Dr. Oz Swimsuit Slimdown Drink

Options
I found the slimdown drink online yesterday and bought grapefruit juice. I can't stand the grapefruit! It says to use grapefruit juice because of the vitamin C. Has anyone tried this? I was thinking that orange juice might work as well.

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Just forget about the gimmicks. Eat at a deficit.

ETA: If people put as much effort into losing weight the proper way as they do looking for quick fixes they would already be half way there.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    A good slimdown drink is water... and it's free....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If it is endorsed by Dr. Oz, it is a fad/snake oil/ sensationalistic crap. Please do not follow anything that sellout quack doc says and find a different source of nutritional information. If you want a swimsuit body, do a calorie deficit, some cardio and some weight training. Besides lipo, it's the only way to achieve it. Not some goofy drink endorsed by (insert random celebrity here).
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    QUACK!
  • Practicallymagic
    Options
    Its not quack my mother used to do this and had success, its healthy . Something in grape fruit helps to burn fat I find pineapple works too. Calorie deficit doesn't work for me been doing that for years and just doesn't work.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Its not quack my mother used to do this and had success, its healthy . Something in grape fruit helps to burn fat I find pineapple works too. Calorie deficit doesn't work for me been doing that for years and just doesn't work.

Then you're doing it wrong (unless you've been to a REAL doctor and have been officially diagnosed with some type of medical condition). It's a very simple formula: calories in v. calories out. A lot of people on here (including me for a while) are not eating enough calories. Here's a good starting point to determine the number of calories you'll need to eat to lose: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

There's no fast fix pill, drink, soup, etc.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    What if I pair it with raspberry ketones?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

Only if you chase it with a green coffee bean detox.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Please see this thread, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925772-fat-flush-water

How it works is this:
    It makes you drink more water because it tastes delicious. End.

Drink more water, hold onto less water weight. Sounds counter intuitive. The more you drink, the less water you hold onto.
    Doesn't remove fat, but the scale may go down.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Haha, third fatburning drink thread I've seen today.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

If it looks like a duck, and it acts like a duck and it sounds like a duck... it's a quack.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Booze is fatburning. Honest.
  • xinit0
    Options

What's a detox without a good colon cleanse?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    In for OzMosis
  • xinit0
    Options
    Haha, third fatburning drink thread I've seen today.

Quick - check their profiles and see if they have affiliate links to some Quacky MLM...
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

What's a detox without a good colon cleanse?

Coffee enemas must be twice as good if you use green coffee enemas, right?
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If it is endorsed by Dr. Oz, it is a fad/snake oil/ sensationalistic crap. Please do not follow anything that sellout quack doc says and find a different source of nutritional information. If you want a swimsuit body, do a calorie deficit, some cardio and some weight training. Besides lipo, it's the only way to achieve it. Not some goofy drink endorsed by (insert random celebrity here).

Very well said :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Then you haven't been at a deficit, or you have an unresolved medical issue. If you've been yo-yo dieting for years then that could be your problem. But this drink is not going to fix the problem. It's not going to hurt you, but it's not going to make you lose weight either.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I found the slimdown drink online yesterday and bought grapefruit juice. I can't stand the grapefruit! It says to use grapefruit juice because of the vitamin C. Has anyone tried this? I was thinking that orange juice might work as well.

oh dear, you said the worst 4 letter fraze in all of mfp "dr oz", and coupled it with mentioning a non water drink... now brace for the h8 :ohwell:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just forget about the gimmicks. Eat at a deficit.

ETA: If people put as much effort into losing weight the proper way as they do looking for quick fixes they would already be half way there.

Damn straight! QFT