5'9" women, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• mstry2me2
    mstry2me2 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    150-155, size 10 (I'm 1 pound away-YAY!). The qualifier is that I'm 63 years old. 30 years ago, the numbers were 20 pounds less. I've been as high as 185 and as low as 145 in my more senior years, but 150-155 is my healthy and maintainable range.
  • lozinit
    lozinit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 49 years old. My skeleton wouldn't fit in a size 2 anything! I'm 235 right now and comfortably in a size 16. 4 years ago when I lost a bunch of weight, I was at 190 in a size 10. Before I had my son, 23 years ago, I was 162 in size 8. My body has changed drastically over the years and I don't think I would look good being in the range the BMI puts me in, which is around 145. For my build, I think that would make me look way too skinny. My hip bones stick out at 190, I might hurt someone at 145!!
    I personally think we all have different body types, skeletal structure, & musculature, so there is no RIGHT weight for us to be at. Whatever size or weight makes you feel best & you are healthy, I say, go for that & don't worry about what anyone else says!!
    I'm shooting for 175 & I'll see how I feel there. I'm not interested in being a stick figure, I want to be healthy & happy when I look in the mirror. If that happens at 175 or 180 or whatever, I will know when I see it in the mirror & be happy with that!!
  • criscat
    criscat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    criscat wrote: »
    I'm 5'7 currently at 147 and size 6-8. My goal weight is 115-120 and at that weight I'll be a 2-4. My lowest adult weight was around 110. I don't think that just because you age it is acceptable to conform to a higher weight. That is my personal opinion.
    @criscat what does that mean? What do you term a "higher weight"? Is your personal opinion that everybody of your height should be in the region of your goal? Which is medically underweight, with a BMI of 18 and in the region of needs to seek medical treatment

I sincerely hope you don't have daughters if I'm reading your post correctly

By "higher weight" I mean higher than what you consider your personal best weight, the weight where you feel you are at your best, independent of age.

• jlmarsala320
    jlmarsala320 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'8 and 5'9 and currently 188lbs. My first goal is 175. Then, I'll reevaluate/celebrate (aka - excuse to buy some thing nice) I and gear up for goal number two - 170 and then five pound increments until I feel great or 150 lbs. I think, I'll feel best somewhere between 150 and 160, but I haven't been there for 10 years that is hard to remember. Firing into size 8 again would be lovely - I'm currently a US 14. Feel free to friend of you have a similar goal.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" with a boyish waist, bigger chest build. I am 2 months post partum and weigh 149. My goal is 135-138. That is where I look thin & feel fit. I think that would be a size 4 or 6. And sometimes I wear size 8 or 10 in dresses bc of the larger upper body.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 currently at 147 and size 6-8. My goal weight is 115-120 and at that weight I'll be a 2-4. My lowest adult weight was around 110. I don't think that just because you age it is acceptable to conform to a higher weight. That is my personal opinion.
    @criscat what does that mean? What do you term a "higher weight"? Is your personal opinion that everybody of your height should be in the region of your goal? Which is medically underweight, with a BMI of 18 and in the region of needs to seek medical treatment

I sincerely hope you don't have daughters if I'm reading your post correctly

By "higher weight" I mean higher than what you consider your personal best weight, the weight where you feel you are at your best, independent of age.

Agree in principle...unless clearly body dysmorphic in which case support from an eating disorder team may well be appropriate advice
  • csraymond84
    csraymond84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 175cm (early 30s woman). After reaching my initial goal of 143lbs (65kg) in April (from a starting weight of about 172lbs or 78kg) and finding that my lower body measurements were still larger than what I'd been aiming for, I revised it to 128lbs (approx 58kg).

I'm currently about 136lbs (61.7kg). The weight is dropping gradually but steadily. I revised my weight loss rate down to 0.2kg per week, and I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying the ride.

I've been a serial yo-yo dieter since my teens (I am early 30s now), with my weight fluctuating between the equally unhealthy (for me) extremes of 110lbs (50kg) and 187lbs (85kg). This is the first time in my adult life where the process of losing weight has been about making a sustainable lifestyle change, focusing on self-care and good health both now and into the future, rather than punishment for failing to meet some very unrealistic expectations of myself. It feels amazing. And only having experienced how good it is, do I realise how awful and ineffective it was to be stuck in the old cycle of binging, restricting and overexercising for so long.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've always been overweight and having lost 1.5 stone this year (currently 182 lbs) I am already at my lightest adult weight. All the women in my family have been curvy so I don't think I'll ever be tiny. For now my aim is to get down to 170 lbs and a UK size 12.
  • onewoodenleg2
    onewoodenleg2 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's fascinating how different people look/feel comfortable at different weights. I'm 5'8" and currently 133 lbs. My goal weight is 130. My easiest weight to maintain with no food tracking, a healthy diet, and moderate exercise is 133. When I get lazy and overeat for too long I go up to 140-145 pretty quickly. Right now in U.S. JCrew sizes I'm wearing a 2 in shirts and a 6 in pants (pants are a wee bit tight). I will never wear less than a 6 in pants. At my smallest I've been 128lbs and still wore a 6 - that's fine with me! :smile: I'm a pear shaped woman with medium boobs, a small waist, and medium-big hips. I have low natural musculature and put on very little muscle even with heavy weight training. I have small bones (except hips!). I get a double chin at 150 and wear size 14 pants. At 160 I look obese. I'm so jealous of those of you with lots of natural musculature/bigger bones - I like the strong look.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and my goal is 157. When I was previously at my lowest (168ish), I wore a size 8, almost size 6 jeans. Size 6 is where I want to be. :)
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I am 5'9 and as of this morning at 159lbs (up 4lbs water weight from an awesome weekend of drinkies and hot tub fun!)

