Like Minded Lushes - Part 1

Options

Replies

• dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I am turning into someone else!!!!!!! just had to choose between yoghurt honey and nuts or a second beer.......

the yoghurt was very nice.......

Awesome! You definitely made a great choice.

I was looking to burn off some alcohol calories with my husband or have another beer. Unfortunately he made the choice for me and that is why I am enjoying another beer. UGH!

I guess double cardio tomorrow but not with him! :tongue:
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a real problem with drinking and the healthy eating. I can go without, but if I just have one glass of wine I don't stop until the bottle is gone. Then of course I get the munchies. I think last night I had about 6 glasses and boy did'nt I raid the fridge when I got home, mind you luckily there wasn't anything too bad in it.
    Be nice if we had an alcohol meter like the water one, just so we can be more aware.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday report for the weekend....4 martinis with champagne chasers, 2 beers and 1 bottle of wine...so, the weekend is over and I start fresh tonight....
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    4 margaritas 2 daquaris and a few shots of tequila and rum. It was a good day. Today should be okay except I had a shot of kalua in my cofee this morning.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a beer as I type. Not a very good weekend diet wise but oh well. My clothes are still tight even with all the working out and dieting. I am ready to throw my hands up and say forget it!

Cheers!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am drinking a beer as I type. Not a very good weekend diet wise but oh well. My clothes are still tight even with all the working out and dieting. I am ready to throw my hands up and say forget it!

Cheers!

Don't do it...keep fighting...a beer does sound good tho...nice, hot sunny day
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    hi guys!! some people do the fruit and veggie juice fast. i'm doin the master cleanse/lemonaid one. lemme tell ya'll something. this right here is HARD!!! Harder than refraining from the al al al al al alcohol! i guess its mainly because I HATE to stop something i start ( ifeel like such a failure). So i'm sticking to last the 10 days, although some people have gone 20, 30 and 60 days! I don't know how the helli-copter they do that!!

In top of that, I have to cook dinner for the fam. And imma nibbler cook, I cook, i nibble (you know, taste it make sure it tastes good) lol!!!.

Ok, so as of today i lost 5 lbs. This cleanse also does something for your mental. it enlightens you!! SO while I am being enlightened, i started thinking about how when i eat what health people tout as being healthy ;like kashi, granola, wheat bread, oatmel and such i don't lose a lb! But when i do an atkins style diet, low carbs (no breads, granola, pasta etc) i lose. So i posted this question in the "community" and one person said i may have a gluten intolerance!!! Oh EM GEEEE. Gotta look into that ASAP. Anybody know about this gluten thing?

Anyhoo, happy trails to you until we meet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Well, last week was a bad week for me. I didn't make it past Tuesday in terms of not drinking and never went back on the wagon. Yesterday was the first time I worked out since Tuesday as well (not counting golf on Thursday). And I lost two pounds. Yeah, that's messed up.

Good luck to everyone this week! It's going to be a tough one I think. All of us in the US will be looking toward the 4th of July holiday weekend - BBQ's and booze! If I am not mistaken, July 1st is Canada Day? If you guys in the UK need a reason to booze it up, tomorrow is my birthday :wink:

ADVANCE NOTICE: I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread for the month of July. I'll do it on Thursday and I will post on here when I do. It would "force" everyone to check in so to speak. I think it would be a good way to start keeping better track of goals, weight, etc. We can do it each month and then it will be easy to go back to the first page and see where everyone was. Never mind the fact that this one is getting a bit long. Thoughts?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Tameka - I may also have a gluten intolerance as well. I've been diagnosed as insulin resistant and as part of a new nutrition plan, I've cut all grain from my diet - so I'm basically following a Paleo kind of diet - lots of protein, healthy fats and "good carbs" - being leafy greens. The other day I caved, ate some Pad Thai - after being grain free for 2 months, and I blew up like a balloon! I looked 6 months pregnant!
    Try it for 4 weeks, cut all breads, pasta, rice, barley, oats and see how you feel. Today there are a lot of alternatives if you can't live without your bread - gluten free is everywhere and even now, Duncan Hines/Betty Crocker is making Gluten Free cake mixes.

