hmm...

Options
eating 900 or less calories a day and burning at least 800! I'm not losing as much as I expected

Replies

• Anna83704
    Anna83704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Probably because you aren't really eating 900 calories and aren't burning 800.

Why would you want to do that anyway?

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    VLCD diets are no bueno, absent medical supervision, in which case you should be talking to your medical supervisors.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    dougwebb57 wrote: »
    eating 900 or less calories a day and burning at least 800! I'm not losing as much as I expected

Is your doctor supervising you on this VLCD? Because you are very likely to see side effects eating like this.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Probably because you aren't really eating 900 calories and aren't burning 800.

Why would you want to do that anyway?

Yup yup
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Oh dear...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    well youre starving yourself. next will come mood swings and hair loss! that will be FUN!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    well youre starving yourself. next will come mood swings and hair loss! that will be FUN!

Oh yes - and don't forget the brittle nails, insomnia, and eventual organ failure.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

Oh yes - and don't forget the brittle nails, insomnia, and eventual organ failure.

goody goody! can i join?

oh wait. i like my brain to function. I mean, I paid good money for a college education, it's nice to retain all that useless overpriced crap.....

nevermind!

lololol
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

and then death.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Start weighing your food and logging it properly. Fill out your MFP profile correctly and eat at least that number of calories. Log your exercise and eat the calories or at least 50%. Do it for four weeks and then reevaluate to see if you are losing at a healthy rate or not.
  • dougwebb57
    dougwebb57 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just looking for advice. I'd like to lose weight as fast as possible. I've always had a problem with eating or lack thereof. but I was lazy and drank vodka with a sweet mixer all the time. So now I count my calories to keep me busy so that I don't drink alcohol. Docs orders. From your replies I see that this diet isn't healthy either. So thanks. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Just looking for advice. I'd like to lose weight as fast as possible

Look, everyone wants their weight off pronto. But you have to be realistic. Weight loss is just not a fast thing. If it was, obesity wouldn't be such a problem.

Set a realistic and sustainable goal, weigh your food, log consistently, exercise when you can. Fast doesn't equal healthy.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    so netting 100 calories per day....seems legit....

tumblr_lpotuxeImW1qc4y5qo1_250.giffecking jebus...
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just looking for advice. I'd like to lose weight as fast as possible. I've always had a problem with eating or lack thereof. but I was lazy and drank vodka with a sweet mixer all the time. So now I count my calories to keep me busy so that I don't drink alcohol. Docs orders. From your replies I see that this diet isn't healthy either. So thanks. :)
    Your metabolism will thank you for the food and the break from the vodka , as will the rest of your body.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options

And if you like the MFP ap, use it as a tool. It really helps you figure out how much you're supposed to be eating in order to reach the goal you'd like in a reasonable and healthy amount of time. When you do it, though, note that the calorie figure it gives you is a goal. You don't have to eat excessively below it. In fact, it's fine if you go a little bit above it.

MFP will give you all sorts of warnings if you log the amount of calories you say you're eating - and with good reason. VLCDs (Very Low Calorie Diets) are a recipe for failure or disaster.
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    Thankyou to the people who weren't childish with the unnecessary sarcasm in their replies. I appreciate that.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thankyou to the people who weren't childish with the unnecessary sarcasm in their replies. I appreciate that.

Calling people childish seems unnecessary. People respond to different kinds of criticism and when an OP is doing something extremely harmful all kinds of responses are going to come out to discourage it with the hope that at least one of the responses will get through.
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try to eat at least 12 to 1400 calories a day from now on. I think about it as I read and I do have thinning hair and brittle nails and have had that since I can remember. so thanks for your childish smartass reply! ;)
    "Lololol"

goody goody! can i join?

oh wait. i like my brain to function. I mean, I paid good money for a college education, it's nice to retain all that useless overpriced crap.....

nevermind!

lololol