My goal is 140lbs.

The same as me! I seem to have stopped here for about 5/6 weeks but I'm determined to lose a bit more :-)
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's fascinating how different people look/feel comfortable at different weights. I'm 5'8" and currently 133 lbs. My goal weight is 130. My easiest weight to maintain with no food tracking, a healthy diet, and moderate exercise is 133. When I get lazy and overeat for too long I go up to 140-145 pretty quickly. Right now in U.S. JCrew sizes I'm wearing a 2 in shirts and a 6 in pants (pants are a wee bit tight). I will never wear less than a 6 in pants. At my smallest I've been 128lbs and still wore a 6 - that's fine with me! :smile: I'm a pear shaped woman with medium boobs, a small waist, and medium-big hips. I have low natural musculature and put on very little muscle even with heavy weight training. I have small bones (except hips!). I get a double chin at 150 and wear size 14 pants. At 160 I look obese. I'm so jealous of those of you with lots of natural musculature/bigger bones - I like the strong look.

I've been doing strength training for 8 months now and I'm starting to get some muscle definition on my arms as they are slimming down nicely. I'm generally very happy with the entire of my top half, I just wish my hips, thighs and calves would catch up. I'm happy to wear halter necks any day now but skirts and shorts make me cringe. The cellulite doesn't help :wink:
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I am 5'9 and as of this morning at 159lbs (up 4lbs water weight from an awesome weekend of drinkies and hot tub fun!)

My goal is 140lbs.

Lol @ drinkies.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", though because of my scoliosis I should be approximately 6'1". I started at 270 lbs and a size 20/22.

I'm currently 207 lbs and wearing a 14/16 (on the 14 side now!). My goal is 180 lbs. I will probably be a solid size 12 at that weight; my hips are quite wide, and my bone structure is VERY large. I wear size 10.5 shoes, and my wrists are twice as wide as most women I know, as are my ankles.

I know that at 165 my ribs can be counted and my stomach caves inward (as do my thighs). It's not a good look.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Wow...I feel good...not! My goal is to get to 200 pounds. I'm 283 right now and I have a very large bone structure. I'm a size 22 right now, I'd be happy just to get to a size 14-16. *sigh*
    rats2010 wrote: »
    Wow.. I'm 5'8 @331lbs right now and would just be happy to get to 250. I have a large bone structure though and look sickly at 200. I couldn't even imagine less than 200. :(

Ladies! Ladies! Don't beat yourselves up! We are all different. Just remember to celebrate every little victory and let the set backs be learning experiences. Don't give up! Keep moving forward with each new day. We can ALL do this!

I'm 5'8". I started at 300, size 24. 2.5 years later and I am now 187 and just started wearing 14s.

I'm not sure where I'm headed weight and size wise, because I've never been any smaller than I am now, but I know that EVERY POSITIVE STEP ALONG THE WAY IS A VICTORY AND CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!
  • louislove17
    louislove17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 134, my goal is 120-125 :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Bloody hell

Your goal weight is clinically underweight

Slow, painful death ...via bad hair, skin, lack of energy, furry coating, system shutdown, blood pressure, heart attacks, kidney issues and intense pain inflicted on those who love you
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Bloody hell

Your goal weight is clinically underweight

Slow, painful death ...via bad hair, skin, lack of energy, furry coating, system shutdown, blood pressure, heart attacks, kidney issues and intense pain inflicted on those who love you

@louislove17 So you see ^that
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    155 is my "goal' but as I get closer we'll see how realistic it is. Even in high school, my rugby/softball playing weight was 175ish and I am on the downward slope from sustained massive obesity so I will be carrying a lot of extra skin around.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5 my original goal was 147 because it is the lowest weight I remember being and I felt good. But I was lifting a lot then. So now at 153 I'm thinking I'll aim for 140 and then recomp and see what happens. I am about a 6/8 now.