Dave - Sorry such a rough week. I made it through Friday, Saturday and Sunday without having a drink! I noticed I was craving carbs though and had a Pad Thai and felt sick after. I'm looking at making it through another week alcohol free, but starting Monday next week - I'm on holiday with the kidlets - so I know I'll need a few drinks!

Good Luck and stay dry!!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I didn't gain or lose last week - but I did indulge 4 times over the week - not my goal . I only had 21 drinks on Saturday and none last night so I am hoping for a better week
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I didn't gain or lose last week - but I did indulge 4 times over the week - not my goal . I only had 21 drinks on Saturday and none last night so I am hoping for a better week

:noway: 21 drinks!!! :noway:
    Either it's a typo - or you're a champ!
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    Well Dave, I found the two pounds you lost! I knew I shouldn't have stepped on the scale this morning, but I couldn't resist the torture. I needed a good kick in the rear though.

Friday night had a whole bottle of Three Olives Cherry Vodka and Crystal Light Pink Lemonade. Thanks to whoever brought that up on this thread. I started with the Club Soda, but the Crystal Light was much better in my opinion. Then it was to the lake on Saturday where the beer flowed and just lying around on a flotation device does not take much energy.

The weekend ended with a trip to the local ice cream parlor. Now it's back to the drawing board. I really got to get this weekend thing under control!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I finished off the weekend with 3 beers chil-laxing in the hot tub...beautiful night...weighed in today with hugh disappointment...so, as someone mentioned earlier WAKE-UP CALL

Welcome Sober Monday (although, it's dollar taco night with 32oz beers for $4.00, I will be strong)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Dave, that's a good idea about starting a new thread in July to stay up to date...your right about the upcoming weekend...I'll have to hang my head in shame again:blushing:

Glad it's a new week for me...vacationing with fellow lushes is not the way to self control...goal for the holiday week is 15 drinks

Anybody else want to set a personal goal for the week?

Here's some info I goggled for the wine drinkers...I believed a bottle of wine was really 3 glasses...quess what, it's 5...:sad: :grumble: :noway:

Q: Most studies say that one or two glasses of wine contribute to healthy living. What does the American Medical Association consider to be a glass of wine (ounces and at what alcohol level)?—Robert Fry, Los Olivos, Calif.

A: Robert J. Mills, of the American Medical Association, reports that in the United States, the medical community generally accepts these guidelines outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention: "A standard drink is any drink that contains about half an ounce (13.7 grams or 1.2 tablespoons) of pure alcohol. Generally, this amount of pure alcohol is found in 5 ounces of wine." To put this in perspective, since a bottle of wine is 750ml, or 25 ounces, there are around 5 glasses of wine in a bottle. International medical studies may have different standards of what constitutes a glass of wine, so it's always a good idea to check the fine print when reading health-related news.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Tameka - I may also have a gluten intolerance as well. I've been diagnosed as insulin resistant and as part of a new nutrition plan, I've cut all grain from my diet - so I'm basically following a Paleo kind of diet - lots of protein, healthy fats and "good carbs" - being leafy greens. The other day I caved, ate some Pad Thai - after being grain free for 2 months, and I blew up like a balloon! I looked 6 months pregnant!
    Try it for 4 weeks, cut all breads, pasta, rice, barley, oats and see how you feel. Today there are a lot of alternatives if you can't live without your bread - gluten free is everywhere and even now, Duncan Hines/Betty Crocker is making Gluten Free cake mixes.

Thanks! Question, when I go to the store do are the items gonna be marked "gluten free"??
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

Thanks! Question, when I go to the store do are the items gonna be marked "gluten free"??

YUP!

@Kim - I always thought a bottle of wine was 4 glasses - that's what it usually lasts me :blushing:
  • tameka1220
    Options

YUP!

I've never seen it before. it's like in the regular aisles??
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Not sure about US grocery stores, but in Canada, usually most of the gluten free breads are in the frozen section. The cake mixes can be found with the regular cake mixes - and the gluten free pasta I've found has been in the health food aisle/organic aisle.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    tameka1220,
    Try shopping in a health food store. They typically have a good selection of gluten-free food items. There's also a good gluten-free cookbook called The Gluten-Free Gourmet, by Bette Hagman. Several years ago I was on a gluten-free diet, and the cookbook has all kinds of recipes. FYI - there may be some ingredients you are unfamiliar with, but give it a try.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Oops I meant 2 drinks
    susan