hmm...

Options

Replies

• katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What's the rush? The time will pass anyway; do it correctly, not just quickly. Be good to yourself.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    dougwebb57 wrote: »
    I'm definitely going to try to eat at least 12 to 1400 calories a day from now on. I think about it as I read and I do have thinning hair and brittle nails and have had that since I can remember. so thanks for your childish smartass reply! ;)
    "Lololol"
    well youre starving yourself. next will come mood swings and hair loss! that will be FUN!

Oh yes - and don't forget the brittle nails, insomnia, and eventual organ failure.

goody goody! can i join?

oh wait. i like my brain to function. I mean, I paid good money for a college education, it's nice to retain all that useless overpriced crap.....

nevermind!

lololol

How exactly is listing the very real consequences of eating a starvation diet "smartass"? People who are desperate enough to do a 900/day diet already aren't thinking of "health," so really, listing "brittle nails" and "thinning hair" (which are vanity issues) may be the only way to get through to some people.
  • dougwebb57
    dougwebb57 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thankyou to the people who weren't childish with the unnecessary sarcasm in their replies. I appreciate that.

Calling people childish seems unnecessary. People respond to different kinds of criticism and when an OP is doing something extremely harmful all kinds of responses are going to come out to discourage it with the hope that at least one of the responses will get through.

I follow directions better when they're given to me like an adult. I got rid of facebook for that reason. Trying to get help with this app is turning into the same thing. Smh
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Thankyou to the people who weren't childish with the unnecessary sarcasm in their replies. I appreciate that.

Calling people childish seems unnecessary. People respond to different kinds of criticism and when an OP is doing something extremely harmful all kinds of responses are going to come out to discourage it with the hope that at least one of the responses will get through.

I follow directions better when they're given to me like an adult. I got rid of facebook for that reason. Trying to get help with this app is turning into the same thing. Smh

If you don't like it, get rid of your phone, tv and internet provider.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The most I see these kinds of posts the more I'm convinced they're for attention.....
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

It's probably because we assume most 'adults' can figure out netting 100 calories of energy per day isn't a particularly good idea on their own.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    According to your OP, you're trying to live on 100 calories a day. If your numbers are accurate, that's simply not doable. You want your net calories to be at least1200, so that's 1200 after exercise.
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    Didn't think it was that big of a deal.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Between your first post in this thread and your first response, posters here don't know if you're a seriously misguided poster, under a doctor's supervision, trolling us (more common that you'd think), or what. You got a variety of responses based on the variety of ways that people interpreted your first post. I hate to use the phrase, but this really is the way that the internet tends to work. No one knows you, no one knows what kind of responses are going to resonate with you. Coming back to call people names because they tried a path that didn't work with you is going to frustrate you to no end on this particular site.

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

That's like saying you didn't report witnessing a kidnapping because it didn't have anything to do with you.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Using this app is dimple:

Set your goal at around 0.5lb for every 25lbs you're overweight

Eat that

When you exercise, log 50% of the calories and eat them

Weigh your food, all of it ..log it accurately: select verified / usda database entries

Do not net below 1200 calories on average per day across the week

Need more into?

Read the OP in

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

And

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    *simple
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    It's definitely not for attention I get enough of that where I'm at in life. I was only trying to get helpful feedback. And I've gotten enough :) thank you guys
  • dougwebb57
    Options

That's like saying you didn't report witnessing a kidnapping because it didn't have anything to do with you.

Seriously! Wow.. Smh
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Awwww
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Using this app is dimple:

Set your goal at around 0.5lb for every 25lbs you're overweight

Eat that

When you exercise, log 50% of the calories and eat them

Weigh your food, all of it ..log it accurately: select verified / usda database entries

Do not net below 1200 calories on average per day across the week

Need more into?

Read the OP in

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

And

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Thank you!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you were truly netting 100 calories per day, you'd be dropping weight rapidly. How many lbs are you losing per week? Don't make 900 calories your goal. Pick a goal of at least 1200 calories and learn to log accurately.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    If you've been low calorie like you say for a bit you are going to get a water weight scale adjustment upwards ...be brave

Ride it out for a few weeks

It WILL settle and drop again

Healthily

But your skin, hair, nails will thank you

(Also lift heavy ..progressive ...muscles rock in giving you a tight body)