5'9" women, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Wow...I feel good...not! My goal is to get to 200 pounds. I'm 283 right now and I have a very large bone structure. I'm a size 22 right now, I'd be happy just to get to a size 14-16. *sigh*
    In my wild dreams, I hoped that maybe someday I could get back into a size 18, but I didn't think it would happen and saved only one pair of shorts in that size. When I began losing, I hoped to get to a 1X, maybe - MAYBE - under 200.

As you progress, the goals change! They drop. And success breeds more success. It's like an avalanche...but not lethal. :) The day I went from Obese to Overweight was a happy, happy day. And it was the same day I was like, "Okay, how much more work until I get to Normal?"

One day you will probably be saying, "I can't believe I thought 200 would be nice." I swear. It just hapoens.

Sick with your goals, but don't be surprised if they change! :)
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 8 at 158.4 pounds. i still feel like I could go a little lower like around 150 pounds. People have been telling me dont lose anymore weight, but I know exactly how I want to look and feel. They dont decide that :).
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'8" 185 and looking to get down to 160-165. I compete in BJJ and wanted to drop a weight class (cause 160 and up tends to be a HUGE disparity lol), but thats really the only time I care about the number on the scale.

I love and hate my build at the same time...cause I'm pretty much built like a brick sh*thouse lol. If women can be bearmode, I think I have a good shot at it :p
  • Teamhynes
    Teamhynes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5' 9" and my goal is about 160. Lowest I've ever been is about 150 and I start to look unhealthy after that. I don't have a smaller build (take after my Dad more than my Mom). I got T&A - always have :smile:
  • L_Cass
    L_Cass Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ekcarman wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" and am currently at 150 after putting on some office weight. I'm hoping to get back down to 135. That would put me at size 0 (for reference). I'm currently a size 4.

Interesting how different we all are - I'm 5'9" 150 lbs and inbetween a size 8 and 10. You must be a lot of muscle! I'm trying to get to 135 lbs. That's where I feel and look the best. I'm about a size 6 at that weight.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    I'm struggling with this. At 5'8 I'm hanging around at 129/130. Some days I think I feel too bony yet I still have tummy flab. After a busy summer I'm going to look into this recomp business.

Weight lifting for sure Ginger (road trip to CO and I'll show you how :p )! But we all still have a little bit of problem areas if we want to maintain a "normal" level of body fat. Mine is definitely my legs.

☺️
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    5'10 here and 153lbs. I have never been less than an 8 in my life. I was just "blessed" with wide hips and thighs. Even when I get to my goal of 145 I still probably be around an 8.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wow this is actually really interesting!

I'm 5'9 and currently between 165-170lbs - I'm a size 6 US and a small on the top. I honestly do not know if my body could get down to 120-130lbs....but its all good, I almost have abs, have rocking arms and can deadlift 245lbs - so I'm good lol
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 148 pounds at a size 4 or 6 depending on the brand. Before my last bulk and cut, I was the same weight at a solid size 8. It truly is all about body composition. I thought I wanted to get down to 135, but I'm just going to keep lifting heavy and try another bulk/cut.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It also depends on what you're doing for exercise. I personally don't step in the scale and am just focused on body fat percentage. I'm 5'8" and am at 170 but am in a size 8... DONT LET THE SCALE RULE YOU! focus on how u feel and if u must the size clothes u wear!
  • divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 8 in. Currently at 157. My Wii-fit wants me to weigh 145 lbs. Truth be told, I'd be happy anywhere in the 140s.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 159.4lb. My hips haven't caught up with my weight loss yet so I'm a UK 14 bottom/12 top. But my waist/bum are more like 12 so trousers just look a mess! Aiming for 140 which I think will make me look better all over.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    It's so interesting to see such HUGE differences in weight/body comp. I'm more like Psych101 as I lift. My ideal weight tends to be around 155-160 and I'm 5'9". I'm a size six at that weight with 22-24% body fat and can deadlift 230 (which I'm looking to increase along with my bench -- would love to get that up to 130 or so).
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 155. I'd settle for 157. That would put me in a size 10/12. My BMI range is 120-165.

10 years ago I did a crazy crash diet and starved myself down to 150 lbs (the diet clinic wanted me to keep losing another 10 lbs). I HATED my body as I had no curves and looked like a stick figure 12 year old boy. Of course, clothing fit me off the rack for the first time in my life, but whatever; I was miserable. Even at that too-low-for-me-weight, I never got smaller than a size 10. My hips and shoulders are just too broad.

Aim for within the range of 125-170, but precisely where you feel the best about yourself.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    At 5'9" I'm currently 150 lbs and size 10. 18 months ago I was 150 lbs and size 6/8.

It's all about body composition.

Ideally (long term) I'd like to be about 140 and size 6, but with the muscle wasting I've gone through from an autoimmune disease, I'll probably need to get closer to 130 to fit into my old clothes.
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sthoms2 wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" and I would like to get down to 155. I'm currently a little over 160. I mostly want to tighten up. I don't think I have even been a size 2.

Do you mind me asking what size jeans you wear now? My first goal weight is 170 I have never been thin (I am 5'9") always been 200+ since my pre-teens. My mom was my height and 127 and she looked sick. I know it all has to do with build and frame but I have no idea what my frame is..its always been covered in fat..so that is why 170 is my 1st goal weight
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and shooting for 175
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am 5 9 and at low 190's. I am also 47 so a bit more realistic on my goal. 180 would be wonderful. That would put me in 8/10 US size. Always looking for motivating partners in this struggle. If you feel you can relate - age/size or just wand to friend me - feel free (:
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    <160lbs - I'd take 159.9 at this point. And I've been big for so long that I no longer care what size that puts me in.