Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Afraid to stop my new daily cardio routine. *I enjoy it, its fun!

13»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    I looked at your burn numbers. They are more than 2x over-estimated.

Cut them in half.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Run this man over with your bike!

This. Sorry but your boyfriend sounds like a jerk if hes trying to use reverse psychology on you to control your eating. Get your gym membership, start lifting. Slow down some of that cardio and eat your calories. Men are a dime a dozen , you can do better.

LOL he's much older, and think he is Mr. Physical fitness, he can cycle and know about that stuff, but overall fitness and healthy eating he sucks! If he keep up the irritation crap I will replace him. Because I don't chase them, I replace them. I will get that membership going and start my lifting soon, I cannot wait! I'm so excited! Great advice on that cardio because my knees are hurting, I went in too strong too fast I think. Thanks sweetie! :blush:

There you go woman! You've got this now!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Thx yall. I tried to tell my bf I need the calories, but he makes me feel guilty and say I don't have discipline, LOL he's annoying and I tell him so while munching on something healthy, he's a hater LOL. I really agree I need to take a day off, I want to go out tonight so bad, but I won't. I appreciate yall so so so much!!! I don't want to burn out. I didn't mean to sound aggressive if I did in my replies if I came off that way.

This is how your bf treats you? ummm... um! This is not okay! You are a grown woman and you eat what you need as determined by YOU, and he needs to can it! If my husband talked to me like that he would be in the dog house. and if he continued he would be in a house separate from me!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    That make a lot of sense, and that's why I go hard as I can to make sure I get in my burn, because the overestimation is highly likely. I ride up hills non-stop, and being from Cali I ride aggressively, so I maneuver rarely stopping at a light.

I'm eating anywhere from 1300-2500 depending on how hungry I am.

Please don't. The battle between cyclists and motorists is bad enough. Things like this are the reason why a lot motorists dislike cyclists.

I agree, simply for the sake of your health and safety! Sometimes it is hard to see a rapidly moving cyclist dodging around cars, and then ppl get killed. :(
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    unmatcheddiscipline Posts: 101 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    diary looks good…

Like I said,I would just make sure that every day you are netting whatever the number is that MFP gives you. i would say start with eating back 50% of your exercise calories and see how you feel. If you are still starving every day, then eat back 75%.

Thx. Gotcha! I will adhere to this.
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I looked at your burn numbers. They are more than 2x over-estimated.

Cut them in half.

Yeah, I'm not mad about it, just glad that at least if its not 1000 its 500, and I'm having fun so it makes it all well worth it :blush:
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    gothchiq wrote: »

This is how your bf treats you? ummm... um! This is not okay! You are a grown woman and you eat what you need as determined by YOU, and he needs to can it! If my husband talked to me like that he would be in the dog house. and if he continued he would be in a house separate from me!

He's total East Coast, and I'm total West Coast, we clash LOL. He's a Jellybean, girl if I really tripped on him I'll be crazy as hell. Besides he doesn't want to hear my mouth, and he doesn't want me to leave him so he checks himself real quick and shut that crap down! I am glad to have all of you here to give me reinforcement because the last thing I want to do is starve myself and quit, or be skinny fat again. You're one tough mama! I respect your gangsta gothchiq!! :wink: