Eating so much is a pain?

Options

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Ugh. So this whole thing with eating more has just got me off the rockers. I try but i end up having to stuff my face at meals to get my calories up and today I am at like 1600, which is a big step for me, and I am fuller than a cow in a field. I've been this full and stuff since lunch where I was up to 950 calories so I did not have a mid day snack like I normally do. I don't know how to get my calories up without feeling like crap but man if eating more has me like this, I don't want to eat 1700 calories lol

Today i've had:

Protein shake. (140 calories)
    Carrots (240 calories)
    4 apples (400 calories)
    2 pieces of rye bread (130 calories)
    2 rice cakes (70 calories)
    2 yogurts (100 calories)
    Cottage cheese (180 calories)
    Air popped pop corn (180 calories)
    Almond butter (100 calories, split between the rice cakes and bread)

So 1570 (this includes tea before bed which is 30 calories)

I try to eat balanced means but today has been all over for me so I have not. That I guess is the cause for my awful eating strategy. Ugh. Why is this hard... it is especially hard since I'm really only just starting high calorie again from eating from a stretch of steady 1000-1100 calories.

I just feel like I need to force myself to eat to heal my head from being scared, so I can get my abs to show through.

Are you trying to gain ?? I'm guessing you are. When do you eat actual meals ?? I don't see any on this list
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

4 apples (400 calories)

those must be some big *kitten* apples. 400cals from apples is like 6-8.

also, how much carrots did you consume. 240cals is like 500g of carrots.

I think your estimates are a bit off.

you are missing whole food groups, your not actually eating meals, can you cook? cause you should learn if not.

your basically like "OMG, eating is soo hard"
    naa, its really not eh. its actually pretty awesome, I guess you are doing it wrong.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Some ppl have "real" problems.

yes, like lacking tact.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Oh good, let's turn a thread by a young girl with an ED into a fight about vegetarian and vegan diets.

OP - if you're not a vegetarian, then seriously eat a hamburger as I said earlier. If you're really a vegetarian then eat more dairy and down some whole eggs. I really don't like restricted diets for anyone with an ED because you need to learn to eat and at this point, you need to be eating a little bit of everything. Your body needs nutrition and it doesn't matter where it comes from. That said, if you are going to be a vegetarian then learn how to do it correctly and get a balanced diet. Your health and life are too important.

love this!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Wow.

I completely agree.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options

4 apples (400 calories)

you are missing whole food groups, your not actually eating meals, can you cook? cause you should learn if not.

naa, its really not eh. its actually pretty awesome, I guess you are doing it wrong.

^^^ This...that's over a pound of carrots...sorry, I don't believe it.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Vegemite sandwich?

You def need meals, not just snacks.

even as a vegan/vegetarian you can eat pulses and vegetables - make soups, boil a potato.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian.
    But I have avocado every day, I have oatmeal with banana and peanut butter in it.
    I do not eat meat, fish or eggs.

But I do like my soy chicken and soy bacon and eat beans.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my goal right now is 2285 and i'm having trouble getting used to it. I find logging in advance helps though.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well, let me know when you run across one.

So for OP's apparently "fake" problem...the answer is fats and proteins. They both pack a lot of cals in concert with one another. Whether a meateater or vegetarian you'll find that meats, hummus, and things of that nature will build up your cals bank fast.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

4 apples (400 calories)

^^^ This...that's over a pound of carrots...sorry, I don't believe it.

I always suspected this. That people with the "it's hard to eat so much" problem were either trying to eat zero fat, or really clean, or ommitting a whole food group.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

And some people make posts they shouldn't.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

And some people make posts they shouldn't.
    Hear hear.
  • Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey just try and make a bigger protein shake, and add some bread or meat for the calories. If your vegan try loads of beans or rice.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

In...

...to learn more about these "real" problems.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    In for... Just in
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I figured OP was a vegetarian. Maybe not. Who knows.

Diet could use some beans, nuts, leafy greens, lentils, etc etc, though.

The diet in the OP is certainly not in any sense of the word balanced.

I'm vegan, and I surely dont eat like OP..... Lol..... I consume 120 grams protein per day :)

Out of curiosity, where do you get all that protein as a vegan?

Vegans get plenty of protein if they want to. Tempeh, tofu, brown rice, nuts, seeds, kale plenty of fruits and veg. Easy! :smile:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I figured OP was a vegetarian. Maybe not. Who knows.

Diet could use some beans, nuts, leafy greens, lentils, etc etc, though.

The diet in the OP is certainly not in any sense of the word balanced.

I'm vegan, and I surely dont eat like OP..... Lol..... I consume 120 grams protein per day :)

Out of curiosity, where do you get all that protein as a vegan?

Vegans get plenty of protein if they want to. Tempeh, tofu, brown rice, nuts, seeds, kale plenty of fruits and veg. Easy! :smile:

aaah! I want some tempeh I forgot!!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Ugh. So this whole thing with eating more has just got me off the rockers. I try but i end up having to stuff my face at meals to get my calories up and today I am at like 1600, which is a big step for me, and I am fuller than a cow in a field. I've been this full and stuff since lunch where I was up to 950 calories so I did not have a mid day snack like I normally do. I don't know how to get my calories up without feeling like crap but man if eating more has me like this, I don't want to eat 1700 calories lol

Today i've had:

Carrots (240 calories)
    4 apples (400 calories)

Rice cakes/ carrots? comeon 240 calories of carrots? no wonder you are full. Eat some real food. Oatmeal, nut butter, veggies roasted in olive oil , fish, beans ect some whole grains geez. Isthis a troll?
    2 yogurts (100 calories)

I try to eat balanced means but today has been all over for me so I have not. That I guess is the cause for my awful eating strategy. Ugh. Why is this hard... it is especially hard since I'm really only just starting high calorie again from eating from a stretch of steady 1000-1100 calories.

I just feel like I need to force myself to eat to heal my head from being scared, so I can get my abs to show through.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Today i've had:

Carrots (240 calories)
    4 apples (400 calories)
    2 yogurts (100 calories)

My protein shake had over 600 calories in it this morning. And it's full of nutrients. You can easily get more calories in that. I threw in a half avocado and couldn't even taste it but the benefits of avocado are big. Eat more calorie dense foods and actual meals instead of just snacking.

My shake had about 600 as well. Hers must just be mix and wqater. Looks to me like a lot of food restricting.