21 day Sugar Detox?

Options

Replies

• Nataysha88
    Nataysha88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Sugar has a horrible effect on my body and I stay as far away from it a s possible.. going without it can be a major shock to the system and the withdrawals are hard! (Hence maybe the word detox) it can make you feel 10 times worse ! but after about 2 weeks you will start to feel like a whole new person, full of energy :smile: It's 100% worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Try and eat as natural as possible, veggies, grains, meats, poultry, try plain Greek yogurt with a bit of Cinnamon it is a great way to elevate you blood sugar levels. Good Luck

but greek yogurt has sugar in it….

It Sure Does ! I Keep It Below 4g Per 150g.
    Most Foods Have A Small Amount Of Sugar In Them But If I Can Keep My Intake Below 25g a Day Its A Good Day :smile:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Sugar has a horrible effect on my body and I stay as far away from it a s possible.. going without it can be a major shock to the system and the withdrawals are hard! (Hence maybe the word detox) it can make you feel 10 times worse ! but after about 2 weeks you will start to feel like a whole new person, full of energy :smile: It's 100% worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Try and eat as natural as possible, veggies, grains, meats, poultry, try plain Greek yogurt with a bit of Cinnamon it is a great way to elevate you blood sugar levels. Good Luck

Most Foods Have A Small Amount Of Sugar In Them But If I Can Keep My Intake Below 25g a Day Its A Good Day :smile:

Complete aside: Can I ask why you do The Caps Thing On Every Word? I've noticed other people doing it, too, and wondered what the intent is?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

You stated earlier that you "stay as far away from it as possible" but coupled it with " a great way to elevate" blood sugar. You admit to eating things with sugars. The contradictions are astounding.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

If sugar is so bad then why is 25 grams or less OK?

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Maybe the poison doesn't activate until you hit 26 grams.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Sugar is so evil that the body can produce it from non-carbohydrate sources ... that seems to contradict the sugar is poison, sugar is horrible position expressed here.
  • skinnygirly23
    skinnygirly23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I said something about sugar on here and you'd think I knocked the candy bar outta peoples hands. lol. Look on the internet for some tips. The fact that you want sugar outta your diet is a personal decision. The less sugar you eat the less you crave, I cut out sugar a while back and now I don't hardly look twice at it. Good luck!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I said something about sugar on here and you'd think I knocked the candy bar outta peoples hands. lol. Look on the internet for some tips. The fact that you want sugar outta your diet is a personal decision. The less sugar you eat the less you crave, I cut out sugar a while back and now I don't hardly look twice at it. Good luck!

funny I eat 70 grams a day, or more, and I don't crave it at all ..

yea, google sugar on the internet that sounds like a great strategy to learn nothing.

• ndj1979
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Maybe the poison doesn't activate until you hit 26 grams.

right, is that when the fiber runs out?
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Cutting out sugar (truly eliminating the "poison") requires eliminating fruits and vegetables from one's diet. Carbohydrates, which are predominantly consumed in the form of sugars, are one of three macronutrients the body needs. Weight loss from low carb is primarily in the form of water weight as the muscles no longer store their preferred source of rapidly available energy ... once the body has again has the opportunity to store glycogen, it does along with the required water resulting in a weight fluctuation.

How a person divides their macronutrient ratios is a personal choice. Demonizing any of the macros with fallacies is not required and fallacies must be corrected.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Complete aside: Can I ask why you do The Caps Thing On Every Word? I've noticed other people doing it, too, and wondered what the intent is?

Maybe It's A Really Long Book Title!

(joke credit: @_incogNEATo_ )
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I did the same for a month as well and lost 5 pounds and everyone around me noticed it. Sugar is a POISON to our bodies.

Breast milk contains POISON!
  • ryanrieb
    ryanrieb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already, watch "Fed Up" on Netflix...
    I have been trying to eliminate added sugars from my diet...mainly by stopping soda etc. Yeah there's sugar in pretty much everything, but you really dont need all that sugar. When you eat things with added sugar you are not doing your body any good.. releasing all that insulin because you dont have the fiber with the sugar to aid in digestion.

Naturally occuring sugar isnt bad for you, its the straight up added sugars in food and especially fruit juices that are bad for you. I've been limiting added sugars for a week and a half now and I can already feel a difference in my body.

Watch "Fed Up," its an eye opener... and when you're done with that try out "Bite Size." Also on Netflix.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    ryanrieb wrote: »
    I have been trying to eliminate added sugars from my diet...mainly by stopping soda etc. Yeah there's sugar in pretty much everything, but you really dont need all that sugar. When you eat things with added sugar you are not doing your body any good.. releasing all that insulin because you dont have the fiber with the sugar to aid in digestion.

Naturally occuring sugar isnt bad for you, its the straight up added sugars in food and especially fruit juices that are bad for you. I've been limiting added sugars for a week and a half now and I can already feel a difference in my body.

Watch "Fed Up," its an eye opener... and when you're done with that try out "Bite Size." Also on Netflix.

tumblr_mkfm8dmzlI1rl2tqio1_500.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options

documentaries that fear monger have nothing to do with actual science.

why would fruit juice be bad, but fruit would be OK?????
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/does-the-movie-fed-up-make-sense/
  • WinoGelato
    Options

documentaries that fear monger have nothing to do with actual science.

why would fruit juice be bad, but fruit would be OK?????

Because fiber is the antidote to poison! Have you not been paying attention?
  • brianpperkins
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fed Up is bovine excrement. I fail to see the logic behind basing nutritional choices on a scare mongering pseudo-documentary that fails to withstand the most basic scientific scrutiny.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Fed Up is bovine excrement. I fail to see the logic behind basing nutritional choices on a scare mongering pseudo-documentary that fails to withstand the most basic scientific scrutiny.

But but but it's on Netflix! And Katie Couric. Must be legit, right?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

But but but it's on Netflix! And Katie Couric. Must be legit, right?

I tried to watch it last week and fell into a coma during opening credits. Still haven't seen it.