks in so I'm trying to be extra mindful of what I eat.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.
    7/4 - 6.2 miles - last day of my Memorial Day to 4th of July 41 Days of Awesome running challenge.
    7/5 - rest day and travel to El Paso ugh what a trip
    7/6 - 2.5 horrible dreadmill miles
    7/7 - 4.2 miles and 2.25 - went and ran where my boss told me. It was beautiful. It was like 90 and no shade during the run and my breathing is taking a beating, but it was worth to 30 min drive to get there.
    7/8 - 5.5 miles
    7/9 - 3.7 miles
    7/10 rest day
    7/11 - 3.1 miles Strong Girls 5K run today.
    7/12 - 5.6 miles - HOT HOT HOT

43.2 of 100 miles

exercise.png

Thanks everyone - it was a fun day.
    @honunui - Skip has gotten very used to finishing up there in her AG and I was worried with her moving up and being at the lower end since that doesn't really benefit the younger folks. By the time you reach my age moving up is a woohoo so you are at the younger end of the class. :smile: she finished with a 23:21 about 40 seconds slower than her PR but she was 11th overall out of 178, so she's very happy.
    @melaniefave41 wow on the pictures - you are my hero. I burst out laughing on the boyfriend comment, they once you catch them they are yours. If I'm not in running shoes, I'm in flip flops!
    @toadhunter911 great job doing all that walking after surgery.
    @pauladner 100 miles on the treadmill, bless you is all I can say. I just can't manage that.
    @elise4270 those transition fees are killers.
    @7lenny loved the sailing course
    @wendy1fl glad you were able to get a non puking run in. You poor thing.
    @stoshew71 - great job getting the run in in the heat. You should have start at 5:00 and finished with us at 7:00. I talked to a few people who ran over 5 miles before our race.
    @newarski22 I run back to back days all the time. I try to take Wednesday as a rest day and usually that is it. I might do a shorter run on Saturday to get my long run in on Sunday

Great job everyone getting out in the heat. It's been a killer!
  • Aresende90
    Aresende90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Took an easy run today after a week off d/t a knee injury. Up to 8 running miles this month. I've walked more but am only counting my runs. The week out killed me, hopefully going to pick up the slack without over doing it!
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 Thanks. It's been nearly 4 years since I started my journey - dropping 70lbs (60 of which are still off) and went from not being able to run a mile, to having finished 3 marathons.
    @melaniefave41 and @Elise4270 I was a missionary in Nigeria for 7 years - most people know Nigeria as home of those letters from "princes" that want your help getting money. That's why I chose 419er.

Another 5 in the books today, although I ran with a friend who was WAY too fast for me. I was a full 30 seconds under my normal pace, and our list mile was a minute under. I'll kill my training if I do much more of that!

419er
  • runthisbodync
    runthisbodync Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joining late so I'll set a goal of 36 for the month. I ran four this morning.

Tara
  • eyethree
    eyethree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Beat some personal goals this week. Getting my miles up and my time down. Getting there...

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @419er my husbands dream job is missionary work. Of course, he and I are complete opposites, but the one thing we share is the similar dream job. Although, I'd like to have done doctors without borders (but I never made it to med school.)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @7lenny7 Love the sailing track, just love it. It's been too long since I last sailed. Both my wife and I sailed before we met and married but haven't together since. Some summer we'll charter and get the kids addicted. Or we'll leave the kids behind. ;-o

Despite two rest days this week I can't shake feeling I don't feel rested so will look deeper into that this week. Despite reservations, headed out this afternoon thinking I'd do only 10km as I was feeling only so so but after loop 1 felt ok-ish and decided to do a second loop around the lake for 21.3km today. Will enjoy a second beer even more. :smile:

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		098.41 km 
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles (59% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles (49% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Sun Jul 12 21.29 km Lake trail x2 (61.37 km weekly total, 1,173 meters climbing)
    Sat Jul 11 06.20 km City streets
    Fri Jul 10 11.11 km Mountain trail run
    Thu Jul 09 10.79 km Mountain trail run
    Wed Jul 08 ----- Rest day
    Tue Jul 07 11.98 km Mountain trail run
    Mon Jul 06 ----- Rest day
    Sun Jul 05 07.66 km Trail run (86.10 km weekly total, 2,209 meters climbing)
    Sat Jul 04 18.90 km Mountain trail run
    Fri Jul 03 09.84 km Stanley Park
    Thu Jul 02 11.93 km Mountain trail run
    Wed Jul 01 09.99 km River trail run

