Struggling to give up.....

Options
13»

Replies

• Teamhynes
    Teamhynes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would do exactly what you described if I didn't find room to fit sweets into my day. I usually eek in some trail mix with M&Ms to get my crunchy sweet fix. I find it much harder to stay on the path I'm committed to if I consume any large quants of junk food. My carb cravings kick in and it's like going into carb detox all over again. Just doing small amounts means I get the best of both worlds without the constant struggle with what is really head hunger.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Lilith5 wrote: »
    Your ticker says you have 108 lbs to lose and that you've lost 5. So, you want to give up and be at this same weight? I read your profile and you've written very powerful words. Were those words for you? Perhaps re-read what you wrote?

And the junk food is for your niece? Does she need the junk food? You made the purchase, correct? Perhaps just toss it outside in the trash?

At 27 years old, its time to take control of your life. Best of luck. :)

No I don't want to be at this weight :( yeah I actually had forgotten what I had wrote.
    I suppose out of sight out of mind, I'll just find somewhere to put them.
    Thanks Allaboutthecake :)

It just takes a little bit of perspective. Your welcome. :)

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Make room in your allotment.
  • reneeconnor2015
    reneeconnor2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    <<<< 4ft 111
  • reneeconnor2015
    reneeconnor2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry 4ft 11
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I would ceremoniously trash the cake. It was bought at a weak moment. Try giving up sugar and refined grains for 24 hours and see if you can get past the craving.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sorry 4ft 11

Being short has it's upsides and downsides lol
  • Lilith5
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    I would ceremoniously trash the cake. It was bought at a weak moment. Try giving up sugar and refined grains for 24 hours and see if you can get past the craving.

I'll try that. Thanks
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i would be miserable if i gave up sweets and beer.

id much rather plan for them and get to eat them regularly!

i had a cupcake earlier, which means i dont get my chocolate tonight when i go to bed, but thats the price i paid for that snack! LOL!

(sadly, it wasn't even really worth it... oh well LOL)

youre an adult. you control what goes in your mouth and when. start acting like an adult.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I give up nothing....
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories a day and losing .5 to 1 pound a week most weeks (some weeks I do not lose anything). I exercise 5-6 days a week and eat back many of those calories. I do not have "cheat" days or "refeeds." I have given up alcohol, cheese and most sugary treats in order to lose. I look forward to adding them back in moderation when I am at maintenance and have more calories. When I see responses like "just fit it in" and "when I have 300-400 calories left after dinner" it is clear to me that people have NO idea what it is like to be older, very short, close to your goal (I only need to lose 10 pounds) and set to 1200 calories a day to lose a very modest amount of weight per week. It is not that easy, people!
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    OP, how are you doing? Want to give us an update :) ?
  • Lilith5
    Options

I'm down 3lb!! ☺️
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

I'm down 3lb!! ☺️

Good for you!

anchorman.jpg

• 218Beth
    218Beth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal weight without cutting anything out. I get cranky if i don't eat sweets, I probably eat too many even.
    Fill up on nutritious food, like veggies, protein, healthy fats and leave a few hundred calories every day for treats. It's easy, it's just a numbers game. DO NOT skip meals just to have sweets, a sundae instead of dinner or lunch won't fill you up, it will leave you feeling sluggish and eventually crashing. I have made this mistake so many times in my life. You're gonna consume less of whatever you're craving if you're full anyway.
  • allaboutthecake
    Options

I'm down 3lb!! ☺️

:)<3
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am a 53 year old lady and 4'11". Last Friday I ate a large piece of Costco chocolate bundt cake, brownie, and lots of delicious pot luck food. I lost 1 lb over the weekend. When I buy things that I may binge on I take a small bite and take the rest to work.