Diet pop/soda

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'll be quite honest, though it may not have any calories, sugars, etc. in it, it is highly toxic to your body. It has many ingredients that have been tested to cause cancer in rats, and actually the artificial sugar still triggers your brain that it's sugar and (normally) causes you to crave foods that are fatty and sugary -- leading to weight gain. It has no positives. This is just my opinion after reading and researching it since I started my weightloss journey. Now don't get me wrong, I have one every now and then.. But never everyday. Water, naturally flavored water with fruit, and unsweetened tea are your best options for optimal health and nutrition.

Did you read MAD magazine and The Onion for your "research"?

No actually. But I would love to know the positives you can get from this, since apparently I have the wrong interpretation. Coke isn't good for you.. So why would Diet Coke with an artificial sugar be any better than what they say about cokes? The government may allow it in our food, but that doesn't make it nutritionally valuable. It also allows HFCS, Soy Lecthin, Mono and Di Glycerides etc. but those are definitely not beneficial to our bodies.
    And also... It even says artificial. It's fake. Made to taste sweeter than sugar.
    I wasn't trying to get into some big debate, but never have I heard anyone say that diet coke is good for you and your weightloss. All it does is feed chemicals into your body. The fake sugar triggers your body and makes your insulin go up causing your body to 1) make you wanna eat all the food with no survivors and 2) resulting in weight gain.
    I'm simply stating what I have seen in documentaries, research articles, health magazines, trainers, etc. if you read something that says diet coke is good for you check to see who is sponsoring the advertisement, article, commercial or whatever. I see diet coke as bad for you, and that's how I will always view it.

Oh. Right. Good luck to you and all of your fitness goals.

catintinfoilhat.jpg

Thanks. I've lost 105 pounds. ☺️

I have lost 121 pounds drinking, in moderation, diet soda. I also reverse my heart disease and I am in excellent health!! ;)

Just cause you "read" it on the internet doesn't mean it's truth.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and Mentos is never a good combo though...........

mentos-coke-o.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is tasty. That's my only criteria for deciding whether or not to consume it.

I drink water like a fiend. I have no worries about a little bit of tasty, happy bubbles adding to my fluid consumption for the day.
  • jmule24
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is tasty. That's my only criteria for deciding whether or not to consume it.

I drink water like a fiend. I have no worries about a little bit of tasty, happy bubbles adding to my fluid consumption for the day.

BUT, BUT CHEMIKILLZ......CHEMIKILLZZZZZ!!!! (see what I did there..............)

anyyyywhooooo...... the REAL debate in this thread should be........

IS IT SODA or IS IT POP?!?!?!?!?!?

• 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I used to swear by one coke zero a day but since have gone cold turkey and drink only unsweetened iced tea or water.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »

BUT, BUT CHEMIKILLZ......CHEMIKILLZZZZZ!!!! (see what I did there..............)

Or a "COKE"

(and duh, it's clearly Pop)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I'll be quite honest, though it may not have any calories, sugars, etc. in it, it is highly toxic to your body. It has many ingredients that have been tested to cause cancer in rats, and actually the artificial sugar still triggers your brain that it's sugar and (normally) causes you to crave foods that are fatty and sugary -- leading to weight gain. It has no positives. This is just my opinion after reading and researching it since I started my weightloss journey. Now don't get me wrong, I have one every now and then.. But never everyday. Water, naturally flavored water with fruit, and unsweetened tea are your best options for optimal health and nutrition.

Did you read MAD magazine and The Onion for your "research"?

No actually. But I would love to know the positives you can get from this, since apparently I have the wrong interpretation. Coke isn't good for you.. So why would Diet Coke with an artificial sugar be any better than what they say about cokes? The government may allow it in our food, but that doesn't make it nutritionally valuable. It also allows HFCS, Soy Lecthin, Mono and Di Glycerides etc. but those are definitely not beneficial to our bodies.
    And also... It even says artificial. It's fake. Made to taste sweeter than sugar.
    I wasn't trying to get into some big debate, but never have I heard anyone say that diet coke is good for you and your weightloss. All it does is feed chemicals into your body. The fake sugar triggers your body and makes your insulin go up causing your body to 1) make you wanna eat all the food with no survivors and 2) resulting in weight gain.
    I'm simply stating what I have seen in documentaries, research articles, health magazines, trainers, etc. if you read something that says diet coke is good for you check to see who is sponsoring the advertisement, article, commercial or whatever. I see diet coke as bad for you, and that's how I will always view it.

Oh. Right. Good luck to you and all of your fitness goals.

catintinfoilhat.jpg

Thanks. I've lost 105 pounds. ☺️
    112 pounds here. Great blood pressure and blood work. It's almost like weight can be lost with or without diet drinks, according to the person's own preferences.

• IndigoSpider
    IndigoSpider Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Or a "COKE"

Yeah, "Coke" seems to cover all dark sodas (ie: coke, pepsi, dr P, etc.) around these parts. However, nope, wrong, it is SODA! ;-)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

Or a "COKE"

Yeah, "Coke" seems to cover all dark sodas (ie: coke, pepsi, dr P, etc.) around these parts. However, nope, wrong, it is SODA! ;-)
    "Coke" does not cover Dr Pepper. Heathen.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Or a "COKE"

I've always gone with "soda", but clearly, the nation is divided.

pop_vs_soda_map.gif

Man those Alaskans are schizo...

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink tea these days. But man, I'm craving a Diet Dr. Pepper right now. I think I'll go have one.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

It's a party in mah mouf.

Considering the fact that I've injected myself with both dihydroergotamine and adalimumab (chemical cocktails, both of 'em!!!!!) today, I can handle some aspartame.

Which brings me to my subtle point to the anti-chemical person. Let's see if she gets it.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Be careful, diet soda contains dihydrogen monoxide which has been linked to millions of deaths worldwide.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Chemicalz! Toxinz! I guess I'm doomed because I do....

pxdpm2paluap.jpg
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

I moved from Colorado to Missouri less than a year ago. From what I've learned thus far from living here, that topic alone could start a MFP war like you've never seen. :P

Personally, I aim for one diet soda at the end of each week (sometimes I break on Monday mornings, too). The only reason for that limitation is because I feel like I don't get enough water otherwise. I don't see anything wrong or potentially unhealthy with that rate of intake.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @ceoverturf took the words right out of my mouth...
  • jmule24
    Options

It's a party in mah mouf.

Considering the fact that I've injected myself with both dihydroergotamine and adalimumab (chemical cocktails, both of 'em!!!!!) today, I can handle some aspartame.

Which brings me to my subtle point to the anti-chemical person. Let's see if she gets it.

hehehe......that made me chuckle....... Migranes and Arthritis...you win the pain award today!!!!