Cauliflower Waffles

Options

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Oh good lord, there is a recipe for them.............................

Savory Cauliflower Waffles (V/GF)
    150g or 2 cups cauliflower
    1 tbsp ground flaxseed (3 tbsp water)
    20g or 2 tbsp oat bran
    30g or 3 tbsp garbanzo flour
    15g or 1 tbsp yellow onion
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp chives
    1 tsp parsley
    3 tbsp almond milk or water
    1/5 tsp baking powder
    Dash of salt and pepper

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:sick:
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying I would try Balut (if I had some alcohol in me, probably, I'll try most things) but I'm also saying I wouldnt sit here and say "Oh my god, thats so disgusting." I wouldnt know. Maybe its delicious. It must be somewhat good its a very popular dish in other areas.

I do draw my own personal line at anything involving fecal matter- i.e. I dont want monkeys processing my coffee beans before I get the chance. But thats not a reaction to taste, just, horrified.

I agree, if you have no problems controlling your calories, or want to splurge or indulge every once and a while, go for it. But, if those aren't options for you, or not really attainable, cauliflower away my friend.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Honestly that first cauliflower recipe sounds good, it sounds like traditional potato cakes, which is a dish Grandma used to make. They are spicy, hearty, and wonderful. Cauliflower could add an interesting dimension.

Dont act like a two year old and turn up your nose at food when you havent even tried it. It might be wonderfully delicious, or, it might taste like total *kitten*. But YOU dont know.
    Lol, so would you try this?

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

I love waffles. I just see no need make a substitute for them, IF one knows how to control their calories.

IDEA Fitness member

Everyone doesn't substitute for the sake of calories. There are people like myself that are gluten intolerant and have celiac disease and gluten found in flour for waffles, pizza, bread, etc makes us sick, very, very sick.

YOU would be the last person I would expect to see making fun of someone that can't have gluten due to allergies and such. Shame on you.

If I saw that my trainer had pulled something like this, I would drop them so fast and find a way to notify all of his / her customers of what a jerk they were.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    What's next? Kale waffles?

I'm gluten free and pretty desperate for pizza, so I might try the cauliflower crust, but I draw a line at waffles. Seriously, maple syrup and cauliflower have no business meeting one another.

Couldn't you make a pizza crust with rice flour? I realize gluten is what gives the crust the elasticity, but surely rice flour would be closer to the real thing than cauliflower.

Some people like myself can not even have rice flour due to a protein in the rice that the body can react just like it is gluten.

Muscle and joint aches and pains are no fun and neither is the digestive issues that accompany either.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Ha! These cauliflower recipes are sooo getting out of hand. And what's funny is there is an actual recipe for cauliflower waffles. :noway:

I have a great cauliflower recipe! Steam it with a bit of salt & pepper. Or roast it with a bit of olive oil, crushed garlic, s&p!

I know...too boring.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is on this earth for eating;

Raw whilst chopping it up.

Steamed with a roast dinner.

Roasted in the oven with a roast dinner.

Steamed with a little bechamel sauce and some parmesan grated on top.

Curry.

Always al dente/tender crisp. Never sludgy, never pureed, NEVER turned into a rubbish approximation of another food.

Nothing else.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    i only eat cauliflower covered in cheese sauce!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ha! These cauliflower recipes are sooo getting out of hand. And what's funny is there is an actual recipe for cauliflower waffles. :noway:

I have a great cauliflower recipe! Steam it with a bit of salt & pepper. Or roast it with a bit of olive oil, crushed garlic, s&p!

I know...too boring.

I'll consider it the equivalence of the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse saddling up when I see a recipe for cauliflower ice cream.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

I know...too boring.

Why is it any of your business what someone chooses to do with a vegetable that they purchased for their consumption in the manner they see fit?

Maybe that person has celiac disease and wants to enjoy pizza and can't have grains due to the issues that it causes with having celiac disease.
  • tamrob23
    tamrob23 Posts: 1
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry anymore. :sick:

yup. I love raw, cold cauliflower,but every time I try to make something with it, I just can't stomach it. I hate the way it tastes used as a substitute in stuff. blegh
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Honestly that first cauliflower recipe sounds good, it sounds like traditional potato cakes, which is a dish Grandma used to make. They are spicy, hearty, and wonderful. Cauliflower could add an interesting dimension.

Dont act like a two year old and turn up your nose at food when you havent even tried it. It might be wonderfully delicious, or, it might taste like total *kitten*. But YOU dont know.

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

I love waffles. I just see no need make a substitute for them, IF one knows how to control their calories.

IDEA Fitness member

I personally have a need for a waffle substitute. I don't eat grains or gluten. Why does it matter if I want waffle alternatives?
    If you had no problem with grains or gluten, would you substitute? That was my point.

IDEA Fitness member

Yes, because I'm not here just for the calories.

What, exactly, is your 'point'? That people should just eat what you think is important and skip those icky alternatives? Why mock it? Diet is very personal.

So, what does it matter that I want waffle alternatives?
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    What's next? Kale waffles?

I'm gluten free and pretty desperate for pizza, so I might try the cauliflower crust, but I draw a line at waffles. Seriously, maple syrup and cauliflower have no business meeting one another.

Couldn't you make a pizza crust with rice flour? I realize gluten is what gives the crust the elasticity, but surely rice flour would be closer to the real thing than cauliflower.

Some people like myself can not even have rice flour due to a protein in the rice that the body can react just like it is gluten.

Muscle and joint aches and pains are no fun and neither is the digestive issues that accompany either.

Rice flower is also super high in cals compared to wheat flour!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Actually, I DO have a recipe for it!!

I made Cauliflower Pancakes that I'm sure would work as well for Waffles!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

BALUT- duck embryo

IDEA Fitness member

Everyone doesn't substitute for the sake of calories. There are people like myself that are gluten intolerant and have celiac disease and gluten found in flour for waffles, pizza, bread, etc makes us sick, very, very sick.

YOU would be the last person I would expect to see making fun of someone that can't have gluten due to allergies and such. Shame on you.

If I saw that my trainer had pulled something like this, I would drop them so fast and find a way to notify all of his / her customers of what a jerk they were.

:flowerforyou:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

BALUT- duck embryo

IDEA Fitness member

I lost all respect I had for Ninerbuff because of this. I never thought he was the type to mock and make fun of what others ate.

Sadly, I was wrong.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. :sick:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying I would try Balut (if I had some alcohol in me, probably, I'll try most things) but I'm also saying I wouldnt sit here and say "Oh my god, thats so disgusting." I wouldnt know. Maybe its delicious. It must be somewhat good its a very popular dish in other areas.

I do draw my own personal line at anything involving fecal matter- i.e. I dont want monkeys processing my coffee beans before I get the chance. But thats not a reaction to taste, just, horrified.

I agree, if you have no problems controlling your calories, or want to splurge or indulge every once and a while, go for it. But, if those aren't options for you, or not really attainable, cauliflower away my friend.
    Thing is I've NEVER said it was disgusting. I stated that I find the cauliflower substitutions "amusing". Taste is subjective.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

IDEA Fitness member

Really, where have I made fun of people who are gluten intolerant? I haven't. It's the people who are trying to SAVE CALORIES that the parody (like others have) is about.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

BALUT- duck embryo

IDEA Fitness member

Funny on your first post you are saying no way to it.:huh:

IDEA Fitness member