rabbitjb wrote: »
    *simple

I prefer dimples.

dimples.jpg

THE ADORABLENESS ! IT BURNS !
  • dougwebb57
    dougwebb57 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    it may not be 100 calories exactly maybe give or take... my diary is public and I have accurately logged everything that I've eaten and my exercise. I don't get hungry I actually feel like I'm eating too much. Guess I could start smoking w3ed or something. :s
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    If you've been low calorie like you say for a bit you are going to get a water weight scale adjustment upwards ...be brave

Ride it out for a few weeks

It WILL settle and drop again

Healthily

But your skin, hair, nails will thank you

(Also lift heavy ..progressive ...muscles rock in giving you a tight body)

I started doing it this way on the 21st of this month so its only been about 10 days but thank you
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    dougwebb57 wrote: »
    Thankyou to the people who weren't childish with the unnecessary sarcasm in their replies. I appreciate that.

Calling people childish seems unnecessary. People respond to different kinds of criticism and when an OP is doing something extremely harmful all kinds of responses are going to come out to discourage it with the hope that at least one of the responses will get through.
    It's possible that the OP was trying to help them. If they're behaving childishly and she points it out, it will help them, even if it seems mean. That "helping with The Brutal Truth" thing has to accepted if it's going to be used, don't you think?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Thankyou to the people who weren't childish with the unnecessary sarcasm in their replies. I appreciate that.

Calling people childish seems unnecessary. People respond to different kinds of criticism and when an OP is doing something extremely harmful all kinds of responses are going to come out to discourage it with the hope that at least one of the responses will get through.

I follow directions better when they're given to me like an adult. I got rid of facebook for that reason. Trying to get help with this app is turning into the same thing. Smh

It's probably because we assume most 'adults' can figure out netting 100 calories of energy per day isn't a particularly good idea on their own.

Omfg_ea08c6_2308423.jpg

And OP...lighten up a bit...you'll live longer.

685538eb8d2aebe5c6acf20042678da4d895935e878caa07825cee215771b144.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it may not be 100 calories exactly maybe give or take... my diary is public and I have accurately logged everything that I've eaten and my exercise. I don't get hungry I actually feel like I'm eating too much. Guess I could start smoking w3ed or something. :s

Sorry that's not accurate logging

You need to weigh on a digital scale in grammes

You need to pick database items with care ..it's a stupid thing but celery has calories...there I'll be lots more serious errors in there I will bet
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

I looked at your diary and... while you do log, it's not accurate.

June 27th for example, 606 calories for 1 cup of corn? 46 calories for 100g of chicken? Those numbers are waaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Start weighing your food and choose entries that are either verified or have several confirmations.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    On Monday, you had half a bowl of "large salad". Did you enter the ingredients in the recipe builder, or find and entry you thought was similar to what you were eating?

On Sunday, you had an Applebee's salad, with Olive Garden salad dressing. Did you eat at Applebees, or Olive Garden?

How do you manage to find eggs that weigh the same every single day?

You've only been logging for about a week. Hit 1200 calories per day, log accurately, and you'll lose weight. Don't pick random entries from the database, or other people's homemade recipes. Enter your own, so that you have a more accurate calorie count.
  • dougwebb57
    Options

You need to pick database items with care ..it's a stupid thing but celery has calories...there I'll be lots more serious errors in there I will bet

Well then I'm getting more calories then I thought. So that's good. I use the barcode scanner for everything that I eat so that I don't have to look it up
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Also You are not burning 600+ calories for 40 mins zumba - maybe 250-300

This is your learning curve
  • Sued0nim
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Dp
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Childish? I know you are, but what am I?
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I looked at your diary and... while you do log, it's not accurate.

June 27th for example, 606 calories for 1 cup of corn? 46 calories for 100g of chicken? Those numbers are waaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Start weighing your food and choose entries that are either verified or have several confirmations.

I also thought that was a little weird lol. Thank you
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Definitely this too.

Assume you burn half of what you're logging for exercise.

I don't think I've ever burned more than 400 calories in an hour for Zumba.
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    On Monday, you had half a bowl of "large salad". Did you enter the ingredients in the recipe builder, or find and entry you thought was similar to what you were eating?

On Sunday, you had an Applebee's salad, with Olive Garden salad dressing. Did you eat at Applebees, or Olive Garden?

You've only been logging for about a week. Hit 1200 calories per day, log accurately, and you'll lose weight. Don't pick random entries from the database, or other people's homemade recipes. Enter your own, so that you have a more accurate calorie count.

oh okay yes for the salad I did pick the one with the most calories that I seen so that I could get in the calories for that day. so I have to log every thing I put in the salad separately?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Well then I'm getting more calories then I thought. So that's good. I use the barcode scanner for everything that I eat so that I don't have to look it up

I just want to hit on a couple of quick points about logging. First, the barcode scanner is prone to the same kinds of inaccuracies as the rest of the user entered entries. I love the scanner and use it for everything, but I'll have days where about half of the entries it pulls up are off. Be sure that you're double-checking the entry against the nutrition label.

The second important part of logging is portion sizes. Labels don't always give you the full picture. Companies don't have to be as accurate as we like when they label how much is in a package or how many servings it contains. That gets even trickier when you look at things like fish filets or chicken breasts. One filet might be four ounces and another is 8, but the package averages it out to 6 ounce serving sizes. It sucks, but you do have to be aware of how large your serving size is compared to the promised size.
  • dougwebb57
    Options
    oftentimes I just pick a random category like lunch breakfast snack or dinner to add in everything because I eat little bit throughout the day and I don't pay attention to the time
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

oh okay yes for the salad I did pick the one with the most calories that I seen so that I could get in the calories for that day. so I have to log every thing I put in the salad separately?

Logging each individual ingredient is the most accurate way. If your salad is only low calorie items like veggies, it may not be a huge deal. But if you're not seeing the results that you want, then breaking down the ingredients to be sure can be a really great way to trouble-shoot what's stalling your weight changes. Even if it's just for a little while as you get used to logging and serving sizes and whatnot.

• dougwebb57
    Options

ok cool I'll just have to step it up. they chose the calorie count and I had no clue so I agreed
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I would. It doesn't really take that long. What if the salad you logged was lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and onion, and the salad you actually ate was lettuce, black olives, onion and cheese? You'd end up with very different calorie counts.

I use the recipe builder for foods I eat often. I have a particular spinach salad that I love and I always put the same ingredients in. I saved it in my recipes, and it's really easy to log when I have that for lunch.