5'9" women, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    5'9", currently 133lbs, size 4-6. Hoping to run out my "noob gains" with my lifting program and see where that gets me, and then maybe run a bulk. Definitely not looking to lose any more weight! I started out at over 200 lbs because I gained a whole lot during my pregnancy.
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I don't think I've ever been a size 2. I went straight from a girls size to about a size 5/6 US. I was a string bean then at about age 12 with smaller breasts and almost no hips. Now I'm about 145-150 and down to about a size 12. I doubt I'll ever see less than a size 10. Between my hips which spread from having kids and long arms and legs (32-33" inseam) I don't think I would fit clothes well nor probably really look good in less than a 10.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I must update. I am no longer a hair under 5'9". They took my height at the doctor's because I wanted an exact number to do my BMI measurements with, lol. I am now a hair over 5'8".

I shrank. This getting older thing really bites.

I can't hang out in 5'9" threads anymore, lol.

Size 2 is still NOT FAT, though. That's crazy talk. :)
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and have gone from 320 to my first goal weight of 190 lbs. I have lots of loose skin so don't want to go too low as I would look awful! My new goal is to be about 185lbs. I am older (53) and can't exercise much.
  • jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and currently around 185 lbs. my goal weight is 170 lbs. I'm currently in a size 14.
  • NicoleMorris2015
    NicoleMorris2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and look great at 165ish. I would be a size 8/10 in pants. I'm currently 215 so I have a while to get there. This all just goes to show how different each of our bodies are.

Isn't it amazing how different but beautiful everyone is? Pretty cool. :)
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and looking to get back to 160-155 so I can fit into size 8 again! I'm medium to large size boned, depending on your scale, but I do currently have quite a bit of weight to lose to get back to that size 8. I'm guessing I could probably get to 150, but then I would start gaining muscle which would overtake any other fat loss.
  • eloise80
    eloise80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 9 and I felt fantastic at 160-165. Currently at 187 and am excited to only have 20ish more to go!! Oh and at that weight I'm a 10/12 and feel great- I don't need to be skinny just healthy and toned- and no double chins or back rolls lol
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 140 is my goal. Last summer I got down to 138 and looked great but it was a lot of work. 15 pounds came back, so 140 is a pretty realistic goal. At that weight I am a solid size 6 which is fine. Sometimes a 4--never a 2. I think we are too tall for a size 2 no matter what we weigh!
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh my...I am reading this thread and thinking even at my thinnest I've haven't seen single digit sizes since jr high. When I got married I was 5'7 at a 120 and wore a size 12 junior. Thirty plus years later I am at 171 and wear 12 or 14 missy and/or large. My goal is 150lbs...from there I will see how I feel and may go down another 10lbs. But seriously I don't think I will ever see single digits....I just wish they wouldn't put sizes in clothing...it makes me feel fat. sigh
  • criscat
    criscat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 currently at 147 and size 6-8. My goal weight is 115-120 and at that weight I'll be a 2-4. My lowest adult weight was around 110. I don't think that just because you age it is acceptable to conform to a higher weight. That is my personal opinion.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    criscat wrote: »
    I'm 5'7 currently at 147 and size 6-8. My goal weight is 115-120 and at that weight I'll be a 2-4. My lowest adult weight was around 110. I don't think that just because you age it is acceptable to conform to a higher weight. That is my personal opinion.
    @criscat what does that mean? What do you term a "higher weight"? Is your personal opinion that everybody of your height should be in the region of your goal? Which is medically underweight, with a BMI of 18 and in the region of needs to seek medical treatment

I sincerely hope you don't have daughters if I'm reading your post correctly
  • Charlenehh34
    Charlenehh34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 and the lowest I've ever been was 180 lbs and I still felt big so my goal is closer the the 140 range :)
  • Theoprastus
    Theoprastus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'10", but my goal weight is 150. Anything less than that with my bone structure (wide rib cage and hip bones) and I think it might look kinda weird, but if it doesn't I might go for 145.
  • jesseyboo
    jesseyboo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 120. I'm currently at around 126-124 so I'm close!! But honestly might go below 120. I'm trying to lose this stomach fat and finally its going down!! I started off at 145. im a size 5 but that's because i have a big butt
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    criscat wrote: »
    @criscat what does that mean? What do you term a "higher weight"? Is your personal opinion that everybody of your height should be in the region of your goal? Which is medically underweight, with a BMI of 18 and in the region of needs to seek medical treatment

I sincerely hope you don't have daughters if I'm reading your post correctly

Seconded.

http://www.michellebridges.com.au/bmi-calculator/

"You are (or would be) Underweight
    Being in the underweight category, you are at a higher risk of issues such as infertility, anaemia, osteoporosis, vitamin/ immune system deficiencies, and anorexia/bullemia. I strongly recommend you increase your daily caloric intake, reduce the amount of cardiovascular activity, and focus on weight bearing, strength-building exercises such as weight training. Increase your diet to include lean red meats, dark green leafy vegetables and increasing the amounts of healthy fats, such as olive oil."
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sthoms2 wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" and I would like to get down to 155. I'm currently a little over 160. I mostly want to tighten up. I don't think I have even been a size 2.

Do you mind me asking what size jeans you wear now? My first goal weight is 170 I have never been thin (I am 5'9") always been 200+ since my pre-teens. My mom was my height and 127 and she looked sick. I know it all has to do with build and frame but I have no idea what my frame is..its always been covered in fat..so that is why 170 is my 1st goal weight

I wear a size 8. When I was 170 I could fit in a 8 but it was really tight. Now size 8 fits me perfectly. I don't think I have a large frame but I do have wide hips and a butt. I can't imagine being 127. Some people like the thinner look but I don't. I like my curves. I also don't like men that are too thin but that is just my preference.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and look great at 165ish. I would be a size 8/10 in pants. I'm currently 215 so I have a while to get there. This all just goes to show how different each of our bodies are.

Isn't it amazing how different but beautiful everyone is? Pretty cool. :)

I agree. Different people look better at different sizes. I think it also depends on how much muscle you have. If you have more muscle you can be a higher weight and fit in a smaller size.
  • samanthag3088
    samanthag3088 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and would love to get down to 140lbs, I'm currently 190lbs. I look OK at 180, I've also seen myself at 160, which was pretty small, but I know I could look and feel much better. Therefore, I'm going for 140 this year.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @firstsoprano4him I totally get it! I just weighed in at 267 (highest weight was 288) and am a size 20 right now. I have incredibly large bone structure and heavy musculature. (Hello German milk maid, peasant stock!)
    My lowest weight was about 190 to 200 and I was a 12-14. I think if I could get back there I would be pretty happy with that. If I were to try to go under 180 I would be pretty unhealthy. I had to get over numbers a long time ago. The typical weights for my height 5'9 are simply not realistic for me.