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 1.75mi Today was going to be a rest day because my quads are tight and sore but I did it. It was slow and I went on a sandy path instead of pavement to see if it helped and I do feel a little better.
    7/3 - 3.1mi Did my usual hilly path thru the park. Waited until evening to go but it was nice. Completed the first of 2 virtual 5k's. Now I have the rest of the month to improve my time LOL.
    7/6. - 1.6mi Went for a birthday run with my son, which, While I love spending time with him I hate running with him because i am to much slower than him and he always wants to walk LOL.
    7/7. - 3.1 mi Got up at 4:30am to get a run in before work and make up for yesterday. Think I will skip yoga today, I am sure I will pay for it later this week.
    7/10 - 1.85mi Couldn't get my butt out of bed this morning and I paid for it. Very humid, slow run on a hilly trail. I knew I couldn't do the 3 miles I had planned so I worked on powering uphill and maintaining the faster pace after the downhills on the hilly trail I picked.
    7/12 - 1.5 mi Another run with son but better than the last one. We went on a hilly park run and he was asking for a walk break after about a half mile LOL. He will learn not to start out fast and mess around if I keep my steady pace and keep passing him.

12.9 done and 17.1 to go.

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Took Saturday and Sunday off, back to the program today with a 5k.

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Another rest day today as my HR was 10 bpm higher than normal rested state. I got out of the routine of taking my RHR for a couple weeks, I might be paying for that! :tongue: Hopefully things get back to normal quickly...like tomorrow.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    7/1: 6.5 miles
    7/2: 6.5 miles with the Thursday running crew
    7/3: Rest
    7/4: 3.1 miles (New 5k PR of 23:42!)
    7/5: 12 miles
    7/6: 4 miles easy recovery pace
    7/7: 5 miles of easy "I'm drowning in humidity" pace
    7/8: 4 miles
    7/9: 5 miles -- quick, fun ones with the Thursday running group!
    7/10: Rest
    7/11: 3.1 miles
    7/12: 14.3 miles
    7/13: 4 miles easy recovery pace

The view from the canal trail was great today. No one else was in sight for most of the run, and I didn't even listen to music. It was really quiet (except for the birds!) and calm, and so it was easy to keep my pace slow since I wanted to take it all in :)

rvwmcnq77l7c.png

67.5/175 miles

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for July
    7/1 REST DAY
    7/2 7.5 miles - 7.5
    7/3 REST DAY
    7/4 13.2 miles - 20.7
    7/5 REST DAY
    7/6 7.3 miles - 28
    7/7 7 miles - 35
    7/8 REST DAY
    7/9 5.25 miles - 40.25
    7/10 REST DAY
    7/11 13.4 miles - 53.65
    7/12 8.1 miles - 61.75

exercise.png

• LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to run the last few days due a banged up toe (dropped a bed frame on it).

I'm trying to be smart and am taking the time to allow it to heal but I feel like I just might lose my mind.

I shall live vicariously through you all for the next day or two :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    7/1 - took the 0-fer today after taking my wife to the ER at midnight, I slept in :/
    7/2 - 5 miles on a perfect morning for a run in DSM...you all should be jealous!
    7/3 - 4 miles
    7/4 - 7 miles, visiting in-laws, partial "trail run" through road construction
    7/5 - rest day
    7/6 - 3.1 miles; planned for 5 but got completely washed out by huge rain
    7/7 - seem to have got a summer cold...slept in, no run
    7/8 - getting worse...ugh! May be a sinus infection. Nothing worse than being sick in the summer!
    7/9 - still sick...blah.
    7/10 - heading out of town for a baseball tournament...still have a cold.
    7/11 - FINALLY! 3.5 miles on hotel treadmill (22.6 for month)
    7/12 - more baseball...son's team won 9 year-old state championship! Woo hoo!
    7/13 - 4 miles at 5:00 a.m., 81° and humid...air you can wear (26.6 for the month so far). Will catch up with everyone's weekend later today.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.
    7/4 - 6.2 miles - last day of my Memorial Day to 4th of July 41 Days of Awesome running challenge.
    7/5 - rest day and travel to El Paso ugh what a trip
    7/6 - 2.5 horrible dreadmill miles
    7/7 - 4.2 miles and 2.25 - went and ran where my boss told me. It was beautiful. It was like 90 and no shade during the run and my breathing is taking a beating, but it was worth to 30 min drive to get there.
    7/8 - 5.5 miles
    7/9 - 3.7 miles
    7/10 rest day
    7/11 - 3.1 miles Strong Girls 5K run today.
    7/12 - 5.6 miles - HOT HOT HOT
    7/13 - 3.5 quick miles - working with the big boss today so I had to be in when he got in.

46.7 of 100 miles

exercise.png

@kristinegift love the picture of my beautiful Jersey :smiley:
    @littlepinkshotgun OUCH! feel better soon