Facial Hair or Clean Shaven?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the guy. Some look good with a little bit of facial hair....others not so much. However, I can say I am NOT a fan of a full on beard.
  • 4jamaica
    4jamaica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've determined that a man should have a beard if he has a weak chin. It hides the chin and makes us focus on his eyes and smile beneath the fur. If a guy has a really strong jawline or a prominent chin, it's a sh***ng shame to cover it up with a full beard. Clean shaven is nice or a bit of shadow & scruff.

Mustaches alone should be reserved for men over 50. Nothing sexier than a salt & pepper mustache a la Sam Elliot, but before then, it either looks fake or reminds me of Hitler. Both are not good looks, IMO.

Goatees are fine if it fits the "whole package" of the guy--you have to have some attitude to pull off a goatee. A shaved head with a goatee can really be sexy. A hipster kind of dude can have one too. You need a bit of style to get it to be the right shape, though so it doesn't look like you just forgot to shave.

Long side burns--I have yet to see a man in real life look good with this option. If you are a male model, go ahead and rock it, but otherwise, all it does is make your face look extra narrow and take away the emphasis from your cheekbones.