5'9" women, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and at maintenance around 160lbs which makes me a size 4-8 US (8 -12 UK), dependent on brand and I love my body now

weight means nothing, I clearly scale weight much more than many here ... but my body is tight and taut cos muscles ... it's how you feel and look
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 140. I'm almost there now and a U.S. size 6 or 8.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 128lbs, but my bodyfat ratio is outta control. I don't care what number I reach so long as I can cut the jiggle and get some muscle definition.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    and once again proof that scale weight means diddly squat and it's all about the body composition
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my goal weight is 150 lbs. Even in high school when I was 130 I wore a size 8, so much about how clothing fits is how you are built (and how much muscle you carry around).
  • ncbeachybum
    ncbeachybum Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are all over the place. I am 5'9" with a medium size frame. I wear a size14 jeans and large/xlarge tops. I am 215 lbs right now...I literally just weighed. My goal is 175, which is my happy place and puts me comfortably in a size 8 jean and medium top. Any lower than that and I will just look sick. I haven't been a size 2 since the 4th grade.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 126, but wear anything from a US 4 to 8, depending on brand. I will never get to a smaller size than a 4 no matter my weight because I have stupid short torso, no waist to speak of and 'child bearing' hips. I hear burlap sacks are primed for a comeback.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I'm 5'8 @331lbs right now and would just be happy to get to 250. I have a large bone structure though and look sickly at 200. I couldn't even imagine less than 200. :(
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and as of this morning at 159lbs (up 4lbs water weight from an awesome weekend of drinkies and hot tub fun!)

My goal is 140lbs.
  • SharronRiddleHoudek
    SharronRiddleHoudek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, and I was 234 when I started. I'm 222 now after 20 days, and my goal weight, where I feel the healthiest, is around 150, at a size ten. I went down to a size 5 once in my life, but with my wide hips and shoulder, I looked emaciated. 10 is a good size for me. To everyone starting from a higher weight, go you! Seriously, you are starting on a journey that will make you feel better physically and mentally. Don't be discouraged by numbers. Just keep going - you can do it!
  • jkwolly
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    and once again proof that scale weight means diddly squat and it's all about the body composition
    Amen.

I am between a size 6-8 now, and at goal weight I'll be closer to a 2-4 (which I was before my gainz). All sew different!
    And now I have a way nicer booty too.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rats2010 wrote: »
    Wow.. I'm 5'8 @331lbs right now and would just be happy to get to 250. I have a large bone structure though and look sickly at 200. I couldn't even imagine less than 200. :(

You're kidding yourself ...200lbs is still in the obese category
    Exactly this!

It just may seem hard since the number is far away, but you would not look remotely sickly under 200.
  • mayabre90
    mayabre90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Size 2?! What do you weigh? Egads, I'm not even dreaming of size 2.

I'm a little under 5'9", with smaller bones. I'm thinking somewhere between 125 and 135 when I'm done. I can see forty more pounds coming off. I'm bouncing between 165 and 170 right now and wearing 12s (Ms and Ls) comfortably, so I don't think I'll be anywhere near a 2.

I started in size 3X and 24 solidly, so even where I am makes me happy. I don't care how low I go, size-wise.

If you're in a 2 and think you're "flabby" try lifting weights or something. You don't need to lose weight.

Wow that's amazing!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this. At 5'8 I'm hanging around at 129/130. Some days I think I feel too bony yet I still have tummy flab. After a busy summer I'm going to look into this recomp business.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit taller, but you've got shorter people 'weighing' in too, so why not.
    5'11
    CW: 142 (size 4-6, based on brands)
    GW: 139 (likely size 2-4)

Based on pictures of other women, I would say I am in the 21-23% BF range. I set my goal based on BMI. My goal BMI will be 19.4. I would be underweight if I dropped below 133 lbs. I am giving myself a 6 lb buffer.
  • Greenwaterwhitesand
    Greenwaterwhitesand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow great answers everyone! Lots of people with similar goals! I think I'll look into this recomp and weight lifting when my running season calms down! I agree I don't need to lose weight. I think I'll work on maintaining while gaining muscle. :) also since I didn't say earlier. I weigh between 120-130 which fluctuates a few lb monthly depending on Tom and how much I eat or drink ;) usually between 123-129. I have a ridiculously small frame so this is somewhat Normal for me. Never been over size 6 in my life because of genetics and sports
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    5'9" here... CW 150 I would LOVE to get down to 135 (that's what I weighed in college).

I'm currently a size 9/10 and in college when I was 135 I was a size 5/6. It would never be possible for me to get to a size 2
  • liftlovelunge
    liftlovelunge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 135lbs. I currently wear a size 6 pant and small or xs top, depending on the store. I would like to be 125-130 but am mostly focused on lowering my BF % as opposed to lowering my weight.

For comparison's sake, I was a size 2 when I was close to 110lbs, and a size 4 at 120-127ish.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    mayabre90 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Size 2?! What do you weigh? Egads, I'm not even dreaming of size 2.

I'm a little under 5'9", with smaller bones. I'm thinking somewhere between 125 and 135 when I'm done. I can see forty more pounds coming off. I'm bouncing between 165 and 170 right now and wearing 12s (Ms and Ls) comfortably, so I don't think I'll be anywhere near a 2.

I started in size 3X and 24 solidly, so even where I am makes me happy. I don't care how low I go, size-wise.

If you're in a 2 and think you're "flabby" try lifting weights or something. You don't need to lose weight.

Wow that's amazing!! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks, that's sweet of you. Long way to go!! Not celebrating too much yet!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    I'm struggling with this. At 5'8 I'm hanging around at 129/130. Some days I think I feel too bony yet I still have tummy flab. After a busy summer I'm going to look into this recomp business.

Weight lifting for sure Ginger (road trip to CO and I'll show you how :p )! But we all still have a little bit of problem areas if we want to maintain a "normal" level of body fat. Mine is definitely my legs.