Dr. Oz Swimsuit Slimdown Drink

Options

Replies

• aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not endorsing it...lol. But heck...it's way better than someone who starves themselves for 30 days and calls it a "water fast." Atleast you get some nutrition.

no.

yes.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    gif1-2.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm not endorsing it...lol. But heck...it's way better than someone who starves themselves for 30 days and calls it a "water fast." Atleast you get some nutrition.

no.

yes.
    "Better" is loaded language and implies that both it and a water fast are good.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    do not listen to Dr Oz

tumblr_mjhnunujej1qeeuo4o2_500.gif
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

bluth-no.gif

ETA: tumblr_m74w0r27r11r67vczo1_250.gif

Don't buy into the gimmick. It's a waste of time and money. It only takes a little bit of critical thinking to figure it out.
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    do not listen to Dr Oz

tumblr_mjhnunujej1qeeuo4o2_500.gif

Exactly!!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It's horrible that people keep bashing these Dr. Oz miracle products, and instead push people to drink more water. It's like they don't even realize how dangerous water IS!

This PDF explains it all: http://www.dhmo.org/msds/MSDS-DHMO-Kemp.pdf

^^
    This gets my vote for the winner of the thread. DHMO is dangerous stuff!

:wink:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

But heck, at least this slimdown shake is way better than someone who shoots up meth and calls it a "diet jumpstart"!!

See what I did there?

Both are terrible ideas. Just because "shooting yourself in the face" is worse, doesn't mean the other choice is automatically not stupid.
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Its not quack my mother used to do this and had success, its healthy . Something in grape fruit helps to burn fat I find pineapple works too. Calorie deficit doesn't work for me been doing that for years and just doesn't work.

I'm still trying to get over the "its not quack..." part of this statement. No mater how many excellent comments I read disputing the FULL outlandish statement I just keep thinking someone should explain the word "quack" instead XD
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Its not quack my mother used to do this and had success, its healthy . Something in grape fruit helps to burn fat I find pineapple works too. Calorie deficit doesn't work for me been doing that for years and just doesn't work.

I'm still trying to get over the "its not quack..." part of this statement. No mater how many excellent comments I read disputing the FULL outlandish statement I just keep thinking someone should explain the word "quack" instead XD

:laugh:

I lol'ed
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love how much the word "quack" is being used in this thread.

It's Quacktastic ;)
  • meemforever
    Options
    I wouldn't use orange juice because it is too high in sugar. That is one of the number 1 things to cut in order to start losing is orange juice.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use orange juice because it is too high in sugar. That is one of the number 1 things to cut in order to start losing is orange juice.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is a hilarious first post and ridiculous.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I found the slimdown drink online yesterday and bought grapefruit juice. I can't stand the grapefruit! It says to use grapefruit juice because of the vitamin C. Has anyone tried this? I was thinking that orange juice might work as well.
    Juice doesn't slim you down. Calorie deficit does.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Then you defy the laws of thermodynamics. Sorry, but physiology doesn't work that way. You may lose very slowly due to hormonal issues, but calorie deficit is what reduces body mass.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I found the slimdown drink online yesterday and bought grapefruit juice. I can't stand the grapefruit! It says to use grapefruit juice because of the vitamin C. Has anyone tried this? I was thinking that orange juice might work as well.

You lost me at Dr. Oz.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

for some reason I dont buy this for many reasons. I would go with you aren't measuring your food. and only eyeballing it - and not truly eating at a deficit. Pills, shakes and juicing. yadda yadda yadda are mere gimmicks. Hard work and dedication to yourself is always the true and best way to lose weight.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    If it is endorsed by Dr. Oz, it is a fad/snake oil/ sensationalistic crap. Please do not follow anything that sellout quack doc says and find a different source of nutritional information. If you want a swimsuit body, do a calorie deficit, some cardio and some weight training. Besides lipo, it's the only way to achieve it. Not some goofy drink endorsed by (insert random celebrity here).

THANK YOU. My boyfriend's family is obsessed with everything Dr. Oz says because he's Turkish (as are they). I don't believe one word he says (it makes for some GREAT fights/arguments)... he really is just trying to make money off people.

OP - water is free! Drink up :drinker:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't use the grapefruit juice, it's too bitter for me. I put real mandarins in the vitamix with a handful of green coffee bean and raspberry ketone pills, I add a splash of soda water and VOILA... Slimdown shake without the grapefruit but I still get the vitamin C!!!!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't use the grapefruit juice, it's too bitter for me. I put real mandarins in the vitamix with a handful of green coffee bean and raspberry ketone pills, I add a splash of soda water and VOILA... Slimdown shake without the grapefruit but I still get the vitamin C!!!!

Oh hon, this isn't a magic shake to make you lose weight. Just eat real food, and do the opposite of what Dr. Oz tells you.