21 day Sugar Detox?

Options

Replies

• LiveLighterLife
    LiveLighterLife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Peah09 wrote: »
    Anyone answer the poor lady or go on sugar craze lol I have been using honey in place of sugar for recipes for my kids that's a great alternative

for the record, honey contains sugar.
    Yes but she was asking for ideas to replace granulated sugar, right? That was the question I believe

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Anyone answer the poor lady or go on sugar craze lol I have been using honey in place of sugar for recipes for my kids that's a great alternative

for the record, honey contains sugar.
    Yes but she was asking for ideas to replace granulated sugar, right? That was the question I believe

no, she wants a sugar detox, for some strange reason.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    acmiranda7 wrote: »
    Sugar is poison to our bodies! Fructose from fruits is digested slowly and our bodies need this kind of sweets. White cane sugar and flour anything turns to sugar and then fat. I've eliminated all sugars and grains for 30 days and I eat veggies nuts plain European full fat yogurt, meat and fruits. I'm down 10 lbs
    Sugar is poison to our bodies! Fructose from fruits is digested slowly and our bodies need this kind of sweets. White cane sugar and flour anything turns to sugar and then fat. I've eliminated all sugars and grains for 30 days and I eat veggies nuts plain European full fat yogurt, meat and fruits. I'm down 10 lbs

Thank you! I did the same for a month as well and lost 5 pounds and everyone around me noticed it. Sugar is a POISON to our bodies.

The single word that describes these posts is "wrong".
  • brianpperkins
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sugar is not a "poison" ... therefore the content of those posts is wrong. Simple concept.

• Nataysha88
    Nataysha88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sugar has a horrible effect on my body and I stay as far away from it a s possible.. going without it can be a major shock to the system and the withdrawals are hard! (Hence maybe the word detox) it can make you feel 10 times worse ! but after about 2 weeks you will start to feel like a whole new person, full of energy :smile: It's 100% worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Try and eat as natural as possible, veggies, grains, meats, poultry, try plain Greek yogurt with a bit of Cinnamon it is a great way to elevate you blood sugar levels. Good Luck
  • LiveLighterLife
    LiveLighterLife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    But couldn't it be possible the processed sugar is a cause of many diseases but it is the leader in selling most our food and to admit that it's being overused by Americans would only cause more problems for the Fda so they say nothing and let it continue to be a big part of food being produced in our stores.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    But couldn't it be possible the processed sugar is a cause of many diseases but it is the leader in selling most our food and to admit that it's being overused by Americans would only cause more problems for the Fda so they say nothing and let it continue to be a big part of food being produced in our stores.

Perhaps you should learn about sugar from reliable sources, not scare based psuedo-documentaries. Glucose, regardless of source, is processed identically by the body. The same goes for fructose and sucrose. Sugar from chickpeas is processed the same as sugar from a Coke. Sugar quite simply is not a poison. Period.

If you are the one flagging posts that are not violations of the rules, that is a violation in itself.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Sugar has a horrible effect on my body and I stay as far away from it a s possible.. going without it can be a major shock to the system and the withdrawals are hard! (Hence maybe the word detox) it can make you feel 10 times worse ! but after about 2 weeks you will start to feel like a whole new person, full of energy :smile: It's 100% worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Try and eat as natural as possible, veggies, grains, meats, poultry, try plain Greek yogurt with a bit of Cinnamon it is a great way to elevate you blood sugar levels. Good Luck

but greek yogurt has sugar in it….
  • ndj1979
    Options

no, that is ridiculous.

• ndj1979
    Options

Thank you! I did the same for a month as well and lost 5 pounds and everyone around me noticed it. Sugar is a POISON to our bodies.

If it's poison, why am I not dead?

because fiber...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

And I'm down 83, eating stuff like this on occasion (actually, literally ate today).

lr6ianeezs5p.jpg

And just for your perusal.

8w1yvwc0uark.jpg

If you don't want to eat sugar, don't. But calling it poison is nothing short of ridiculous.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I just ate Talenti chocolate peanut butter cup, how long do I have to live???
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    things that are poisons: arsenic, hemlock, deadly nightshade, yew berries etc etc

things that are not poison: glucose, fructose, sucrose, lactose etc

learn the difference people, it may just save your life

I like this post. But I will say that I think lactose is evil! But that could be because my body refuses to make lactase, no matter how hard I try to make it do so. Good thing there are lactase pills - otherwise I'd be doomed to never eat cheese and ice cream (not together) or doomed to have constant bowel issues :wink:

For those of you who think sugar is poison - if it's poison then why are there several tissues in the body that only use sugar (glucose) for energy? Brain, eyes, kidneys, red blood cells - they only like glucose and don't do well with other forms of energy. I think you want those things, but hey, I could be wrong, maybe you don't.

Too much sugar is bad, too little sugar is bad (ask any diabetic). All things in moderation - including moderation :smiley: That said, if you want to cut down your sugar intake because you think it's too high, then I applaud you, but since I don't cook I have no recipes for you. Sorry :neutral:
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I quit sugar but it wasn't a detox.
  • njnz
    njnz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sarah Wilson has 100's of recipe ideas. Start here: https://iquitsugar.com/