Like Minded Lushes - Part 1

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OK, I was at Famous Dave's with another family and everyone ordered drinks...I would have ordered a moosedrool dark ale and didn't...it would have been so yummy.

Plan to have one drinking night for the weekend...not sure which one it is yet....have a grad party on Saturday; but, Friday is martini night at a restaurant...I'll have to figure it out.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY!!!! I realize I just ate breakfast but I am excited thinking about my wine and whatever I drink tonight. :drinker: :drinker: I makes the workouts today so much more worth it. woooo hoooo!!:tongue:
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    OMG I'm starvin !

I ran a 6.5 mile cardio competition on the treadmill last night after work and it kicked my *kitten*.That said I didn't get to the gym this morning and so when I counted in the 10 beers I'm planning tonight it didn't leave much room for food today.I had plain old oatmeal for breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch,figured in a turkey dog on WW with mustard for a snack when I get home and right before the party starts cuz I don't do well drinkin on an empty stomach.

But right now I'm frickin starvin like Marvin!!!!

Just sayin!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't drunk all week and I've pretty much stayed clear of any sugary junk so I'm rewarding myself with a very nice bottle of merlot. 2 glasses tonight and the rest at some point over the weekend. Can't really drink tomorrow night though as I have a session with personal trainer early Sunday morning and I know from experience it really isn't good to drink the night before.

Cheers everyone, have a good weekend and happy drinking :drinker:
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm getting hammered drunk tonight. Just sayin. I do love seeing the scale the next morning with the huge water loss
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Hilariuos Tex and misslizz!

I did good all week, just one cocktail last night, before that.. Sunday. Well.. that being said, we're headed up to some family land up north and meeting up with some family. That means good times, great food and LOTS OF BOOZE! Pretty stoked! Luckily I'll be counteracting the alcohol with chasing my 1 1/2 y/o and making sure she's not eating frogs and bugs and plants and what not.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    My "like-minded lushes" from Chicago left this morning, and so begins my detox, which my liver will surely appreciate! I took a peak at my weight this morning before BM and I only put on 1 pound. I did eat properly, but I drank way over my allotted calories EVERYDAY.
    Now begins saving for that coach tartan purse... !! :heart:
  • tex43
    Options
    I'm getting hammered drunk tonight. Just sayin. I do love seeing the scale the next morning with the huge water loss
    I have noticed the scale doing that the next day to,I thought it was just luck,guess it is water loss!

I was in San Antonio last week on business,went to a bar called the time machine,had a blast ,ever heard of it?
  • tex43
    Options
    Hilariuos Tex and misslizz!

I did good all week, just one cocktail last night, before that.. Sunday. Well.. that being said, we're headed up to some family land up north and meeting up with some family. That means good times, great food and LOTS OF BOOZE! Pretty stoked! Luckily I'll be counteracting the alcohol with chasing my 1 1/2 y/o and making sure she's not eating frogs and bugs and plants and what not.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sounds like fun,we do the same thing we have a lease in LA we go to and it's all about good food good drinks and good friends,have fun!
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    so we're off in the morning to our boat on lake powel (az.) that means 100* temps, cold coronas with limes, gin & tonics and wine with dinners..whew! if i come back in one piece I will start over next week... I will get plenty of exercise and swimming in but..someone please pray for my liver.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Its finally friday night wine time. :bigsmile: I am doing the happy dance:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I have one full bottle of white and half a bottle of red calculated tonight. its gonna be a good one:laugh:
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    aaaaaahhhhhhh! i am sitting and enjoying a good cup of coffee and a glass of special reserve port. :heart: :heart:
    can you spell contentment.
    just enjoying the flavors.:tongue:

cheers everyone and happy weekend. enjoy your beverages of choice (monday is still far away):drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    so we're off in the morning to our boat on lake powel (az.) that means 100* temps, cold coronas with limes, gin & tonics and wine with dinners..whew! if i come back in one piece I will start over next week... I will get plenty of exercise and swimming in but..someone please pray for my liver.

OMG that sounds like so much fun! I miss sailing. There was nothing like spending an afternoon sailing to a local beach, swimming to shore while towing our little raft with the grill and coolers, and spending the day just chilling with friends. Ahhhh. But I'll just throw my floatie in the pool and pretend. :tongue:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Cheers to all my lush friends! Happy weekend.

Sue
  • foodwitch
    foodwitch Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah!! I am not alone in my nonalcoholic love of alcohol (Hey, I gave it up for 18 months when I was pregnant with my 2 kids...well, almost, there was some time when I did not know I was pregnant!) I can easily pass up the bread basket, dessert, or anything fried, but I really struggle with foregoing my nightly cocktail(s). My usual is wine...

I have always felt like I'm never truly committed to a diet because of this lack of willpower. But, i am coming to the realization that as they say, "this is not a diet, but a way of life" so I will have to find a way to drink AND lose weight. I remember when my father-in-law joined WW and counted wine as a fruit. Worked for him, he dropped 60lbs! But , he was also not a premenopausal 48 year-old women with, I believe, insulin resistance. My question is, how can all those Bravo Housewives drink like frat boys and still wear bikinis??? Yea, yea, lipo and botox!

Oh...I read a few of the earlier posts..i also live in Chicago..well, in a western suburb! I see a trend....
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    All this only drinking at weekends has turned me into a lightweight. I am ashamed to admit that I only managed one (small) glass of wine before I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV. Mind you I was exhausted after a busy week but that really is no excuse. :embarassed:
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    So after blowing it on Wednesday, I ALMOST made it Thursday. I just HAD to have a Balvenie Doublewood Single Malt Scotch Whiskey. At least it was only 103 calories. :happy:

I'm happy for the weekend. I had three pints of beer last night - which is a very light drinking day for the ole Beer Kahuna. :laugh:

Today is the Portland Organic Beer Festival at Overlook Park in Portland, Oregon. I think I might have just a few (dozen) tasters today. :bigsmile:

Tomorrow starts five straight days of no alchohol - I KNOW I can do it!

Cheers everyone! :drinker:
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    All this only drinking at weekends has turned me into a lightweight. I am ashamed to admit that I only managed one (small) glass of wine before I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV. Mind you I was exhausted after a busy week but that really is no excuse. :embarassed:

That's kinda funny as I was thinking the same thing. At 6'5" and 270 lbs I could drink with the best of them. Now, at 216 +/- I find it hits me a LOT sooner. Something about less blood volume I guess, huh?

On a positive note - it certainly is a lot cheaper to go out now. :bigsmile:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am turning into someone else!!!!!!! just had to choose between yoghurt honey and nuts or a second beer.......

the yoghurt was very nice.......